(Topic ID: 96046)

Best game to buy if you love ramp shots???

By Blake

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF7779.jpg
airbornepf.jpg
xenon_9.jpg
xenon_10.jpg
20131009_181721.jpg
image-1.jpg
image-718.jpg
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

The Shadow for the diverters.

Both Steve Ritchie Star Trek games. They just FEEL right.

I also love the flow of JPop games and WCS '94 is a perfect example of that kind of that flowing sensation his designs embody.

#52 9 years ago

In the $2K range, I don't think you can beat Dredd or DM for ramp action.

#53 9 years ago

My bad shrunken head

#54 9 years ago

Never seen a JD close to me.
Blake

#55 9 years ago

It seems like Steve Ritchie games typically are great ramp-wise. Like T2, T3, and No Fear, for example.

#56 9 years ago

Cyclone.

#57 9 years ago

No Fear, Judge Dredd, Demo Man

#58 9 years ago

As much as I can't stand the game, Party Zone has some great ramps.

#59 9 years ago

Indy500 is a fun game with good ramp action that can be had for about 2k.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Indy500 is a fun game with good ramp action that can be had for about 2k.

Where?

#61 9 years ago

Yeah the Indy 500 I have seen are almost 3500.

#62 9 years ago

Just got one for $1900 on Pinside last month. Routed but has cleaned up nicely and plays great. A friend also picked one up for $2500 a couple months ago. There was one for sale at SFGE last weekend for $2800 I believe, don't think it sold.

#63 9 years ago

Prices are ridiculous up north!!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Just got one for $1900 on Pinside last month. Routed but has cleaned up nicely and plays great. A friend also picked one up for $2500 a couple months ago. There was one for sale at SFGE last weekend for $2800 I believe, don't think it sold.

$1900.00 is a really good price

#65 9 years ago

- Tales from the Crypt
- Austin Powers
- RollerCoaster Tycoon

#66 9 years ago

Godzilla

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

There was one for sale at SFGE last weekend for $2800 I believe, don't think it sold.

Any idea who the seller was? I might be interested.

#69 9 years ago

JD or DM....

or wait a few months and an old MM "classic edition"

#70 9 years ago

No Fear and JD are great choices.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No Fear and JD are great choices.

Especially when going for both. I rank them as two of the best B/W players from that era. Thank goodness most think otherwise.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Any idea who the seller was? I might be interested.

pm sent

#73 9 years ago

I am glad there is so much love for DM here. Ive played a bunch of different machines and I still love DM's ramps more than almost any other. Id recommend turning the cryoclaw to off btw. I don't even really play the game with it on anymore because the right ramp is so sweet without ever having to wait around.

#74 9 years ago

WCS 94 has super smooth ramps. $2000 or under. Give it a try.
T2 is my favorite loop to loop for rewards. Also under $2000.
Good luck

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

I'm thinking, JM,DM,RBION,T2,SP,JD,TFTC,LAH??
Blake

Lah has one ramp, that machine isn't about ramps at all. If you want good ramp shots, buy a Baywatch. Cheesy audio and graphics, but some of the best ramp shots ever. Probably No Fear too.

#76 9 years ago

I love ramps as we'll and posted similar question when I searched for my first game. Here are a few of my favorite ramp games. T2, WCS, TFTC, New ST, TOM, DM, No Fear, Indy 500, SM, CC all come to mind.

#77 9 years ago

Independence Day and batman forever are great ramp games in this price range in addition to several already mentioned.

#78 9 years ago

I didn't find the flow of DM that awesome, personally. The claw, the saucer at the top of the left inlane, the sink hole at the end of the left orbit, and the computer sink hole seemed to me to be flow killers. Lots of ramps, though.

No fear is a good one. Baywatch and Batman forever have 4 ramps each.

#79 9 years ago

No Fear, Airborne, Demolition Man, Truck Stop.

Do you like ramps or wireforms? Or doesn't that matter?

Chris

#80 9 years ago

if you can find one.

JD, Goldeneye No Fear and DM

#81 9 years ago

Flintstones has surprised the hell out of me. Excellent ramps and crazy arch ramp return on the apron. Very fun.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Scared Stiff - super repeatable ramps that noobs love

It's not just the noobs.

#83 9 years ago

Hey Blake,
The guy I just bought my TSPP from is selling a Star Ship Troopers for $1,500 ish. If you are interested I can give you his details.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It's not just the noobs.

I have to thoroughly agree here!!

#85 9 years ago

For well under $2000, I'd pick Radical first:

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

Runners up, factoring cost and ramps, JD, then DM, and last maaaaaybe No Fear (might not be under 2K, but just over that if not).

#86 9 years ago

JoJo is right. Radical has CRAZY ramps!!!

#87 9 years ago

just checked out radical. and though it does have a bunch of ramps and gameplay looks to be fun, this pin art looks awful. Looks like a 12 year olds birthday present. I think i am determined to purchase a movie themed pin or something of higher class like NF. Going to check video on Star Ship Troopers but dont know if i can get past that theme either as ive never watched the movie and again looks like something a 12 year old would watch. God i sound like a woman.
blake

#88 9 years ago

Admittedly, I really don't like F-14 Tomcat, but that machine has ramps and stuff going on all over the place. It's WAY under $2K too. Give it a look on YouTube.

#89 9 years ago

T2 ramps - The game looks dialed in and this guy can play. It is not this easy to go ramp to ramp shooting, or is it?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

T2 ramps - The game looks dialed in and this guy can play. It is not this easy to go ramp to ramp shooting, or is it?

T2 is a great game but it's easy to "master".

It's interesting seeing different styles of game play - I don't think that guy cradled the ball once. He hit those ramps like it was his job though....

#91 9 years ago

Yea I think F-14 is right up my ally as well.
Here is a more narrowed list:
DM,JM,JD,NF,T2,F-14,Golden eye( just love JB),TFTC(probably 1k more than what I can spend), also going to check out roller coaster tycoon.
Blake

#92 9 years ago

T2 dont look very fun just shooting the 2 ramps all day go for jd or dm as they are widebodys and have tons of ramps and lots to do

#93 9 years ago

And I still am itching for more RBION. But probably because it's a bad ass game and not for the 2 ramps.
Blake

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

or something of higher class like NF

Never though I'd hear that.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

T2 dont look very fun just shooting the 2 ramps all day go for jd or dm as they are widebodys and have tons of ramps and lots to do

I understand, but we are opposites. I can't stand slow, side to side wide body pins like DM, R+T and JD. I like faster flowing games. I do understand why they have a good rep though, so I would never bad mouth them.

Quoted from tb0ne:

T2 is a great game but it's easy to "master".
It's interesting seeing different styles of game play - I don't think that guy cradled the ball once. He hit those ramps like it was his job though....

Yes, I know it could be to master after a while, but it is still fun as hell. It is all about what you like. My favorite is HS2 and that is an over and over and over game, but addictive as heck.

I like my WCS also and once again, that has smooth ramps also. All of my games were under $2000.

Quoted from Blake:

And I still am itching for more RBION. But probably because it's a bad ass game and not for the 2 ramps.
Blake

Yes that is fun with a lot to do, but harder to find and will be more than $2000. Looking forward to play one at Coast City Comics in Portland, ME when I am on vacation. Headed out tomorrow.

#96 9 years ago

how about NASCAR? I'm not a fan at all of the theme but its really fun game that you can sometimes pick up in the 2k range.

#97 9 years ago

Haven't played it much but I remember Terminator 3 is a ramp fest too.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Haven't played it much but I remember Terminator 3 is a ramp fest too.

Good point, some love for ramps on that one. And I 'd take it over a T2 easily.

#99 9 years ago

Never see T3 for sale though?
Blake

#100 9 years ago

Tons of T2s made and therefore they come up for sale frequently. Fewer T3s out there.

Hitting the T2 ramps repeatedly like that is not something everyone can do. The left one is easier to hit but the right one takes some practice to hit like that...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-to-buy-if-you-love-ramp-shots/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.