10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9510 (resized).jpeg
    #1 10 months ago

My game room is a 1,000 sq ft rectangular space with a big conference table in the center, pinballs along the walls.

I’m thinking of going from the lousy ceiling fluorescents that came with the place to cans, or a better fluorescent pattern.

Would appreciate suggestions on how to best light the room while minimizing glare on the games. Some have no glare glass, some don’t.

Is there a tried and true method for lighting a pinball room?

#2 10 months ago

Lighting, like anything, is a personal preference but some accent makes sense.
    You could change out those fluorescent tubes to black light tubes. Add poster or two.
    Fairly cheap solution, solves glare, and an instant good times atmosphere.

#3 10 months ago

I let the pins light up the room, and only turn on the 'house lights' when we're not playing.

-Paul

#4 10 months ago

Dimmable cans. Esthetically it’s an upgrade and you can control light output.

#5 10 months ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

Dimmable cans. Esthetically it’s an upgrade and you can control light output.

I do this too. I’m also going to add an LED strip light up in ceiling joist. Probably a govee off of Amazon.

1 week later
    #6 10 months ago

I had the same question a couple of years ago and came up with my own solution. Indirect upward accent lighting behind a tray ceiling. Worked out better than I expected.

IMG_9510 (resized).jpegIMG_9510 (resized).jpeg
    #7 10 months ago

Very nice!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-room-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.