Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Svengo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I've been debating getting TS, but I'm hung up on the looks and the theme. It got me thinking, what if you could re-theme or change the looks of any game you love to play. What would the top 5 look like on Pinside. Please list your top 5 games based on play and rules. Do not factor in looks or theme.

#2 11 years ago

Not sure about top 5, but number one for me would be Demolition Man, hands down. Love to play that game but it is UGLY as sin.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

Not sure about top 5, but number one for me would be Demolition Man, hands down. Love to play that game but it is UGLY as sin.

+1! DM gets better every time I play it, but the artwork and backglass isn't something i want in my home...

i just picked up a shadow and I love it...everything pales in comparison to it in its price range and I prefer it any new Stern and even games like IJ and CFTBL...

My top 5 would be in no order:

The Shadow, Road Show, No Good Gofers, Twilight Zone, and The Addams Family

#4 11 years ago

There are plenty of games for me that fit into the ugly but fun category. The most recent surprise for me is 24. The game is ugly but I had a ton of fun playing it.

#5 11 years ago

Last Action Hero

#6 11 years ago

I had fun playing wheel of fortune at a local bar here, kinda surprised me.

#7 11 years ago

currently Tommy would fit that bill in my eyes as I am only playing it right now. It is an excellent pin.

#9 11 years ago

Shadow is a players game. And for competitions I think it is one of the best. The points and rules are so well balanced each player can be doing different things for there score.

Unlike some games where its one main thing and thats where all the points are.

Shadow no doubt.

BUT after a year+ owning I am kind of used to the back glass.

#10 11 years ago

austin powers.. oh wait, I don't have to put up with the theme, I can just play iron man because it's essentially the same game.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

currently Tommy would fit that bill in my eyes as I am only playing it right now. It is an excellent pin.

Really? I really like the art package on Tommy.

Everyone says DM and DH are ugly. I own and love them both. I don't think the art is bad either... Aside from the naked Stallone.

I think CV is uglier than DM or DH... Fun game though.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

Last Action Hero []

That one really surprised me with how much fun it was!

SM is still the most fun to play!!

#14 11 years ago

Spiderman is a great looking game

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

spiderman is a great looking game

Yes it is. I didn't interpret the thread to say "only ugly good playing games" if that is the intent I withdraw both of my listed games. Even TS is great looking, just not when you look up @ the back box. But..other than when you walk up to the game, when do you???

#16 11 years ago

I haven't played enough 80's Gottliebs to really have a qualified answer here. DW is the one ugly pin that I love. I don't think it's that bad, really, but some people hate this pin because of its looks.

#17 11 years ago

I'd have to put WPT in the ugly but great gameplay category.

I love the gameplay but I think it has a pretty ugly backglass and cabinet and that playfield art looks atrocious as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-play-looks-dont-count and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.