Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Coz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey all. I am a one pin collection fella (for now) and am curious as to what you guys think would be the best pin for that? Something with long lasting fun, and longevity.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is no good answer to this, but there is a philosophy. And that is, all of them. In a single pin collection some games will last a long time, some will be there for a short time. But even the short ones are worth owning for a bit. There are some great games on your wish list. So just decide to own all of them... one at a time.

IM WORKING ON IT. HAHA!!!

Thanks for the replies all. Sadly I live in an area with no collection of machines anywhere, so I have no way to just "try before I buy"

#30 6 years ago

I live in nowheresville, kentucky. Not many pins around here. My favorite types of pins are "journey" type pins like LOTR and Indy, but sadly, I'm unable to afford such a machine. I play my TWD for hours upon hours and treat it like a baby, and I *love* it, but it's not really an adventure. Haha. Killing zombies is fun, though!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You probably should have asked what pin is best for a one-pin collection that's under 5k, then. Putting that fiscal cap on it really limits the answers you would get. (I'd even have a tough time coming up with one that's under 5k and wouldn't get old fast.)

Fair enough. I have an upward limit of about 6100.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Of the 3 you've owned, which did you like the most?

It's probably a toss up between GOT and SW. I really enjoy the flow.

That being said I really enjoy the difficulty of TWD and the shots there, too, but the shots on GOT and SW were just buttery smooth. The Arena ramp in TWD though is probably my favorite shot in all of pinball.

#54 6 years ago

I'm actually not a huge fan of RBION, :/

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

You ask a tough question, like which Doritos chip is best out of a bag. As I expected the answers are all over the place, because there really isn't any one game which will scratch the pinball itch for long. I'm surprised that you have a TWD as your only pin currently, because it can really punch in the family jewels. While I think of Medieval Madness as a good game for a single game collection, I suggest that you play a variety of pins at Pinball Hall of Fame or another similar place with a large selection and make your own decision.
From what I could tell viewing your profile, you've already let two recent Richie pins go, so maybe his style of play isn't what you like, so keep that in mind for the suggestions of SM, ST, AC/DC, etc.

Honestly, I really miss both GOT and SW. I loved the relative simplicity and satisfaction of the shots paired with the deep rules.

I also enjoy games with average ball times of over 10 seconds. Ha!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm still trying to figure out missing Star Wars. As I recall, they shipped less than a month ago. Is there a reason it was with you such a short time? Buying, selling, and missing all within a month seems odd. I even looked to be sure it was the Stern one in your collection.

It can be summed up in 3 words. I'm a doofus.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Wasp, 2 pages of recommends and no mention of GB. Rightfully so.
Lot of good info in here, but I think ultimately the answer is you should figure out where you can put a 2nd pin in your house.

Here's my thing with GB -- I and my entire family are all GB fanatics. I'm not dead set in stone on it, but I'm very much wanting one.

I have the room for another pin...it's finding the funds that are the problem.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So based on this I'd say two of the following: FT, BSD, TS, JM, JP, and JD. My picks would be TS and BSD.

I love both TS and BSD, so I wouldn't be opposed to either further than the quite linear style of BSD. But the call of Thir-r-r-r-r-r-r-r--r-r-r-r-rty million is great.

1 week later
#89 6 years ago

Thanks for all the recommendations, all.

I'm about to either gravitate towards a LOTR, Hobbit, TSPP, or Met, based on them. The hobbit is super sexy.

Or just use my extra funds and try to find an older sega/de/bally/williams, like JP, WCS, or Baywatch(!). I've put together another 2200 for exclusive pin usage, and will keep saving, I suppose. Trading upwards towards the above will kind of deplete this fund, of course, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to try to trade up, or just find a good even trade towards my GB and buy an older machine.

Who knows!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I can only tell you out my own experience which is limited. I own TSPP, Met, and T2. Once I brought Met in I don't think I have played T2. Met is the ultimate one more game and TSPP gives you that journey feeling. I also like LOTR and think that would be a great game. Good luck in your choice as it is a near impossible one.

Thanks -- I'm working on trading my GB towards one of these games, then after that I'll be buying a second, cheaper game. That way the choice will be a little easier and I can just move forward from there. Why does this have to be so addicting?

#95 6 years ago

I'd love to have a shadow. I'm not sure if consider it cheap, these days, though.

#111 6 years ago

Well, I'll be adding a second machine soon(WCS94!), so this question is a moot point for me...but I think it's still useful information for someone entering the hobby that is in my situation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-for-a-one-pin-collection?tu=waspinat0r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.