Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Coz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

TZ was my first pin and is never leaving.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks -- I'm working on trading my GB towards one of these games, then after that I'll be buying a second, cheaper game. That way the choice will be a little easier and I can just move forward from there. Why does this have to be so addicting?

Didn't you just get GB not even 2 weeks ago?!

Rob

#103 6 years ago

So what was the correct answer?

#104 6 years ago

I only had room for one. I went for something where wizard wasnt easily achievable in my price range. Wound up with JM. I think a lot of folks are saying LOTR. I used to think that was the answer too because Valinor is damn near impossible. Aside from Valinor, youre looking at 40 minute game times constantly trying to achieve the impossible. If you want that challenge, this is the pin, but it will beat you down to the point where you hate it. Playing for an hour and winding up just short will eat at you. You will start to despise Gimli's bitch ass. Judging by the way you move games in and out, I think youd get sick of it.

I think the answer is there is no perfect game for a one game setup for someone who loves to play daily. You WILL get tired of it. But if youre someone that NEEDS to achieve the Super Wizard Mode, yes, TSPP and LOTR are the games as they will take the most time to get there.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I only had room for one. I went for something where wizard wasnt easily achievable in my price range. Wound up with JM. I think a lot of folks are saying LOTR. I used to think that was the answer too because Valinor is damn near impossible. Aside from Valinor, youre looking at 40 minute game times constantly trying to achieve the impossible. If you want that challenge, this is the pin, but it will beat you down to the point where you hate it. Playing for an hour and winding up just short will eat at you. You will start to despise Gimli's bitch ass. Judging by the way you move games in and out, I think youd get sick of it.
I think the answer is there is no perfect game for a one game setup for someone who loves to play daily. You WILL get tired of it. But if youre someone that NEEDS to achieve the Super Wizard Mode, yes, TSPP and LOTR are the games as they will take the most time to get there.

Very good logic.

#106 6 years ago

Thats a tough question, but its tough to beat LOTR or MMRLE although WOZ, Metallica (if u like the music), ACDC, TZ would be a close second...if I had to pick one it would be LOTR followed MMRLE

#107 6 years ago

We currently have one pin - MET Pro. So far we're very happy just playing this.

#108 6 years ago

First let me say that theme is everything. If your picking one game, you gotta love the theme. Now I have, or have had, almost every game listed here...
And I'd say if you really like one of these themes: AFM, TAF, IJ:TPA or LOTR...
Then pick that one. Those are 3 that can't leave my collection

#109 6 years ago

No game is the best game for a "one pin collection".

#110 6 years ago

RBION if you could only have one.
Don't be tempted by virtual pin. Leave that to the consoles and your PC.

#111 6 years ago

Well, I'll be adding a second machine soon(WCS94!), so this question is a moot point for me...but I think it's still useful information for someone entering the hobby that is in my situation.

#112 6 years ago

My first pin was Tron pro which lasted about 6 months by itself before our family got the bug for a second pin. We added a BSD which really added fast brutal gameplay with a great reward. Both are fun for different reasons. I would just make sure you get a pin with deep rules and a good wizard mode for a home environment.

My list of adds as I make room are:
JM
WOZ
TS
SW
TNA
Maybe JD or DM

Music themes wouldn't work in my house or I would have a MET.

#113 6 years ago

I'll never have just one. It's all or nothing!

But some of the players that come over have told me Pit Stop should be the last one to leave if it ever comes to that.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some players that come over have told me Pit Stop should be the last one to leave.

You misunderstood. They just like using your house to make a pit stop if they are in the area and need to go.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You misunderstood. They just like using your house to make a pit stop if they are in the area and need to go.

No, I understand on Pit Stop there are two ways to win, laps and points. That means instead of $5, each game is worth $10 to the winner(s).

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I live in nowheresville, kentucky. Not many pins around here. My favorite types of pins are "journey" type pins like LOTR and Indy, but sadly, I'm unable to afford such a machine. I play my TWD for hours upon hours and treat it like a baby, and I *love* it, but it's not really an adventure. Haha. Killing zombies is fun, though!

I think I have heard of that town in Kentucky! Isn't it in the eastern part around Hazard county? Only kidding but my grandmother did live in that county in the 20's. This Hoosier says Hey!

I like and would go with an EM also. I have no machines right now, but am looking. Less money more FUN!

3 months later
#117 6 years ago

waspinat0r which pin did you go with?

#118 6 years ago

None.
Just Buy one and when you get bored, sell it and pick another one.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

waspinat0r which pin did you go with?

I believe he got Guardians of the Gunniea Pigs.....err I mean Galaxy.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe he got Guardians of the Gunniea Pigs.....err I mean Galaxy.

An incomplete game in a 1 game collection, I don't see that lasting long for him.

Rob

1 year later
#121 5 years ago

Walking Dead and Batman 66 would also be contenders, in addition to my aforementioned Shadow.

#122 5 years ago

Doesn't matter in a 1 pin collection in fact I don't think theres such thing as a 1 pin collection, buy a game then play it till ur bored, sell and buy another.

#123 5 years ago

Cyclone or Pinbot. Or Elvis.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Walking Dead and Batman 66 would also be contenders, in addition to my aforementioned Shadow.

All three of these machines are great pins.

#125 5 years ago

Man, Waspinator sure came and went quicker than anyone I can remember ...

Zero to 100mph and back to zero in a few months ...

rd

#126 5 years ago

Get more room. Gotta have at least 3 pins. Then you don’t have to worry about switching it up all the time, you’ll end up wasting money that way. With one, you get bored quick, sell lower, buy higher, etc.

#127 5 years ago

"One" more.....

#128 5 years ago

@waspinat0r, we miss you. Hope you finally found a pin that lasted longer than a week. I did enjoy following your pinball adventures, they were fun. Hope to see you back soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
$ 25.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-for-a-one-pin-collection/page/3?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.