(Topic ID: 194036)

Best game for a newbie

By Jaws72

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaws72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello. I've always been a fan of pinball. I remember my summer vacations going to Wildwood, New Jersey...watching my dad pay pinball.
So, now here I am, grabbing the torch! Unfortunately,, it's harder to find pinball machines to play. Gone are the days of arcades.
If you're lucky, you are able to find somewhere within 30 minutes that has a couple machines.
I am now looking to buy my first machine. I have a 13 year old son that enjoys playing too. Was wondering, what are some of the decent machines for a newbie?

Thanks and keep playing!
Steve

#73 6 years ago

I was looking at around 2000 or less. Have some background with pc repair. I have been to Pinfest in Allentown a few years. I would really like pinbot, but unable to find.
I went and looked at an F14 Tomcat, and am going to look at a Jurassic Park. If I can swing both for under 3500, is this good? The F14 is 1400, works, but needs just a little work(light out, flipper sticks, missing spinner) .
Are both of these reliable machines? What are your thoughts? Thanks to everyone for their input.

#85 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice. Checked out a Jurassic Park pin tonight. It was in great condition. Owner was really awesome too. It's within the price range for a machine I wanted to spend of $2000. I'll know Friday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaws72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-for-a-newbie?tu=Jaws72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.