Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Ridiculous that Black Hole hasn't been mentioned yet. Beautiful game. Inverted lower playfield. 3 ball multiball. Speech. Infinity glass. Rotating backglass art.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Man, I'd love to find a Black Hole for $1000. You guys on the north-east coast get all the deals.

#52 4 years ago

You could land a very nice classic Stern for that price. Look around a bit and add a dose of patience and you might end up with two pretty decent player condition machines.

#53 4 years ago

Dont forget the early Ballys. Best value right now IMO. Especially Embryon and Flash Gordon. KILLER pins.

#54 4 years ago

I'd say a system 11 pin, but most can't be had readily for under 1000.00. Maybe a HS.

Don't dismiss a big guns or jokerz. Fun system 11s with a bad wrap for some reason. Probably could be found around 1000.

There are a few dmd that hover around 1000 too, like teed off (probably without topper) and cue ball wizard. Both tremendous deals at 1000.

#55 4 years ago

Embryon and you would have change left over.

#56 4 years ago

Anyone in Michigan have a 1k Earthshaker?

#57 4 years ago

Police Force for first pin. Will help build some skills and confidence. Then get a F-14 for the second pin. It will help to cut you back down to size.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Ridiculous that Black Hole hasn't been mentioned yet. Beautiful game. Inverted lower playfield. 3 ball multiball. Speech. Infinity glass. Rotating backglass art.

This is a horrible game to advise a first-timer to buy. A $1,000 Black Hole will likely be a maintainance nightmare.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Man, I'd love to find a Black Hole for $1000. You guys on the north-east coast get all the deals.

If Black Hole isn't a $1000 game where you live then neither are a lot of the other suggestions. I thought Taxi was more like $1500+, although I'm no expert.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a horrible game to advise a first-timer to buy. A $1,000 Black Hole will likely be a maintainance nightmare.

I know the game was initially a lemon in arcades, but I think by now most of them have had the ground mods done to them -- at which point they're pretty much bulletproof. I paid $1300 for mine 3 years ago and have had exactly zero problems. Most reliable game I own by a wide margin.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Anyone in Michigan have a 1k Earthshaker?

I'm trying to track another one down. I have a hint though. Don't look on the internet for one.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

A $1000 machine that needs a $400 MPU and $600 playfield is not a $1000 machine. You can easily get burned in this price range, so bring a friend.

I am selling one with none of these issues for $1200. I have mylar off, level inserts, waxed playfield and clean boards.

#63 4 years ago

I'll take two x $1k Earthshakers, one $1.5k Funhouse and a $2.5k TAF.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I paid 1200 for a Mr/Ms pac-man. Does that mean that now it's magically worth that much? I also want to point out that the first post says 1200, but the title of the thread says 1000.

Yes, I screwed up the title and didn't realize it until after I posted it. I forget how to edit thread titles, so I just let it fly. Basically he's looking for something in the $1000-$1200 range.

Thx to all for all the input

#65 4 years ago

game show

#66 4 years ago

This guy hit the nail on the head

#67 4 years ago

I would suggest that whatever he decides to buy in that price range should be working all the way. This kind of restriction limits his choices, but should make for a better overall experience. True cost of ownership can be much more than just the price of the game.

#68 4 years ago

PINBOT, nothing better at that price point.

#72 4 years ago

Oh my goodness I'd love to find a Space Invaders, much less one at a $1k price point.

#73 4 years ago

I'm thinking about selling my Space Invaders. Not sure what to price it at. Cabinet is scratched up and some play field wear. Full LED and plays perfectly. I'd say it's a 7/10 if 10/10 is HUO. Great game, but need to make space for a Jurrasic Park I want to buy.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'd say a system 11 pin, but most can't be had readily for under 1000.00. Maybe a HS.
Don't dismiss a Big Guns or jokerz. Fun system 11s with a bad wrap for some reason. Probably could be found around 1000.
There are a few dmd that hover around 1000 too, like Teed off (probably without topper) and Cue Ball Wizard. Both tremendous deals at 1000.

Tee'd Off is great value in that range if you can find it, but they are usually $1200-$1500 range. I know an operator who has 5 of them on location, and he doesn't want to sell any for less than $1500, probably because they still earn well for him. Jokerz may be OK for less than $1000, but it definitely has a bad rap for some reason. I still say Street Fighter 2 is the best bet all the way around. You get a modern game from 1993 with DMD, tons of shots, clear objectives, ramps, and lots of fun for the money. Glad I bought it.

#76 4 years ago

Firepower, Space Invaders and Black Knight.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

PINBOT, nothing better at that price point.

I know on the west coast, I would be very hard to find a pinbot at that price. That said, there are some system 11 pins that can be had at that price.

#78 4 years ago

I think it is a very personal chemistry type thing.

Don't go itching to buy. Go to have fun.

If you can see prepaying say .50 for 5 games for 365 days. Then that is your baby.

Pinball is a high maintence type of girl remember!

#79 4 years ago

Police Force, Atlantis, Jokerz, Firepower, Hollywood Heat. Most of the games mentioned are pretty tough to find for 1k or even 1.2k. You can get one of the good system 11's or system 80's but you'll have to scan craigslist all day in your area and drop everything to pick it up within the hour of it being posted.

If you can do board work, have a friend that can help, or know a tech that wont rip you off getting a project is an option and use pinside as a resource for restoration help.

EM's are also an option, you can buy 2 descent ones and enjoy! Good luck either way!

#80 4 years ago

Tons of great games at or under $1,000 .Depends on what you are looking for in a game to decide the best . I'd throw Paragon in the mix though .

#81 4 years ago

Great games I've bought for 1g or less
Beat the Clock (top of my list)
Embryon
Big Game
Devils Dare
High Speed
Dracula (Stern)
Vector
Sorcerer

#82 4 years ago

Bally Atlantis

That was my first pin, it played for 6 years without needing any maintenance

It's a fun game, sort of reminiscent of High Speed

Collectors seem to have interest in this Atlantis, you see it mentioned a lot more than other games in this price range

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Tee'd Off is great value in that range if you can find it, but they are usually $1200-$1500 range.

My friend just bought bouth those games for a $1,000 a piece. They need a little work but look good and play good

#84 4 years ago

Gave $800 bucks for my EATPM. Get him to look for a good offer, I'd advise him to get a game in a better state rather than a better one - less likely to be faulty and if it's his first pin he obviously lacks the know-how to fix it, so something durable is a much better option rather than looking for a specific game.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Great games I've bought for 1g or less
Beat the Clock (top of my list)
Embryon
Big Game
Devils Dare
High Speed
Dracula (Stern)
Vector
Sorcerer

Beat the clock very under rated game

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

The last three Eathshakers listed here by members: $2,300, $2,000, $2,800...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nice-earthshaker-2300-philly-area
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-earthshaker-2000-obo
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-earthshaker-in-beautiful-condition
Honestly, I wish you were even close to being right. I'd pay $1,500+ for a players Earthshaker today.

I just sold one on here for 1300-new led display-boards serviced. unshopped and gi connectors need re-done.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Agree it's a great game, just afraid to have a new pin owner enter the market with a machine that can be flaky. Might frustrate them and tun them away. A very solid black hole, at a show, will most likely go for $1500.

#88 4 years ago

If you can get closer to $1500, I think you open up your options. Pin shows are great places to buy a solid working machine, but you typically don't get a "deal". Look to pay fair market price.

#89 4 years ago

Got mine for $800. Did have a bad optic sensor that I replaced. Easy fix even for a newbie.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

You could land a very nice classic Stern for that price. Look around a bit and add a dose of patience and you might end up with two pretty decent player condition machines.

If your patient enough, could get two classic sterns for 1,000. Haha

#91 4 years ago

Have we asked if the buyer is willing to learn to fix his game? My first game didn't work at all and I loved learning how to fix it. Made me more confident in the next deals I made. And we all know this will not be the buyer's last pin.

#92 4 years ago

Can Pinside marketplace be searched by dollar ranges?

... and add my vote for Firepower. OP, I grew up in Murrysville - please stop by my KAHR.US Circuits booth at Allentown and say hello.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams 3-7 sound board solutions.

#93 4 years ago

My first (and currently only) pin is Hollywood Heat, which hasn't been mentioned yet. I paid $1000 Canadian for it (a little over $900 USD at the time of sale), which is actually a little more than most people would pay for that game, but then I bought it as a closeout from a distributor leaving the arcade gaming business and it was in decent (though not perfect) shape.

Hollywood Heat is a very simple and easy game with an unusual playfield layout and a gaudy Miami Vice styled theme, but also has some catchy retro synth music, an alphanumeric display, and a 3-ball multiball feature. It usually doesn't stick in people's collections, but it actually makes for a good "first" pin due to how little it goes for and how much you get for what you pay. In less than perfect shape they can be had for under $800, and even in perfect shape it's typically not much higher than $1000. : )

Of course, anyone planning to buy their first pin needs to have played a bunch of different ones so they have an idea of what kind of features they want out of their game. What kinds of features does your buddy want? We might be able to narrow down the selection for him. ; )

#94 4 years ago

What about heavy metal meltdown? What do those usually go for? Seems like an interesting enough game and has a 5 ball multiball I think.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

I just sold one on here for 1300-new led display-boards serviced. unshopped and gi connectors need re-done.

Wish I'd seen that listing... Again, I have $1,500+ for anyone who wants to sell me a decent Earthshaker.

#96 4 years ago

HS
Skateball
Meteor
Nineball

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You can't go wrong with any system 11. If you can get it for that $$

You could if you bought big guns.

#98 4 years ago

Big guns is a great call for a first game. If you have the height in your ceilings, I say that would be a solid first pin. Easy rules, kids love it, etc.

#99 4 years ago

Buddy just got a F14 Tomcat at our local show (Pinball at the Zoo) for just over 1K. Didn't have room in his car so I took it home for him. He may not get it back.

#100 4 years ago

I wish I liked Bug Guns. I tried to, I love Python, BG just gets old too fast for me. I dunno how good a first game it would be for that reason, that's obviously, like, just my opinion, man.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside