Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Benaar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20121009-00146.jpg
    IMG-20121009-00145.jpg
    IMG-20121009-00142.jpg
    IMG-20121009-00140.jpg

#1 11 years ago

A little background is that I consider myself average to just a bit below average when it comes to playing pinball. My high score before today was 41 million. I took a cruise home for lunch today and played a couple of rounds. Was alsmost late getting back to work as I had the game of my life and scored 101 million. I know this isn't all that great in the grand scheme of things but it more than doubled my best to date. Ironically enough I still did not beat Optimus, Megatron or Mudflaps and Skids. Got the rest of them though

So far, I've only beaten Optimus once so I need to practice on him incase I happen to have another game like this. I'm about 25% with megatron now.

#2 11 years ago

Dude!
    I am the same. Dont ask me about rules I just love playing it. Last week I had the same experience. Just made 100k plus. No idea what I beat but had a blast.

#3 11 years ago

it's a great game. multiball never ends. ball times are long......

#4 11 years ago

The mini playfield on the upper right side of the game makes TFLE a pooper.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

The mini playfield on the upper right side of the game makes TFLE a pooper.

Out of the box - yes.
    Mod'd and set up with no control gate - no, it is awesome!

#6 11 years ago

Me too...I had one of my better games on my pro this weekend...all I can say, is that when you get a little deep in the game...its a great light show, balls flying everywhere, no way to get control in a multiball.
    Still lovin that game! Looking forward to the update.

#7 11 years ago

Yestarday I was at the Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame and I got the top human score, didn't beat the defaults though, got 51 million. I love that game, you start doubling shots and you get bumblebee double scoring and you get megatron and it's amazing.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mod'd and set up with no control gate - no, it is awesome!

I have one on location and would love to know what you did to make yours awesome.

#9 11 years ago

Here we go again, another TFLE thread that will eventually turn into a TFLE sucks vs. TFLE is awesome thread.... queue Rarehero.

Congrats on your score, though. I have been able to beat all of the modes and the multiballs, but I still can't put it all together and finish a side. My high is around 90 or 100 mil.

#10 11 years ago

Oh and Eskaybee touting his gate removal mod... I see that has already happened.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Here we go again, another TFLE thread that will eventually turn into a TFLE sucks vs. TFLE is awesome thread.... queue Rarehero.

Some people just will not be content until they shit on every TF thread. Here you have someone excited about a great game they put up on a machine they own and people still have to be negative. Rarehero has voiced his opinion and made it well know, but doesn't keep bringing it up on every thread. He has every right to be upset because he pre-ordered with certain expectations that Stern published and did not keep. I would be pissed if I was in his position as well. I don't view him as a TF hater though because he put a ton of time on his machine and probably more then anyone I know, so I can respect that. He wanted to like it but in the end it just was not for him. Sad thing is some of the people who shit on TF never even owned one and just like to pile on.

#12 11 years ago

Bam! 105 mil tonight. Read all the shite before I bought, played it before I bought and made up my own mind. Loving it!

#13 11 years ago

Just got mine from Trent. Traded up from a Pro and I love it. I removed the control gate and has become one of my favs.

#14 11 years ago

Congrats on the score!!! My best is half of that which is 51 million.

#15 11 years ago

Yeah my score is stuck at about 54 million. I can easily beat Megatron, sometimes multiple times per game, but I haven't beat Optimus yet. So close. I'd say you played a great game.

#16 11 years ago

Here we go again, another TFLE thread that will eventually turn into a TFLE sucks vs. TFLE is awesome thread....

Nah, I don't necessarily think so. These threads are making me strongly considering buying this game. Could be the next Tron.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

A little background is that I consider myself average to just a bit below average when it comes to playing pinball. My high score before today was 41 million. I took a cruise home for lunch today and played a couple of rounds. Was alsmost late getting back to work as I had the game of my life and scored 101 million. I know this isn't all that great in the grand scheme of things but it more than doubled my best to date. Ironically enough I still did not beat Optimus, Megatron or Mudflaps and Skids. Got the rest of them though
    So far, I've only beaten Optimus once so I need to practice on him incase I happen to have another game like this. I'm about 25% with megatron now.

Awesome job! 101 MIL is a very good score-don't shortchange your accomplishment!

The "games of your life" often come when you really don't have the time for them

Keep it up and thanks for sharing!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Nice! Best I have been able to manage was 74k on version 1.2 on my LE. Its a very hard game!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Bam! 105 mil tonight. Read all the shite before I bought, played it before I bought and made up my own mind. Loving it!

Nice, sounds like we need to play some pinball at some point. Up until this game my highs was 41 million. All the stars aligned I guess as it seems like I couldn't miss. Played again a few games last night and it reminded me why I'm it's *itch as I only managed a high of 10 million in 3 games.

Going to make myself look silly now. Anyone else take 200 games to finally figure out that the autobot's and decepticon lights needed to get your multiplier don't work together? I thought I needed to light all 4 lights at the top or all 4 lights at the in-lanes to activate it. I finally figured out yesterday that you need to light all 4 autobot’s or all 4 decepticons (2 at the top and 2 at the in-lane) to activate it. Talk about a blonde moment

I tend to ignore the bashing of TF now. It's a simple fact that some hate this machine while others love it. I think that keeps things interesting. It would be nice if we could keep those comments to threads more along the line of, "what's your thought on ___." But heck, I bought this pin for me and not to be considered cool or in vogue. I figure that if I’m the only one that likes it then so be it as it is in fact mine and nobody can take my joy away. I just hope people play the machine to make their own opinion as this pin seems to have that love it or hate it following. I can think of several other pins just like this back in the 90’s where you couldn’t give them away in their early stages and are now pretty popular.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Going to make myself look silly now. Anyone else take 200 games to finally figure out that the autobot's and decepticon lights needed to get your multiplier don't work together? I thought I needed to light all 4 lights at the top or all 4 lights at the in-lanes to activate it. I finally figured out yesterday that you need to light all 4 autobot’s or all 4 decepticons (2 at the top and 2 at the in-lane) to activate it. Talk about a blonde moment

Actually, I didn't know this. Thank you.

#21 11 years ago

And it's not just lighting all four autos or decepticons that lights the doubler, it depends on which side you pick at the start. If you pick decepticons, then the top left lane and the left inlane and outlane will light your doubler, and vice versa if you pick autobots.

Quoted from eggbert52:

Nah, I don't necessarily think so. These threads are making me strongly considering buying this game. Could be the next Tron.

Indeed, it could become a "mega" Tron.

#22 11 years ago

As to not start another thread, question to the owners of both XM and TF. Which game do you find yourself playing the most?

I'm just trying to get a feel if Transformers is right for me.

I'd love to do a poll on this but I'll get barbequed.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

As to not start another thread, question to the owners of both XM and TF. Which game do you find yourself playing the most?

Wait until the new year since they will both have code updates in December. Xmen is only a few months old.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TF is awesome when dialed in just right. That said, I obviously play xmen more than TF because it's newer. Both games are very fun and design-wise different than each other. Software, however, they are very similar. While TF is more complete, the OP roadblock is an issue. For some reason, TF does not feel very repetitive to me except when I hit the roadblock.

Xmen on the other hand, feels very repetitive. Despite the amount of variety in the layout, each shot is the same thing every game you play it. There's no diversity in combos or modes. and villain modes just seem worthless to play. No real reward in playing villains.

Both games struggle in the software dept, but if i had to pick one in its CURRENT STATE, I'd go TFLE. Xmen can easily trump this choice with proper code and software.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TF is awesome when dialed in just right. That said, I obviously play xmen more than TF because it's newer. Both games are very fun and design-wise different than each other. Software, however, they are very similar. While TF is more complete, the OP roadblock is an issue. For some reason, TF does not feel very repetitive to me except when I hit the roadblock.
    Xmen on the other hand, feels very repetitive. Despite the amount of variety in the layout, each shot is the same thing every game you play it. There's no diversity in combos or modes. and villain modes just seem worthless to play. No real reward in playing villains.
    Both games struggle in the software dept, but if i had to pick one in its CURRENT STATE, I'd go TFLE. Xmen can easily trump this choice with proper code and software.

Nice, informative comment Eskaybee...thanks man. Hopefully others will benefit as well from your quote.

#26 11 years ago

I need both. They are so different. Xmen has so many specific shots that I need a break. TF I just go back and forth on the fan layout and try to make the super spinners go wild and the cool sounding pop bumpers make that metallic sound.
    The two make for a well balanced change of pace.

#27 11 years ago

I think you're right Hwawonyu. Right now, I've only got X-Men because I'm moving to a new place so no sense getting a bunch of machines until I move. I have a MB waiting for me when I get there but was just considering TF because lots of the good guys on here seem to like it.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The "games of your life" often come when you really don't have the time for them

So true!

#29 11 years ago

Reading this thread just got me super excited about my TFLE... The idea of eliminating the control gate on the iron hide playfield is so simple but sounds awesome - should really make you work harder to keep that ball up there to earn the extra ball. I personally go through a big swing on an emotional level with this pin - lately I've been absolutely loving it. It's only when I get stuck on Optimus being the only thing to beat that it feels a little monotonous. Otherwise, I think it's an incredible sound and light show with a fun rule set. My high is around 164 million with the default factory settings and that was an epic, really fun game (for me anyway) - the only game that I actually made it to Sentinel Prime so far out of about 150 plays. Looking forward to the next software update and other mod's people think of...

#30 11 years ago

I have nothing further to say about TF, other than helping people with tech questions.

I wasn't going to respond to this post but you had to inject me into it.

So....yeah, like I said..nothing further to say about TF...as for you, Mr.Gonefishin'...eat a bag of robodicks.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

TFLE

#32 11 years ago

I will say this about RH...he has softened his comments about tf and most are good points.

I think he will one day own another.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I will say this about RH...he has softened his comments about tf and most are good points.
    I think he will one day own another.

Never.

...but thank you for seeing that I'm not a troll, and if I'm critical about something I back it up with facts and experience. I would never hijack someone's post about having a good game. What could I gain by shitting on someone's fun? Anyway...back to the fun times, hopefully Gonefishin' won't ruin them again.

#34 11 years ago

Where are the details on removing the gate from the mini playfield? - First time I've read about this since I recently picked one up.

Scott

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Where are the details on removing the gate from the mini playfield? - First time I've read about this since I recently picked one up.
    Scott

A search will get you there.

#36 11 years ago

Found it - done with the mod - sweet

Scott

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Never.
    ...but thank you for seeing that I'm not a troll

Don't sell yourself short Rarehero...you're a tremendous troll.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Don't sell yourself short Rarehero...you're a tremendous troll.

Projection....

#39 11 years ago

I keep going back & forth on buying this game.

Congrats on the high score.

#40 11 years ago

I continue to enjoy TF -- Pro, not LE. Was dialed in today, coming up just short of finishing Cybertron MB. Had it down to just two shots left on the left orbit, with two balls on my right flipper. Tried to cradle separate, but popped the ball too far, and it went up and over the sling, and down the right outlane. Put up my highest score thus far of 394M. Played as Autobot.

Felt good to be in the zone on this game... Cleared Optimus MB on my second try. After Cybertron, going through Autobot modes, I played OpMB again, and smoked the SJP twice for a MB total of over 60M.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

I continue to enjoy TF -- Pro, not LE. Was dialed in today, coming up just short of finishing Cybertron MB. Had it down to just two shots left on the left orbit, with two balls on my right flipper. Tried to cradle separate, but popped the ball too far, and it went up and over the sling, and down the right outlane. Put up my highest score thus far of 397M. Played as Autobot.
    Felt good to be in the zone on this game... Cleared Optimus MB on my second try. After Cybertron, going through Autobot modes, I played OpMB again, and smoked the SJP twice for a MB total of over 60M.

Awesome Job! I agree you can get some nice SJP values, especially with the 3x roving and double scoring running concurrently.

(BTW I hate when that cradle separation-to outlane fiasco happens. I pictured exactly what you were saying and felt your pain. I can't count how many times I have done that on various games. I shake my head and say did I really just do that?)

#42 11 years ago

Some pics from the game, including a shot of what the Cybertron DMD looks like.

#1: Was down to just needing to complete Shockwave on ball 3.
    #2: Close up picture of Cybertron DMD.
    #3: Cybertron DMD with all the shot inserts lit up (must have caught the two that were still blinking on the left orbit in their ON position).
    #4: Final result.

IMG-20121009-00140.jpgIMG-20121009-00140.jpg IMG-20121009-00142.jpgIMG-20121009-00142.jpg IMG-20121009-00145.jpgIMG-20121009-00145.jpg IMG-20121009-00146.jpgIMG-20121009-00146.jpg

#43 11 years ago

Note to self - Don't play pinball with Snailman for $$$.

Awesome game!

#44 11 years ago

I love mine!
    Looking forward to the update but regardless mines not going anywhere any time soon.
    iam going to remove the control gate tonight and give that a try.

Bill

#45 11 years ago

Tf le is a great game period

#46 11 years ago

And so is tf pro
    Great game snailman

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

#4: Final result.

Nice game!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-ever-on-tfle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.