You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
photo_copy.JPG
photo.JPG
#1 10 years ago

At least for me on standard settings. General strategy was to use couch multiball to get Mystery Spot. MS for pretzel. Pretzel for MS. Repeat once more.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#2 10 years ago

What is the trick to get photos properly oriented on Pinside?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Doesn't matter, that score is banana's son!

#4 10 years ago

Nice score! How long was the game

#5 10 years ago

Its all good, if you click on the pic its normal. Great score there!

#6 10 years ago

Great score! Congrats

#7 10 years ago

Spent about an hour on the game. Almost too long for one game.

#8 10 years ago

Great Score!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Spent about an hour on the game. Almost too long for one game.

I got to superhero on SM last night, feeling about the same!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

At least for me on standard settings. General strategy was to use couch multiball to get Mystery Spot. MS for pretzel. Pretzel for MS. Repeat once more.

Wow. Way to crack off a monster game..congrats!

#11 10 years ago

How do you get the Pretzel?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How do you get the Pretzel?

27 orbits through the pops

#13 10 years ago

Nice job Lyonsden. That's definitely an impressive score. My longest game was about 45 minutes. I usually manage to get MS and AI together in the same game, but really had a hard time getting to Pretzel.

1 month later
#14 10 years ago

I had a fantastic game myself on Tuesday night. I had both AI and SMS ready and waiting to go and chose SMS first (not necessarily intentionally) but couldn't then start AI until SMS had finished. I then played AI, only managed 3 locks though; this was turning out to be a great first ball, got SMS again which led me to Pretzel, which was then a massive fail Only managed 2 SJs on Couch MB. Lit CBG's Secret stash but another fail. Finished with a score of 256m after nearly an hour (?) thinking how close I was to SDMEWM. Looking back I realise I was miles away from getting near it.
Maybe there should be NQBNSDMEWM?

#15 10 years ago

beginners luck lol.......nah nice score!

#16 10 years ago

How many extra balls?

#17 10 years ago

how many balls in general and how many buy back ins

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 10 years ago

Darn , thought this was going to be another thread about Hollywood Heat . Tittle a little misleading "Best game ever " I just automatically assume everyone is referring to Hollywood Heat when they use this phrase .

#19 10 years ago

Great game...... great score

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

I got to superhero on SM last night, feeling about the same!

Congrats on SH, not an easy task!

#21 10 years ago

My best is only 260mill on my buddies game. Never got pretzel yet, but I did get TV wiz twice in the same game...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

beginners luck lol.......nah nice score!

I'm thinking so -- closest I've come to that again was 390M (and I probably play it too much -- if there is such a thing.)

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Looking back I realise I was miles away from getting near it.
Maybe there should be NQBNSDMEWM

Not Quite Being Near . . .?

#24 10 years ago

haha well I'd take 390million......

#25 10 years ago

Game is set on easy now, and had an epic fist ball (2 extra balls). Quick drain on the second, and didn't get quite enough on the third (one extra ball) to hit 500M. Overall, I like playing the machine on easy -- makes getting to the various MB much faster and don't feel like you are grinding through the game. The first ball was 35 minutes. My wife was playing the second two players and got very tired of waiting for her turn.

photo_copy.JPGphoto_copy.JPG photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#26 10 years ago

WOW!!!!!!

Haven't even cracked the 100M mark yet on mine!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Take them in landscape. Portrait shots tend to get flipped ... at least in my experience.

#28 10 years ago

Pinside doesn't detect the orientation flag, so if you want thumbnails rotated correctly you'll have to do it yourself in a photo app so that the photo is natively portrait before you upload.

Also, clicking on a full-sized photo will only auto-rotate if you're on an Apple, or using Chrome. It doesn't work on Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera (at least not the versions I just tried).

1 week later
#29 10 years ago

Not Quite But Nearly, was my thinking

#30 10 years ago

Not in the same league however I was playing ToM at a kinda local fish/chip/chicken shop and just as I plunge the first ball a woman my age(mid thirties) and her daughter come in and order minimum chips. I hit the x2bonus skill shot and the girl asks her mum if she can stand on a chair and watch "the game", mum/milf(for a Ginger) says yes as if the man says it's ok. I nod because I'm starting to get in the zone as I've just triggered multi ball but also because I read one time in a magazine at a doctors waiting room that women like a mysterious stranger.

Boom head shot straight off the bat like the babe I called it(in my head at least ) 100 million jackpot, balls everywhere except the outlanes and down the guts. Manage to reopen and hit the jackpot two more times before a simuldrainious to end multi ball. At this stage the sweet kid tells her more that the key to "the game" is to hit the buttons which move the sticks that hit the balls. Mum/milf then begins to retell stories of her youth when as a girl no older then 11 she would beat her sister and her friends which left them none to pleased.

One ear listening to tales of memory lane but both eyes in the game I x6 times my bonus, get an extra ball, land theatre hurry up and various illusions none of which I care that much for other than tiger saw because it's the nuts.

#31 10 years ago

I miss the centre/left ramp to open the trap door and get a down the guts drain. My score stands at a bill with over 300 mill in Bonuses and on queue as in any good/bad/indifferent after school special the minimum chips are ready and the foxxy mum and her daughter depart. I play out ball 1b, 2 and 3 to around 1.4 bill which gives leaves me one short of grand champion.

Top top game by my standards anyway but would have been nice to give the kid a credit, the look on her face when she came in and saw something that towered over her ps2/3 was magic(pun intended).

Moral of the story is that pinball isn't dead to the kids, they just dont know that's its alive.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Moral of the story is that pinball isn't dead to the kids, they just dont know that's its alive.

Excellent story and this part is very, very true. Hopefully more kids will discover the fun of pinball.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Pinside doesn't detect the orientation flag, so if you want thumbnails rotated correctly you'll have to do it yourself in a photo app so that the photo is natively portrait before you upload.

Isn't this something new (I never had a problem loading pics on PS till recently...true or coincidence)?

TIA.

#34 10 years ago

NIIIIICE!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

I nod because I'm starting to get in the zone as I've just triggered multi ball but also because I read one time in a magazine at a doctors waiting room that women like a mysterious stranger.

Best line ever.

Would have been a much better had you hit the high score, scored the Ginger's digits, and high-fived the kid.

Change up the story for future tellings!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-game-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.