8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tdiddy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Anyone have a link to the best damn frisket. Mine keep bleeding around the edges and is driving me completely nuts.

#2 8 years ago

what have you been using?

#3 8 years ago

I tried two different kinds but looking for the Ferrari kind.

#4 8 years ago

I have good luck with this Grafix product in 9" x 12" sheets. I prefer the matte finish, but gloss works decent too, it's just harder to see when applied: http://www.dickblick.com/products/grafix-all-purpose-frisket-film/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=25205-1033&gclid=Cj0KEQjw04qvBRC6vfKG2Pi0_8gBEiQAAJq0vXPYOSuv_ofQIbvZbpmOE9Z6rY49tNCJNAm6PpPbQOwaAn4B8P8HAQ

Oddly, these guys make this frisket on a roll, but the adhesive is somehow different and often wants to stick to the substrate (most often a pinball cabinet) in areas when I go to pull it, where as the 9" x 12" sheets do not. It sucks to have to go back and remove adhesive from in between delicate airbrush work, so I no longer use the frisket on the rolls.

I also like to use yellow Frog Tape for delicate surfaces for doing areas of long straight lines so I don't waste frisket. The Frog Tape has really good edge block properties that stops bleeding.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have good luck with this Grafix product in 9" x 12" sheets. I prefer the matte finish, but gloss works decent too, it's just harder to see when applied: http://www.dickblick.com/products/grafix-all-purpose-frisket-film/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=25205-1033&gclid=Cj0KEQjw04qvBRC6vfKG2Pi0_8gBEiQAAJq0vXPYOSuv_ofQIbvZbpmOE9Z6rY49tNCJNAm6PpPbQOwaAn4B8P8HAQ
    Oddly, these guys make this frisket on a roll, but the adhesive is somehow different and often wants to stick to the substrate (most often a pinball cabinet) in areas when I go to pull it, where as the 9" x 12" sheets do not. It sucks to have to go back and remove adhesive from in between delicate airbrush work, so I no longer use the frisket on the rolls.
    I also like to use yellow Frog Tape for delicate surfaces for doing areas of long straight lines so I don't waste frisket. The Frog Tape has really good edge block properties that stops bleeding.

I use that stuff, but in roll form

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

I use that stuff, but in roll form

Does it leave behind pieces of adhesive when you pull it? Maybe I got a bad roll...

#7 8 years ago

I've had that problem if you heat set your paint and you try to remove it before it cools. I've started to mask the area off then use the frisket on top of that so only the edge of the friskey is touching the board.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-frisket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.