1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by fantomas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

What would be the best CPU & equipment choice to create a homebrew based off of a Classic Stern pinball like Galaxy, Meteor, Lightning, etc. I am out of my element here and looking for some guidance and wisdom. Thank you.

#2 1 year ago

For mpu either use an original mpu200 or a weebly. Weebly has the same dip switch settings for all of the classic Sterns and early Bally pins that Alltek has, but also has a port to add a chip with custom roms. Alltek only lets you run stock code with dip switch settings.

Weebly is also $167 delivered and Alltek is $212 plus postage.

#3 1 year ago

If an arduino can communicate with FAST via serial then I'd say if you go alltek then you can make or buy an adapter that plugs right into the mpu. Check out all the 2021 code threads for classic bally games like stern and meteor etc.

Has anyone done arduino or a pi to the FAST controller?

#4 1 year ago

Are you planning on taking an existing game / wiring and trying to interface with it?
    Or are you taking an existing game and going to redo the wiring from scratch?
    Or are you trying to design a game similar to a classic stern from the ground up?

Each one has a slightly different answer depending on your approach.

4 months later
    #5 9 months ago

monkeybug I am looking to make a completely new software and theme running on an old classic Stern game. I want to replace lighting with LEDs, have more modern rules, etc but in general have a retro style vibe with it. When I have it perfected I will redo playfield art and cabinet. But want to work on rules/software/sound first.

Thank you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.