(Topic ID: 3808)

Best for under $2K

By NickBuffaloPinball

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dracula.jpg
    MSF.jpg
    BSD-New_Frosted_Blue_Led_s_.jpg
    Wereystyle.jpeg
    #1 12 years ago

I'm fantasizing about what pin #2 for me will be, even though I won't be in the market again for close to a year.

I'm open to suggestions on what a good second pin for under $2K would be. I have an IM, so I'm looking for a game that has depth and longer ball times to compliment IM's short ball times and lack of deep modes.

What game comes to mind that's a keeper and relatively easy to maintain?

#2 12 years ago

Frankenstein is a pretty sweet game that you can get for a really good price. Only upkeep I have heard of is Frankenstein's arm. I thought ball time was pretty decent and I like how it looks and sounds. HS2 is a pretty fun pin with decent ball times but I've heard it can get repetitive. WCS is a pretty cool game with good ball time but may have to put in some effort there on maintenance. TS and JM are also pretty great pins at a good price. For JM the hand does have issues that need to be fixed after a while.

For other ideas check out the bang for your buck section here on pinside it is a nice place to see some great more affordable pins. http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

#3 12 years ago

The Shadow. Best pin with depth for under 2k

#4 12 years ago

So a cheap & deep that you'll keep? Got it.

#5 12 years ago

+1 on the shadow. Great player for the value

#6 12 years ago

As TDA already pointed out, you should definitely check out the "Bang for your Buck" list. It's a great resource, and all of the pins that have already been mentioned in this thread are high up on that list.

#7 12 years ago

TFTC is a great pin for the price, has goodball times, and will allow you to put a little green back in your pocket to boot!!! I've had it on location for 3 months, with great game play, only maintenance has been change a few bulbs. I believe the secret to low maintenance is regular cleaning. I keep my machines clean(weekly clean/wax PF).

#8 12 years ago

BSD!!!!

Wereystyle.jpegWereystyle.jpeg

#9 12 years ago

BSD is a very good game but not sure you could call it a deep game. A very tough shooters game but not that deep.

#10 12 years ago

I know Smassa...
    I just wanted to post the pic!
    Frankenstein gets my vote.
    But BSD should be owned at least once- by everyone!

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

And a very good pic it is...(=

#12 12 years ago

JD,Wirl Wind,White Water,Getaway 2,RS,Elvira and the Party Monsters,JM,NF

#13 12 years ago

I agree with practically every game mentioned, but to bring up some new ones:
    Gottlieb Haunted House, Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard, Fish Tales, Indy 500, Dr. Who, Who Dunnit, TMNT and a whole lot of other quality Data East games, and practically every Sega game fits price wise with MSF and Apollo 13 being a lot of fun IMO. And if you want way under $2K Swords of Fury

#14 12 years ago

Demolition Man, GoldenEye, Road Show, T2

#15 12 years ago

I agree with eabundy Demo man is a great pin for the money. Also look at Judge Dredd and Johnny Mnemonic. You can sometimes get both of them for under 2 grand. It is just tough to look at Keanu Reeves. At least Demo man has Sandra Bullock.

#16 12 years ago

BOP is a great pin that can be had for close to 1000$.

#17 12 years ago

I know Smassa...
    Frankenstein gets my vote.
    But BSD should be owned at least once- by everyone!

I 3rd the Vote for BSD !!!!!!!!!!! ( MHO ) MSF ,. will get Old Quickly !!! BoP is Cool too.

BSD-New_Frosted_Blue_Led_s_.jpgBSD-New_Frosted_Blue_Led_s_.jpg MSF.jpgMSF.jpg

#18 12 years ago

damn B-R your Dracula looks nasty

#19 12 years ago

BSD!

dracula.jpgdracula.jpg

#20 12 years ago

I agree BSD is a classic but he is asking for a game with long ball times. I would not necessarily put BSD in that category. Part of its fun is that it is so challenging with sometimes very short ball times.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree BSD is a classic but he is asking for a game with long ball times. I would not necessarily put BSD in that category. Part of its fun is that it is so challenging with sometimes very short ball times.

Yea, it's tempting for me to pick up BSD, but that wouldn't compliment my IM, as I want a game with longer ball times. Maybe once I have 2 pins in my collection, i'll pick up BSD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-for-under-2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.