Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flo.png
#1 6 years ago

Of the games built in the past 5 years or so, which one in your opinion, has the best shot flow? Games with solid ramp shots and playfields that don’t chop it up?

Thanks!

#3 6 years ago

I like the flow of Star Trek a lot. The left and right ramps are smooth and the warp ramp is one of my favorite shots in pinball.

#4 6 years ago

I haven't played Star Wars, but I absolutely love the flow on my Star Trek pro. Smooth as butter.

If budget is no object, Dialed In flows beautifully and is an outstanding game.

#5 6 years ago

Stern Star Trek and TWD.

#6 6 years ago

Star Trek is so smooth and easy shooting.

Dialed In I feel like only the ramps really flow that well

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Star Wars, easily.

Wait, really? I can barely hit a combo on mine

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Star Trek is so smooth and easy shooting.
Dialed In I feel like only the ramps really flow that well

Wait, really? I can barely hit a combo on mine

Even the flowiest game on earth will need help from the player.

#8 6 years ago

I use the left ramp/right ramp/left loop/side ramp combo on DI a _lot_. Very smooth.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I use the left ramp/right ramp/left loop/side ramp combo on DI a lot_. Very smooth.

Agree love the flow on Dialed in my favorite shot is what you think is the right orbit but is really the right ramp. Can’t remember another game that has done that before.

#10 6 years ago

GOT PRO

#12 6 years ago

Batman 66

#14 6 years ago

so, um, no?

#15 6 years ago

Iron man VE was made in the last 5 years and i find it has a lot of flow

#16 6 years ago

If flow is what you are looking for, go for the King of flow... Steve Richie. Most of his games, including the most recent ones, would fit that bill. Ranking them is a question of personal taste, ruleset and interest for the theme. Star trek has my preference with GoT as a close second... I must confess GoT is now a bit too fast for me... getting old

I love Dialed in (it's a superb layout and a game I would love to own) but if I had to make a choice based on flow only, I would choose Star Trek.

#17 6 years ago

i love hitting left ramp, right ramp, left orbit, warp ramp, warp ramp, warp ramp until i blow it on Star Trek

#18 6 years ago

GOT pro
SW pro

Mic drop

#19 6 years ago

I wish JJP games had some more flow in games, his DI game has the most out of all the ones built so far by JJP but nothing like a Star Trek feel from Stern.

#20 6 years ago

Idk know if the vaults count, but my SM is an ultimate flow machine for me (guessing the VE plays the same).

#21 6 years ago

I LOVE TWD but flowy it is not. There is only one combo per side and 2/5 shots end up in the pops. I will admit the tunnel>arena combo is sexy though.

#22 6 years ago

X-Men is an underrated flow game. It's a great one to get in the zone with, switch off and play by instinct.

#23 6 years ago

Di flows great when u get it going

#24 6 years ago

Flo said the best flow with the least amount of stop and go and speed are....

1. Stern Rolling Stones with wide ramp entrances and ceramic powerball
2. Stern Star Trek
3. Stern Star Wars

Others...Tron, T3, No Fear, X-Men, Iron Man

Flo.pngFlo.png

#25 6 years ago

Star Trek Pro, like said before , "smooth as butter ". And seems to be built well, have had no issues that I remember. warp ramp is the one shot my wife just can't figure out, so I show off in front of her and make her think I'm the pinball God with my warp 9.2 or more games

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

warp ramp is the one shot my wife just can't figure out, so I show off in front of her and make her think I'm the pinball God with my warp 9.2 or more games

Lol. If only my wife would admire my pinball skills...

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Iron man VE was made in the last 5 years and i find it has a lot of flow

More fight than flow!

#28 6 years ago

I love Tron as well for flow.

#29 6 years ago

Dialed In for me

#30 6 years ago

GOT Pro and SW LE for sure

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

More fight than flow!

Have to agree here. Both IMVE and Tron flow, but are brutal in the process.....pleasure and pain...hmm!?!

2 months later
#32 5 years ago

Wanted to post in this thread about Dialed In. I got an LE about 2 weeks ago and this game easily has the best flow I've ever seen in a modern pin, possibly any pin. I own a Star Wars LE and while it is a high flow game its a fan layout with left and right ramps that regardless of the game will always offer fast gameplay. Dialed In is anything but a fan layout and offers a high flow gameplay experience due to its unique shots and the combos that build off of them.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wanted to post in this thread about Dialed In. I got an LE about 2 weeks ago and this game easily has the best flow I've ever seen in a modern pin, possibly any pin. I own a Star Wars LE and while it is a high flow game its a fan layout with left and right ramps that regardless of the game will always offer fast gameplay. Dialed In is anything but a fan layout and offers a high flow gameplay experience due to its unique shots and the combos that build off of them.

Agreed. I got a DI LE last week and it's so fun to shoot. The flow and the combos on DI are hard to beat. So smooth.

#34 5 years ago

Star Trek for sure, with GoT and Spider-Man right behind. Star Wars has shots that are a bit tighter, so harder to get in the flow, but it's definitely there if you can hit them. ST and GoT are much more forgiving making the flow easier. SM has great flow, but stops the ball a bit more often with the locks, Oct, Sandman. Can't go wrong with any of these four if you like flow though.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Star Trek for sure, with GoT and Spider-Man right behind. Star Wars has shots that are a bit tighter, so harder to get in the flow, but it's definitely there if you can hit them. ST and GoT are much more forgiving making the flow easier. SM has great flow, but stops the ball a bit more often with the locks, Oct, Sandman. Can't go wrong with any of these four if you like flow though.

Also, it wouldn't be a popular opinion, but Avengers has some great flow if you can hit the tight shots. When you are on, you can do some crazy flowing combos on an LE with the controllable crossover ramp diverter. I once hit Cap to Hawkeye (cross left) to Widow to IM and into Hulk. All five Avengers in one combo. It felt great. Of course with how tight all those shots are that isn't something that happens often. Just looping BW a few times feels pretty awesome though. I do still miss that game sometimes...wish I could keep them all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
$ 21.50
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-flow-newer-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.