• Latest reply 10 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am looking for recommendations for a machine a teenage daughter might enjoy in the $1500 to $2500 price range. With limited exposure, she seems to like World Cup 1994 and Junkyard. I am partial to games with multiple flippers and drop targets (had a Solar City previously) so interested in any suggestions for both of us. Others we have looked at are Nascar, Secret Service, Back to the Future, and Harley Davidson. Appreciate any advice.

#2 10 years ago

world cup is a good family theme that fits into your price range. I personally like nascar. it has a bank of drop targets.
im a big fan of them also. there are many games out there that would fit into your budget and are family friendly. if you post your location im sure pinheads local to you would offer up the opportunity to come and play their games. there may be a gem you have not played yet that will fit your want list perfectly.

#3 10 years ago

Junk Yard is fun, easy to understand, and easy to feel like you're having a good game (even my mom can get multiball on it which says a lot). It might not appeal to a teenage girl much though as the theme is more on the masculine, smashing-stuff side, but it's a good, safe family game overall.

How about Congo?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

I am looking for recommendations for a machine a teenage daughter might enjoy in the $1500 to $2500 price range. With limited exposure, she seems to like World Cup 1994 and Junkyard. I am partial to games with multiple flippers and drop targets (had a Solar City previously) so interested in any suggestions for both of us. Others we have looked at are Nascar, Secret Service, Back to the Future, and Harley Davidson. Appreciate any advice.

Stargazer......Crazy stars....

I think the best family pin seriously is: Stern Stingray. The game is great and kids are gravitated too it.

#5 10 years ago

Cyclone is just a fun machine that anyone can enjoy. I have never seen anyone not like it that has played it. Of course does not fit the multiple flipper and drop target though, but sure she would like it.

#6 10 years ago

Comet is the one!

#7 10 years ago

Agree with WCS94

#8 10 years ago

Monopoly

#9 10 years ago

Harley Davidson gets old very quickly

#10 10 years ago

POTC is a solid choice.

#11 10 years ago

Road show is another one in your price range. Deep, fun and unique.

#12 10 years ago

Bugs Bunny or Popeye?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

POTC is a solid choice.

I was going to agree but that's $$

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Bugs Bunny or Popeye?

he is asking for something fun.

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for the input. Located in St. Louis area so interested in anything in that area that would be good for a teenager. Leaning towards World Cup Soccer if I can find one. Heard some negatives on Nascar but still interested there. Personal fan of Secret Service on the lower end of my price range. Open to more ideas or any of the above that are shippable or within a 5-6 hour drive.

#16 10 years ago

Flintstones, JP, Road Show.

#17 10 years ago

If you guys are at all into Dr. Who this is a great game for both beginners and the more skilled

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Thanks for the input. Located in St. Louis area so interested in anything in that area that would be good for a teenager. Leaning towards World Cup Soccer if I can find one. Heard some negatives on Nascar but still interested there. Personal fan of Secret Service on the lower end of my price range. Open to more ideas or any of the above that are shippable or within a 5-6 hour drive.

we had high speed and secret service in our game room when I was in the navy. I played them both a lot. secret service is a fun game that can be had for cheap.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Head over to CP tomorrow afternoon and put some time on a few machines. I have no doubt it will help you narrow the field a bit.

www.cppinball.com

#20 10 years ago

If she likes soccer Word Cup 94 is great for teens and younger kids. We've got Data East Hook with Leds that everyone likes to play.

#21 10 years ago

Pinbot, Monopoly, Whirlwind, Elvira, Roller Coaster Tycoon

#22 10 years ago

Can can confirm Cyclone and WCS94 are big hits with the whole family. If I had to chose, I'd pick WCS94 all day.

#23 10 years ago

I think pretty much everything designed by Pat Lawlor is family friendly and many are in your price range. Taxi and Diner are a couple others that haven't been mentioned that are family friendly and a ton of fun. I will also add another thumbs up for WCS94 and Cyclone, and a thumbs down for Junkard and Harley Davidson.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

I think pretty much everything designed by Pat Lawlor is family friendly and many are in your price range.

How about a Ripley's?

#25 10 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle

#26 10 years ago

Monday Night Football is a great one to add.

#27 10 years ago

+1 to Flintstones, Whirlwind and RS.
Elvira is cool. Dr Who is very good game.
WCS94 is fine too... if she likes soccer.

Let me add a few suggestions:
- Wheel of fortune, if you can find this game in your price range (?). Underrated recent Stern, with lots of thing to do - assuming she is not allergic to the theme...
- The Gateaway and No Fear may appeal to a teenager boy, unsure for her.
- You may also consider oddities such as a good Zaccaria : Pinball Champ has drop targets, upper transparent PF... but no multi ball.

#28 10 years ago

Monopoly

#29 10 years ago

Jurassic Park

#30 10 years ago

For Williams/Bally games, WCS and RS are safe bets, also JY and Flintstones, but all of these games are in the $2000-2500 range.

Better deals are with the Data East games, $1200-2000 range: Rocky & Bullwinkle, LAH, JP.

#31 10 years ago

I've had 30-some odd pins through my place and Maverick (drop targets galore) was easily the most played by my wife and son, followed by distantly by LOTR. The only two games my daughter has ever liked were Who Dunnit (which my son also liked) and WCS94 (which neither my wife or son liked).

#32 10 years ago

If you looking for something really cheap. (atleast here in europe) most kids love Super Mario pinball.

#33 10 years ago

I owned a Secret Service for 5 years and lots of people enjoyed playing it. Currently own a Cyclone and it is also loved by all. Good luck on your search.

#34 10 years ago

RS, JY, JP, DW, WH2O, NF, RFM, LAH!

#35 10 years ago

WCS is great. Taxi is an awesome pin, great theme, easy to understand and looks great. Diner for that matter too. Mousin Around is one my family loved, wish I wouldnt have sold it. Lots of great games out there for that price range..

#36 10 years ago

Taxi, roadshow, and flintstones are the favorites around here. Little boys love fast break !

#37 10 years ago

As someone already mentioned head over to CP Pinball to help with your decision. You won't be disappointed.

Also this is amazing. Do this if at all possible.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/annual-keller-pinball-bash-january-4-2014-5pm-#post-1290075

It's an open invite, and it is a blast. I didn't really know anybody when I went last year so don't worry about that. Everyone is very friendly.

You're also welcome to come over to my place sometime to play some of the games mentioned here. Road Show, Whirlwind, Congo, Earthshaker, Taxi, and I'll throw Demolition Man into the mix. I'm not really thinking of selling right now, but you never know. Just shoot me a PM.

#38 10 years ago

Would this work? Directly from sterns website.

"The AC/DC Luci Premium game continues both the Stern Pinball and the Stern family tradition of producing quality pinball machines for YOUNG and old."

1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg1471938_10152049462504244_171612381_n.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-family-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.