View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Well, I was going to wait to do a rebuild for as long as I could but it seems they needed it more than I knew. Last night after my highest score yet on SOF (with my weak left flipper) I wanted to take the glass off and do a lil rubbing on the playfield. Not sure if I made a huge mistake by lifting the right flipper but I did. Well, shortly after that it started sticking in the up position, so I looked it up on here and one if the suggestions was may be a weak/bad connection.i lifted the PF up to have a look and as I went to grab the little contacts it broke off in my hand
Long story short, any of you guys own this game and if so have you found a good replacement set of flippers? I don't know the best place to buy that will include all I need since I have never owned but this one pin and with that being said, never done a rebuild. Can somebody who had replaced or simply upgraded, let me know what the best compatible flipper replacements are and where to get them? I have done a few searches and came up with results but not any reviews. I don't want to buy a set of cheap-o's from eBay. I'm sure peeps throw many piles of junk on there.
Thanks
-MMZ

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

have a look at these
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15849L

i just bought a set from them for my BK and was expecting them to be all chinese knock-off, but i cannot find a china marking anywhere, the coils are marked made in italy, and the bell crank, and bat bushing both have the williams stamp on them. i was expecting to have to use them as parts to refurb my old ones , but im impressed.

#4 11 years ago

Dang 50.00 for one side:/ I thought u could get a set for that. Haha. I guess as long as its good quality.

#5 11 years ago

99% of people would rebuild the flippers, not just bolt on a whole replacement...

Try Pinballlife.com for rebuild kit..

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=172&pg=1

#6 11 years ago

I just noticed too that this piece(capacitor)wasn't even on anymore.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Yeah I went to the links, For some reason it doesn't list swords of fury in the games listed for those parts. It does say 1988 though on 2 different ones. Hmmm

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Oh shoot sorry it does say SOF too on one of them. I'm a dumb a$$. I was looking as if the list was alphabetized. So what you guys think? Replace it all or rebuild. I agree, I'd like to rebuild. not sure though with the missing capacitor and all. These look like the original flipper kits.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 11 years ago

First thing I do with a new to me game is rebuild the flippers, they are the "heart" of the game. The kit comes with new caps..

It's super easy, but maybe read through vid's guide if you've never done it for some tips and tricks...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#11 11 years ago

my brackets were all mangled , and re drilled and just wore out. the extra $10-15 for a new coil and same for new bracket and fully assmebled unit just made more scence than tapping, and drilling, or welding and re-tapping also as i get this machine back together and play it for a week to have a 35 yo coil decide to pack it in and start tearing things apart again.

#12 11 years ago

I ordered my rebuild kit, for the SOF that's on it's way to me, from Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WFLKIT

The shipping would have been terrible if it wasn't a large order with lots of odds and ends that nobody else seems to carry, but yeah, seems to me that most of the rebuild kits are pretty much the same, with some of them shipped with the stronger coils.

I recommend that if you are ordering the stuff to rebuild the lower set of flippers, you might as well do the uppers as well and get it all taken care of at the same time. You will eventually end up doing it, so you might as well do it all at once.

#13 11 years ago

So if I order a full assembled kit for 40.00 a pop ill have 80.00 in it. But if I just order rebuild kit for 25.00 and add a couple of capacitors11.00 each it'd pretty much be the sme thing for half the price right?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

So if I order a full assembled kit for 40.00 a pop ill have 80.00 in it. But if I just order rebuild kit for 25.00 and add a couple of capacitors11.00 each it'd pretty much be the sme thing for half the price right?

coil, flipper bushing and main body , i would add the bushings for .85 each.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7568

#15 11 years ago

those caps aren't HUGELY important, they just keep the sparking down.

#16 11 years ago

I always just replace the entire assembly these days. Much easier to do, and the whole assembly will be completely clean. $40 is a small price to pay to have a good flipper for years to come.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I always just replace the entire assembly these days. Much easier to do, and the whole assembly will be completely clean. $40 is a small price to pay to have a good flipper for years to come.

You 1%'er you!!!! Even if my bracket wasn't marred I still would have bought complete ( my other 3 are fine)

#18 11 years ago

Well maybe more people do just replace the whole thing. Although from my experience only a few of the parts are usually worn, and coils don't really go bad as it's just a bunch of wire...

Do whatever you want...just friendly advice...

From the 99%'er

#19 11 years ago

Haha, so if I buy a rebuild kit from pinball life all I need is the kit, and what else to complete it. I heard I would need eos switches because the ones in the kits weren't that good

#20 11 years ago

What's wrong with the switches that Pinballlife has?? Never heard that before myself...

#21 11 years ago

I'm not sure, I just heard they weren't strong enough? Ill just get those though I'm so bummed my baby is down with a broke flipper Haha. Oh well it prob needs a rest. I been playing it for 3 weeks now. Prob put over 100 plays between me n my daughter n bro. Time to make it work and clean it up. I did put one color changing led behind the ramp. I love it. Haha.
Hopefully ill get it done in the next week. I'm going to order a rebuild kit tonight... Right now
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions! Pinside rules!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 11 years ago

If you get the kit meant for this game, the switches it comes with are fine. If you get the WPC kit to upgrade to the newer style flipper springs then the switches will have gold contacts, and you will need the older tungsten contact switches. It's all in Vid's thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-f-l-i-p-p-e-r-s-for-williamsswords-of-fury and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.