(Topic ID: 171319)

Best Expo EVER! (the only positive things to say club)

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1435 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1298 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1330 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1089 (resized).JPG
    tattoo game (resized).jpg
    pabst (resized).jpg
    flipnout1.jpg
    flipnout2.jpg
    IMG_5151 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5147 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3030 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3029 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3011 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2914 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have been vocal about things in the past concerning expo, but I also liek to give credit where credit is due.
    2016 was the BEST expo ever! (well maybe not ever but for the past 5 years since I have been going)

I wanted to share only positives so please take your comments to other thread if they dont fall into this category.

Things I loved about Expo this year (in no particular order):

1. Free play room! Great selection and condition of games! Thanks to all that brought games and APB and voulenteers that set things up! I really enjoyed the Spirit, Tatio games, row of Sinbads, and of course the regular games from Chris and Phoebee!

2. Expo tourney. I like the new format and cool playoff style. I did not play in this but appears like most enjoy it and had fun.

3. P-Roc and FAST games! Thanks to all that make these and bring them for us to play. I particularly liked the Buffy, Total Analnation, and Nightmare games! Super fun!

4. Aliens. Thanks to Heighway crew. I really enjoyed playing this game and am looking forward to it as things progress! I think you knocked this license out of the park. The shots flow nicely and what I could tell the code is going to be very cool!

5. Dialed In! WOW! Best JJP game and best Pat Lawlor game to date! I love the storyline, theme, art, layout, flow, geometry, new way you have taken pinball. I could go on and on. Already looking forward to the next time I get to play this and seeing things develop. I have dreamt for years about the next Pat L pin and to have it come form JJP and also have an expert engineeringa dncoding team bhind it is very eciting!

#2 7 years ago

6. The people!

So many great faces and familiar folks. The ability to hang with friends, make new friends, and also be able to freely talk with pinball legends and team members is fantastic. I was able to geek out with Pat L as he showed me some of the intricate design features of Dialed In. I was able to tell Dwight thanks for the awesom GB code and talk about tweaks for the future. I was able to chat with industry insiders and just be a pinball dork in general and on level with them. Pretty cool experience!

#3 7 years ago

7. The Expo Pictures thread. Best thread on Pinside over the expo weekend. Started by the great DOUG. Just a fun time by pinheads at the show having fun with each other and not taking anything too serious. It is only pinball afterall.

#6 7 years ago

8. Pizza

Why not! The Pizza that JJP provided was GREAT! I am typically not a fan of deep dish, but WOW that was some good pie!

#28 7 years ago

glad you enjoyed the beer Aurich.

AltBrew won silver at the GABT for a reason

If you are ever in Madison area, let me know and we can stop by to play some pinball and have some gluten free beer, pizza, and tasty nachos.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

OK, what have you done with Hilton!!!!

It is never too late to try and improve on ourselves old man Kelly

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-expo-ever-the-only-positive-things-to-say-club?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.