Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mattyk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Era for Pinball Rule Design?”

• EM 6 votes
      6%
    • Early SS 8 votes
      7%
    • System 11 7 votes
      7%
    • 90's DMD 37 votes
      35%
    • Modern 49 votes
      46%

(107 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7389 (resized).JPG
    rules (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

I recently picked up a Stern PoTC and thought that one has rules that are in the sweet spot: not too simple, not too deep. The rules card is amusingly vague, but it reflects that you can learn the game by playing it. I appreciate that in a game. But I can also appreciate various depths of rules too.

rules (resized).jpgrules (resized).jpg

I think an interesting question would be, how many times do you have to play the game to learn 90% of the rules. Difficult to say all rules, because getting to a wizard mode that has special rules would skew that too much. This is actually something that might not be that far-featched to measure as there's now AI-playing systems that pretty much do this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-era-for-pinball-rule-design?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.