Best Enterprise Rental Car Option For Transporting The Walking Dead Pro

By jvivlemore

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I need to pickup a TWD Pro that I purchased today and am trying to avoid using my wife's Ford Flex (it's brand new).

I can get pretty much any vehicle from Enterprise at a discounted rate so I'm looking at options there. I've looked through the pinwiki and some of the newer vehicles like the RAV4 are missing so figured some others here either have these vehicles or have done this same exact thing and have advice. The minivan is definitely big enough but like others have told me it's super low which can make loading and unloading more difficult plus I will have a lot of room where it can move around during the drive which is going to be long.

I can't find any measurements of what this thing is folded up to take them to the rental car lot and start measuring to figure it out that way.

Options:

Midsize SUV (RAV4 or similar)
Standard SUV (Nissan Frontier or similar)
Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar)
Full Size SUV (Chevy Tahoe or similar)

This will also be my FIRST pinball move. It's being loaded by someone who knows them thankfully but once I get home it's all on me and my wife to unload.

#2 3 years ago

Not sure what others have said about using a mini. An but I have never had any issues. I like the low height especially when unloading which is usually a solo project for me. Yes you have room but all you need is a couple large comforters and your set. No issues here and I have been doing it with a Toyota Sienna for many years

#3 3 years ago

I did this before and chose a mini van. Drove all the way to St. Louis and back. Worked great. Just fold down the back passenger seats and put down some cardboard and a blanket and just slide it in. I didn’t bother strapping it and it didn’t move. Just don’t get in a accident and you will be fine.

#4 3 years ago

I rented a Nissan Pathfinder that worked great.

#5 3 years ago

I bought a BKSOR from a friend 4 hours from me, and didn’t want to put the miles on my truck, so I rented a Toyota Highlander for the day. It worked out great.

Walking dead is pretty much the same cabinet as BKSOR

#6 3 years ago

Mini van all the way. It is lower and you know it will fit. Some SUVs have clearance issues with height. This is a list of vehicles that should fit machines in case you have to choose an SUV

. https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

#7 3 years ago

100% a Mini Van

#8 3 years ago

Mini van... stow and go seats, cardboard to put the pin on , blanket over the bumper ... easy to load/unload

#9 3 years ago

Use National’s Emerald Aisle and pick from whatever they have. Tahoe, minivan, suburban, etc.. All the same midsize rate once you sign up (free) for the emerald aisle.

You also skip the counter and walk right to the lot and choose whatever you want.

#10 3 years ago

Go as big as you can. Why risk it? Not even sure why I would debate it. Mini-Van is your best bet. Then the Tahoe..

I've moved many a pin in my Expedition (same size as the Tahoe). Plenty of room.

Note: Old Tahoe, you need to remove the third row seating. It's easy, without tools, and no harm. If a new Tahoe, I think the third row now lays flat.

BTW...I read your earlier thread on TWD. Hell of deal your getting on it. Congrats.

#11 3 years ago

Pins fit in a 4 runner but just barely

#12 3 years ago

I realize this isn't in your list of options, but maybe it will help someone else looking to move a pin.

I rented a box truck from Home Depot in July to move a shuffleboard table. Super easy and really cheap.

I've been borrowing rides to move pins since our Honda Element took a crap in 2016. Always stressful. I'm just using HD from now on.

#13 3 years ago

Mini van. Either Dodge Grand Caravan, or Chrystler Town and Country (same vehicle, different price point). The stow and go seats make it perfect for pin hauling.

#14 3 years ago

Mini Cooper and strap it to the roof

#15 3 years ago

Mini van. Cardboard under game to help slide in/out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Traverse City, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, MI
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.