Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bluevegas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

On LOTR after a game is over, it plays a random music and light show (1 of 3 possibilities?) that's exclusive to the end game. Batman Forever also has a nice end of game show as well, an extension of really well done sound and light packages. I find myself being a bit mesmerized by these modes, and it gets me psyched up for another game, no matter how bad the previous game was.

It's one of those small but significant details that really adds to a game, and most likely on-location earning potential, but many games have this missing. I'm interested in hearing what other games have this and which are your favorite?

#2 11 years ago

I've always liked the FT light show

#3 11 years ago

Scared Stiff light show is pretty sweet

#4 11 years ago

Sttng kicks ass on this!

#5 11 years ago
    #6 11 years ago

I love the strobe effect that PinBot has after the end of a game.

#7 11 years ago

BOP!!!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Sttng kicks ass on this!

TRUE!

SM during game play has great sound and lighting.
    The best Lighting on a pin that I ever seen was Phoebe's AFM with the saucer lighting!!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

I've always liked the FT light show

With you on this.

#10 11 years ago

TZ , Especially if you get a High Score w/ Initial's added ....

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

that's exclusive to the end game.

Not really, those songs are in the game's modes as well.
    Putting your initials in gets you a "Main Street Electrical Parade-esque" tune, which is rather catchy.

I'm with Dug,
    SS all the way. (But seriously, there are just too many to choose from!)

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Simply dazzling.

Funny, that's how I would describe you Cliffy!
    Thanks again for everything you do. Lovin' the new TRON ramp protectors BTW...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

F-14 Tomcat. Simply dazzling.

I forgot about that one... agreed!

#15 11 years ago

Spider-Man has an awesome light show that's timed to the music really well. Bride of Pinbot has a great one too. I've also always loved the music you get in Twilight Zone if you get to enter your initials.

#16 11 years ago

So it seems nobody here has played Who Dunnit, I guess?

#17 11 years ago

who dunnit by a mile!!!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Funny, that's how I would describe you Cliffy!

I think someone has a bromance going on here!

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

So it seems nobody here has played WHO dunnit, I guess?

Oh heck yeah and I love the Peter Gunn theme music during the game but the end game just doesn't come close to the intensity of F-14. In fact W?D end game kinda lulls you to sleep whereas F-14 makes you wanna jump in the cockpit and go another round!

#21 11 years ago

I seem to recall whirlwind being kinda. Ool. It's been so long that I can't remember

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I've also always loved the music you get in Twilight Zone if you get to enter your initials.

This is the first time the lights and music alone captured by attention. Lawlor did such a good job with that one I messed up my own name.

#23 11 years ago

SST has a good one too. 4 sets of 4 colored flashers plus the others.

#24 11 years ago

WH20 has a couple of different catchy songs and a good light show at the end of the game.

#26 11 years ago

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Swords of Fury high score end game. VERY rockin' soundtrack but light show still can't compare to F-14.

#27 11 years ago

Not that I've seen many of them but, TZ gets my vote followed by STTNG.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Funny, that's how I would describe you Cliffy! Thanks again for everything you do. Lovin' the new TRON ramp protectors BTW...

Right on, Nim! Glad you're diggin' em man

#29 11 years ago

I like LAH, Jack Slater is taking out the trash!

#30 11 years ago

I find the light show on Pinbot awesome. And the music is my favorite.

#31 11 years ago

Agreed!~ My Favorite!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I seem to recall Whirlwind being kinda. Ool. It's been so long that I can't remember

Really? I find WW's to be incredibly disappointing. Other than the initial thunder, the lightshow is very uninspired. It's really the only problem with the game in my opinion.

I vote Pinbot...especially when you consider the era, and it still holds up as one of the best today. That machine is pure personality and character.

CV and WoF also have very fun game-over sequences.

#34 11 years ago

A lot of Sys11 games have great lightshows and make good use of flashers.
    Whirlwind is good;. my favorite is Funhouse when you were able to enter highscore initials, that music always put a smile on my face

#35 11 years ago

F-14 FTW

#36 11 years ago

I love the way F-14 ends when you get a high score. I call it the F-14 dance.

#38 11 years ago

FT? Thats the only game I would kill the power on after playing. Drove me nuts.

#39 11 years ago

I love the ending on SM when it plays the theme song...and it is EXTRA cool when you have the Cointaker undercab lighting kit hooked up to flash in time with the music!!
    But I think my fave would have to be F-14...but that is only if you get on the high score board when it plays the whole song anchors away and the lights and flashers all go off in time with it!

Phoebe

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

So it seems nobody here has played WHO dunnit, I guess?

I've owned it, but I don't remember the "end game" light show being that great?

#41 11 years ago

Totan is pretty amazing, WH2o with the home roms is good. NGG has a great end game show and F-14, yes very very good.

#42 11 years ago

Lyman really nailed it on SM.

'nuff said.

#44 11 years ago

I really like the tron show with the music and the sub pounding

#45 11 years ago

I like the light show on StarGate for some reason, maybe it is just because the machine is new to my collection.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Really? I find WW's to be incredibly disappointing. Other than the initial thunder, the lightshow is very uninspired. It's really the only problem with the game in my opinion.
    I vote Pinbot...especially when you consider the era, and it still holds up as one of the best today. That machine is pure personality and character.
    CV and WoF also have very fun game-over sequences.

Don't know about "incredibly", but I see your point here. The music is great but the lightshow seems lazy. Greatest game ever overall though IMHO.
    Also I have to agree with you on Pinbot. Well said.

#47 11 years ago

The Shadow's end of game sequence is pretty epic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-end-game-sound-and-light-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.