(Topic ID: 296941)

Best Enclosed Trailer?

By jjoravec

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I am looking to buy an enclosed trailer. Something around a 6x12 size with high ceiling. Probably just need single axle but open to dual if that makes sense for mainly hauling pinball and arcades.

My question is who makes the best quality trailers? There are so many brands to choose from, who should I look at and who to avoid.

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

I rent from Uhaul anytime I need a trailer. They are inexpensive to rent and are heavy duty. Had an enclosed trailer and really didn't get the use out of it to justify it sitting in the driveway. If you can use it for storage that could be a benefit to owning one.

#3 2 years ago

I posted a similar trailer question a couple years ago, so maybe there's some helpful info there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestions-for-buying-an-enclosed-trailer

Ultimately, I didn't end up getting a trailer, and just continued to go with uhaul since I really only use a trailer 3-4 times a year, though dealing with uhaul continues to be inconvenient, time consuming, and a pain at times.

#4 2 years ago

This forum had a lot of great advice on picking a trailer.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-hauler-trailer-discussion#post-4775584

I remember ibuypinballs (Pete) has a trailer that he brings to shows. He set up the e-track so that when he places an em or early solid state, one e-track secures the cabinet, and the other secures the head that is standing on top of the cabinet. The advantage of using an e-track system is that you can secure each game separately.

I use uhaul 5x8 trailers because they have the tallest interior height. One time I secured four pins on each side of the trailer using long ratchet straps. The straps that I used were strong enough for the total weight of the pins that I was hauling, but when I opened the trailer after a long drive, two of the cabinets had fallen over. Luckily no damage was done. If I ever buy an enclosed trailer it'll have a v-nose, have a tall enough interior height to haul pins with heads on top of cabinets, and standard height arcades.

#5 2 years ago

Been pulling trailers for 20 years. I would recommend spending a little more money and getting a better built trailer. I also would recommend a dual axel trailer. Please don't buy the cheapest trailer you find, look around and check many different brands. Try to find a trailer that has metal 2x6s coming up to the tongue of trailer., not 2x4s. 3500 lbs axels. Just a few things to consider.

#6 2 years ago

Stay away from whatever trailers Bob Cunningham was using ‘cause he was always dealing with breakdowns!

#7 2 years ago

It’s not the brand, it’s the construction. 6x12 seems a little narrow. 7’ foot would be better.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-enclosed-trailer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.