Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acd20c38cecb69b66c556fd462f29a4e0d674613_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
spinner-target-new-cut-corners-small_(resized).jpg
SURFER_SPINNER_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Looking for another EM to put on route. Would like something with a spinner as we currently don't have any spinners on the EMs.

Current games are big indian, gold strike, and pop a card.

What do you say EM guys...

#2 7 years ago

Super soccer!!!! Dual spinners great backbox bonus system

#3 7 years ago

For my monies king of the EM Spinnners...Aztec...I can here the beautiful sound of the reels spinning now

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For my monies king of the EM Spinnners...Aztec...I can here the beautiful sound of the reels spinning now

Is aztec an EM? Pics show it with displays

#5 7 years ago

I second Aztec

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes it is

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Surfer/Surf Champ

SURFER_SPINNER_(resized).jpgSURFER_SPINNER_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please son don't test me! But seriously, that's a classic...Grand prix is no slouch either.

#8 7 years ago

Another vote for Aztec.
You can really rip that spinner!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The pinside pic happens to be of the rare prototype ss version.

I can affirm that it's very spinner. Too much spinner, personally.

Hot tip is another good spinner game

#10 7 years ago

Grand Prix or Hokus Pokus.

#11 7 years ago

Night Rider-EM version. Mine got played almost non-stop at CAX amid many much more high profile titles.
Quote from MoF: "This is the only machine worth playing at this show."

Space Mission/Odyssey or Grand Prix would be my second pick.

#12 7 years ago

Golden Arrow, Snow Derby/Snow Queen

#13 7 years ago

My favorite since I was a kid is Ship Ahoy: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2119

#14 7 years ago

Grand Prix.
Fun game and two spinners to rip on.

#15 7 years ago

Ok, since there are lots of options and suggestions, any of these have a spinner and some good strategy to play?

#16 7 years ago

As far as volume of spinners: Hokus Pokus - 3 spinners

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Another vote for Aztec.
You can really rip that spinner!

+2

#18 7 years ago

I agree Hokus Pokus is a great EM. Wish I kept mine.

#19 7 years ago

No question, Outer Space/Orbit. Great playing games.

#20 7 years ago

Not to derail, but how do your EM games fare on location in terms of revenue and reliability? I ask only out of pure curiosity, if you don'y mind me asking.

Re-rail:
+1 On Hocus Pokus, or maybe Grand Prix. I do like both games.

#21 7 years ago

Wizard-change right flipper coil to a Gottlieb or Williams for even greater spinner action.

Champ

Jungle/Wild Life.

King Kool/King Rock.

#22 7 years ago

Grand Prix or Mars Trek are fun games.. usually easy to find also

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking for another EM to put on route. Would like something with a spinner as we currently don't have any spinners on the EMs.
Current games are big indian, gold strike, and pop a card.
What do you say EM guys...

For spinners, I'm personally a big fan of Fun Land. I have a pristine example that plays super fast and smooth - also a great looker imo - beautiful lit up @ night.

#24 7 years ago

Blue Chip.
Dual spinners, each lit separately for extra points.

#25 7 years ago

I'M GONNA GO WITH SPACE MISSION ALSO YOU CAN REALLY RIP THE SPINNER FOR 20 30 GRAND WITH A GOOD SHOOT
TOMMY

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Not to derail, but how do your EM games fare on location in terms of revenue and reliability?

In general terms, NO pinball fares well in terms of revenue. If you want to do it for making money then I guess you could try to open a barcade as those seem to do well, but guessing that is from beer sales.

Pinball just does not make money. The example I can give you is we have 1 location with 4 pins. Another operator has a punching bag machine. The punching bar machine makes more than all 4 pins combined. We do this for the love of pinball and growing pinball among the masses. Got sick of crappy playing and poorly maintained games on route where ever we went and decided to do something about it. Every quarter that comes in the games is split with the bar, goes to sales tax, insurance, and parts. The small amount that is left goes towards helping to buy new games to share. In the long term we end with some route games that are slightly cheaper than if we just put them in our own personal collections. It is really just an extension of the hobby and if you were to calculate what you make per hour of effort you would never do it. (Trust me that there are many days that you question your own sanity and why you are going to the bar at 11pm on a Saturday night to fix a stuck ball)

For EM, we have one location with room for 12-13 games bute we just dont have that many good games we are either willing to share on route or would be good for route. EMs are nice because they are cheaper and appeal to a different population. We have them in a bar area where the older bar patrons will drop in a couple quarters when they are waiting for a buddy to show or waiting for a meal. They are not as loud so the bar staff likes that.

In terms of reliability, it seems that if the EMs get a full tune up, then after the initial bugs get worked out they are very reliable.

#27 7 years ago

IF anyone somewhat local is looking to sell any of the listed "spinner" titles then please reach out.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I second Aztec

Yes it is

I third Aztec. There is one in a bar in Lexington KY that has been there forever and every time I go down there I stop in that bar and put at least 10 bucks in it. Haha.

#29 7 years ago

I have a Night Rider and the dual spinner action is awesome. However, the theme of it might not appeal to a bowling alley. Aztec and Grand Prix are also nice later EM era pins.

#30 7 years ago

I can't believe no one has brought up Bow and Arrow or Twin Win. Both great dual spinner games!

#31 7 years ago

Aztec. When mine was dialed in that thing would spin forever.

#32 7 years ago

I'll agree with all the people above who said Aztec or Grand Prix

#33 7 years ago

I think Ship Ahoy/Buccaneer, the spinner is pretty much the only way back up the playfield.

#34 7 years ago

Night Rider or Bow and Arrow.

#35 7 years ago

Grand Prix

#36 7 years ago

Old chicago

#37 7 years ago

Bon Voyage

#38 7 years ago

Prospector has two in the center. There is an alternating relay that will alternate which spinner is lit. Once the silver bonus is maxed, the lit spinners will award 1,000 points a spin!

On an EM, there's (almost) nothing better sounding than score reels advancing at 20 times a second!

#39 7 years ago

Quarterback

#40 7 years ago

You want yours back, don't you

spinner-target-new-cut-corners-small_(resized).jpgspinner-target-new-cut-corners-small_(resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago

Bally Freedom!

#42 7 years ago

Golden Arrow

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#43 7 years ago

For route, buccaneer or Ship ahoy are good choices.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

You want yours back, don't you

Bon Voyage was the best looking, best playing, long flipper single player EM I ever owned. With that spinner strategically located right up the middle. Glad to see it finally got that new decal installed.

All my EMs have two inch flippers now and only one has spinners. But it is a real good one. Fun Park. Odds are you won't find one to put on route. But to me bells sound a lot better than chimes when ripping those spinners.

#45 7 years ago

haha. Is it even possible to get more than a couple revolutions with those spinners being all the way up there?

#46 7 years ago

Aztec is a great spinner game but it can be pretty brutal too. I love Surfer/Surf Champ for a spinner game but it's not exactly integral to the gameplay, just kind of there. Hokus Pokus would be a fun one for spinners I think or an EM Bally Night Rider would be a good one. Spinners and drops with a saucer up top.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

I love Surfer/Surf Champ for a spinner game but it's not exactly integral to the gameplay, just kind of there. Hokus Pokus would be a fun one for spinners

I've had both and Hokus Pokus had way better spinner action and was more fun to play all around.

#48 7 years ago

I hear Melody is a great EM...

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I hear Melody is a great EM...

we cant put a shocker on route

#50 7 years ago

Anyone have any of these titles for sale in the midwest?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-em-with-spinner-for-route and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.