image-836.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-373.jpg
Pinball - santiago ciuffo pf close 1.jpg
159639-i.jpg
Cover Girl Feb 2014 018.jpg
Cover Girl Feb 2014 019.jpg
Cover Girl 002.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago

I have played so few EM games I don't feel qualified to say what is the best. I have owned Williams Klondike, Bally On Beam, I own Gottliebs C37 and Golden Arrow. Of those four, I rate them in this order...

C37 (I play it more than any other game in my collection)
Klondike (Beginning to regret selling it)
Broken Arrow (Just picked it up and I really like the additional bell for the 10,000 point shots)
On Beam (Amazingly complicated mechanically and cool looking game and backbox animation, but this does not translate to great gameplay, but I did really like the short flippers in this one) Glad I sold it, helped me buy C37.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, I'm admittedly more interested in solid state pins, but I'd really like to appreciate EM pins more. (In fact, I started a thread about it a while back: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-appreciate-em-pins ) However, this seemed like a good place to ask; what makes these particular EM games any better than the others? This is an honest question. I'd really like to understand EM pins better.
Thanks to anyone who is willing to expound,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

If you want to appreciate em pins more, get a broken one and learn how to repair it. Once you have repaired it, learn how to play it. Flipper skills and nudging change dramatically from SS/DMD to EM. There is a definite player benefit to learning the difference. It will make you a better player all around. Once you have learned to play your game well, it will become easy to decide if you like it or not. The way it went for me, I started looking for different features in an EM.

Klondike was my first EM (also my first pinball machine period). It had some great features like the up post between the flippers and the slot reels in the top. You don't have a direct shot to any of the upper playfield area features so you have to learn to bank shot the ball to get it up above the pops to hit the slot reel targets. There are direct shots to advance the slot reels but those generally are sucker shots. After playing Klondike, I started to look for games with different features. I found On Beam and it had a cool backbox light animation and the add a ball feature actually spit the ball back out to the playfield between the flippers rather than sending the ball to the shooter lane. The animation is cool, but really did not enhance the game for me. I do think that the add a ball kicker is a great feature and surprising all the time. Then I decided I wanted a game with some drop targets or a spinner shot or both! I got C37 and the drop targets are a great strategic part of the game. Definitely adds fun to the gameplay. Then I got Golden Arrow. It has a rare Gottlieb feature, the 10,000 point shot! I am still working this one out. It needs a good shop job and the steppers and spinners all need a good cleaning.

I keep looking for games with features I havent played yet. Gobble holes, bonus counters, MultiBall!

I wonder what I'll find next???

Hope this adds a little to your thought bank for EM games. Give it a try. I bet you'll like it!

#50 10 years ago

I-din, I bet your fireball is feeling neglected because of all the attention you give Joker Poker. Why don't you let it go somewhere it will really be loved????

#52 10 years ago

High tap??? Just think how high your electric bill will be now!!

Glad to hear Fireball is getting its much deserved attention. Keep me in mind if the real Odin has worn out its welcome.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but the bonus just stopped scoring. Time to crack this egg.

Definitely part of the fun of EM pinball!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-em-pin?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.