image-836.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-373.jpg
Pinball - santiago ciuffo pf close 1.jpg
159639-i.jpg
Cover Girl Feb 2014 018.jpg
Cover Girl Feb 2014 019.jpg
Cover Girl 002.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ohemio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Thought I'd start a topic on your thought's on the best EM Pin and why?

I own three. Space Mission, Target Alpha, and Bally Circus. However I have played many.

OHEMIO

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Kinda like women, which is better? cant answer that.

lol - and when it comes to women you never will find that answer brother...

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

Every one has there opinion. I like Jacks open or Atlantis. I really like the card themed wedge heads.

Both great Gottlieb pins. I like the layouts on the 4 players like Royal Flash or more so Card Whiz. Close Encounters layout also peaks my interest. However it's understood there's a great deal of love for the Wedgeheads throughout the EM collector world.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

I'd put in a vote for the Big Hit, 1977 Gottlieb. Especially for those that love baseball.

Gotta love the turret feature on this pin. Drop targets and four flippers to knock them down plus the baseball theme. Baseball is why I own a 63' WMS Major League with the running man unit. Big Hit is a great pin though. Thanks for posting.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Bally Traildrive!

Love the back box animation on this pin. Very rare pin and tough to find. Never played one but hope to one day. Thanks for posting.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, I'm admittedly more interested in solid state pins, but I'd really like to appreciate EM pins more. (In fact, I started a thread about it a while back: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-appreciate-em-pins ) However, this seemed like a good place to ask; what makes these particular EM games any better than the others? This is an honest question. I'd really like to understand EM pins better.
Thanks to anyone who is willing to expound,Ryan ClaytorElephant Eater Comicshttp://www.ElephantEater.com

For me it's a love of the sounds and mechanics running. When you credit up, and hit start, that score motor starts to run, everything resets. All the score reels click to reset to zero. Then the ball kicks theres a moment of silence. Then you fire that ball. Then the bells, lights, and reels. It's hearing the bonus unit in combination with the score motor and reels. It's like a clock you wind, a fine watch. To some degree you can't believe that it all works as well as it does. It really adds to the playing experience. I don't experience that with SS.

I have absolutely nothing against SS but prefer EM. Hell I played many hours of SS pinball. For me it's a completely different experience than hitting a start button on an EM. When I have holidays or family gatherings in my arcade. You should hear several games being started at once. I sit there with my beer and just take it all in...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Fast Draw - horse shoes rule!
Close second - Mata Hari EM

Word on the Horse Shoes brother. The theme on the Bronco rocks. Mata Hari as a great theme to and great playfield. Thanks for posting.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Fireball - king of all EMs

Very challenging pin to master. Those small flippers are a killer. Love that upper playfield. Thanks for posting.

#66 10 years ago

O-din loving that beautiful Joker Poker. Especially the playfield layout and that third flipper to take out those Aces. Those bonus units are great on the Gottlieb 4 Players. Had fun with mine on my Target Alpha getting it to run correctly after a drain.

Again thanks to everyone for positing...OHEMIO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ohemio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-em-pin?tu=ohemio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.