image-836.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-373.jpg
Pinball - santiago ciuffo pf close 1.jpg
159639-i.jpg
Cover Girl Feb 2014 018.jpg
Cover Girl Feb 2014 019.jpg
Cover Girl 002.jpg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

jacks open is the machine that gets the most play in my house too....
the pf and bg are very nice on yours... nice score...
gotta replace those drop targets though...

Well, I haven't cleaned them yet....are they wrong or something or just look dirty?

#102 9 years ago

I was thinking about buying a 1967 RockMakers. Is it a decent pin? What is one worth in decent shape? Thanks.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

We keep them all here in the Midwest. Sorry, man.

sure, hog 'em all up...

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Well, I haven't cleaned them yet....are they wrong or something or just look dirty?

they are "correct", they are just worn... 36 bucks to pbr gets you a brand spanking new set...

i know that some have had decent luck coloring them back in... not sure off the top of my head what they used...

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sure, hog 'em all up...

It's ok, you already have your metal bat game anyway. I'd like a few more...

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I was thinking about buying a 1967 RockMakers. Is it a decent pin? What is one worth in decent shape? Thanks.

i would imagine some like it, but imo, the artwork on that machine is so bad i wouldn't allow it near my house...

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

It's ok, you already have your metal bat game anyway. I'd like a few more...

true, but i'd like one that actually works...

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

true, but i'd like one that actually works...

You're nearing the finish line...

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

You're nearing the finish line...

i need to find some time to finish it...

then i just gotta keep it out of o-din's clutches...

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i would imagine some like it, but imo, the artwork on that machine is so bad i wouldn't allow it near my house...

Thanks for the info.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

My favorite at the moment is Cover Girl. Simple rules but very hard to beat and has that just one more game attraction.

Interesting photos. The only image of Cover Girl I had seen up till recently was in Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book. Only is the playfield not checkered, but blue. Does anyone know if there were 2 versions of the playfield art, or that this may just be a custom version?
Pinball - santiago ciuffo pf close 1.jpgPinball - santiago ciuffo pf close 1.jpg

#112 9 years ago

My vote- Granted I have somewhat limited exposure and can only vote for a game I have played.. but I get t o play EM's with regularity and I would vote-

No particular order here... but top two I know-

Grand Prix
Wizard

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Just got a metal bat game back in the line-up. Thanks Dirt.

Teachers pet?

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

then i just gotta keep it out of o-din's clutches...

I've got very long clutches.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Teachers pet?

Yep, I have it almost ready to play and I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got very long clutches.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Interesting photos. The only image of Cover Girl I had seen up till recently was in Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book. Only is the playfield not checkered, but blue. Does anyone know if there were 2 versions of the playfield art, or that this may just be a custom version?

Pinball - santiago ciuffo pf clo... 84 KB

Never seen a blue back ground one before, might be a repaint, I guess. Every one of those silver & white squares play fields I have seen has wear. The silver squares are raised higher than the white, so I guess the ball just wears them away. Be interesting to know if it was original or not. Is the back glass blue as well, or has it the checker pattern?

#118 9 years ago

Never seen a blue back ground one before, might be a repaint, I guess. Every one of those silver & white squares play fields I have seen has wear. The silver squares are raised higher than the white, so I guess the ball just wears them away. Be interesting to know if it was original or not. Is the back glass blue as well, or has it the checker pattern?

Perhaps it is one of those knock offs that several of the Italian/Spanish companies made after Gottlieb games.

#119 9 years ago

Is the back glass blue as well, or has it the checker pattern?

Backbox is in the book as well and has the normal silver/white squares. The game is actually a Gottlieb, not from another brand.

2 weeks later
#120 9 years ago

Just picked up a Card Whiz (pictured in sellers house). Should look great next to Jack's Open.

image-373.jpgimage-373.jpg image-742.jpgimage-742.jpg image-836.jpgimage-836.jpg
#121 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

they are "correct", they are just worn... 36 bucks to pbr gets you a brand spanking new set...
i know that some have had decent luck coloring them back in... not sure off the top of my head what they used...

Chris,

I use Testors Paint Pens to color the worn art back to drop targets. The red and black are very good matches to the red and black lettering of most drop targets.

The paint pens have a stiff but adequately edged tip to be able to keep in the lines. Your results will depend on how much time you take on them and if they are in the game or not. I find I can live with the results after I'm done even if the results are not perfect. And it seems to hold up well.

Mike O.

#122 9 years ago

Best EM pin?!

Williams 1962 King Pin of course! (duh)

Check out this video to see why it can't be beat for classic nudging and flipper action (gameplay starts at 2:26):

The playfield artwork makes for great avatar material too!

- Tim

#124 9 years ago

Yes, - very cool in its own right, but for an actual manufactured EM pin that you can own, the BEST is still the 1962 Williams King Pin.

Enough said. Roll the credits.

- Tim

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Chris,
I use Testors Paint Pens to color the worn art back to drop targets. The red and black are very good matches to the red and black lettering of most drop targets.
The paint pens have a stiff but adequately edged tip to be able to keep in the lines. Your results will depend on how much time you take on them and if they are in the game or not. I find I can live with the results after I'm done even if the results are not perfect. And it seems to hold up well.
Mike O.

thanks mike... i remember you guys discussing it in another thread, but darned if i could remember what you were using...

i have some standup targets that could use a bit of love, i'm inferring from your post that it would be best to take them out of the machine and have someone with more patience and less shaky hands do the coloring in...

@dbaum... if mike says it will work, it will work... so disassemble that bank and start painting...

#126 9 years ago

it would be SO COOL to have a clear cabinet like that... especially with an em, since there is actually "stuff" in there to watch working...

#127 9 years ago

Updated list:

Jacks Open
Card Whiz
Central Park
Tie: Hot Shot/Target Alpha and progeny.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Best EM pin?!
Williams 1962 King Pin of course! (duh)
Check out this video to see why it can't be beat for classic nudging and flipper action (gameplay starts at 2:26):
» YouTube video
The playfield artwork makes for great Avatar material too!
- Tim

I personally like 4:47....ha! Just goes to prove that we need more videos of girls playing pinball!

I used to have King Pin, but ya know....always something else out there. It did have some great bells and the center kickout was always a good saver!

#129 9 years ago

I do like Volley played it for the 1st time a few weeks back.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

thanks mike... i remember you guys discussing it in another thread, but darned if i could remember what you were using...
i have some standup targets that could use a bit of love, i'm inferring from your post that it would be best to take them out of the machine and have someone with more patience and less shaky hands do the coloring in...
@dbaum... if mike says it will work, it will work... so disassemble that bank and start painting...

Chris,

Only you can determine your skills and whether the results you get are acceptable to you.

I have done it both ways - in the game and out of the game. As I stated previously, it will not be perfect but is totally acceptable to me. Other's standards may be more stringent.

I have gotten my Testors paint pens from Hobby Lobby in the past. They don't have a great selection of colors but usually have red and black. Get them in gloss. Their website had a printable 40% off on one item coupon usually. Their sell price is around $5 so with a coupon I get them for around $3 plus tax.

Good luck with it.

Mike O.

6 years later
#131 3 years ago

Thought I'd revive this post. Has anyone got any new favourites?
Here are some games I haven't played but would like to and think look like keepers:
Flipper cowboy, tropic Isle, sky jump, strange world, Atlantis, joker poker EM.
I have 3 ems up and running now: el Dorado, centigrade 37, and pleasure isle. Can't choose between them.

#132 3 years ago

Jacks Open is my favorite today.

A80B92F7-2B61-4E59-8A82-E8CE40488156 (resized).jpegA80B92F7-2B61-4E59-8A82-E8CE40488156 (resized).jpegF3F6329B-F022-4D0E-B7E7-6B8DD3E5E6E2 (resized).jpegF3F6329B-F022-4D0E-B7E7-6B8DD3E5E6E2 (resized).jpeg1DFC8FEC-202F-4F74-9B74-DB7F35664FC1 (resized).jpeg1DFC8FEC-202F-4F74-9B74-DB7F35664FC1 (resized).jpeg
#133 3 years ago

Didn't we just have a top 5? No worries.
For me it's a draw between two Gods: Heat Wave and Teacher's Pet. After that there's a drop off to the mere mortal machines.

#135 3 years ago

That Jack's Open looks great. That's another one I wanted to play. Also the AAB version would be nice too.

#136 3 years ago

My list;
Fireball
Capt Fantastic
Wizard
Aztec (Wms)
King of Diamonds

There are so many great EM's its hard to choose......

Steve

#137 3 years ago

I don’t have extensive experience, but of the ones I’ve played I like Target Pool the best, it is so satisfying to make the shot to get the fall back up to the top area and nudge it while it’s bouncing around

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#138 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I don’t have extensive experience, but of the ones I’ve played I like Target Pool the best, it is so satisfying to make the shot to get the fall back up to the top area and nudge it while it’s bouncing around
[quoted image]

One of my favorites

#139 3 years ago

My favorite EM layouts are:
Royal Flush/Card Whiz
Orbit/Outer Space
Far Out/Out of Sight
Space Time/Time Zone
Drop A Card/Pop A Card

#140 3 years ago

Many AAB Wedge Heads, but the best improvement playing a two player game
opposed to a single would be Star Jet. Single Player mode 7. Two Player 9.5

IMG_0740 (resized).JPGIMG_0740 (resized).JPG
#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

[quoted image]

Love the back glass. I want one someday.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

[quoted image]

The add-a-ball version, "Mini Pool" is really fun as well. The ball is always in motion, careening in all different directions. It really keeps you on your toes.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

[quoted image]

Why would the 2 player be higher than a 1-player? The layout does not change

#144 3 years ago

Not sure about that game but i know on my aab 2 player pleasure Isle I like 2 player more because you can steal a free ball from the other player. "It's more fun to compete"

#145 3 years ago

It's just like newer pins, there are different strokes for different folks.

Personally, I enjoy heat wave, centigrade 37, the wiggler, Olympic hockey, capersville, joker poker, and fireball.

#146 3 years ago

pleasure island is a blast. Also enjoying jungle queen. It’s so good I have two

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Why would the 2 player be higher than a 1-player?

On single player, if you leave a ball(s) in the blast off holes, no big
deal, you just try to release them on the next ball. Now on two
player, if you fail to release the balls, your opponent has a chance to
launch the blast off balls which is the key to getting a high score.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from kimbleseven:

Not sure about that game but i know on my aab 2 player pleasure Isle I like 2 player more because you can steal a free ball from the other player. "It's more fun to compete"

I have Pleasure Isle and heard many good things about the game, but I haven't yet
went through it. I actually have the three other true Two Player Gottlieb AABs (Big Top,
Hyde Park, and Lariat), but haven't yet gone through them, but I am presently working
on more space to set up more machines..

#149 3 years ago

For such a rare machine Pleasure Isle sure comes up alot in people's collections.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from kimbleseven:

For such a rare machine Pleasure Isle sure comes up alot in people's collections.

I've had three of them. I agree. I've seen or heard of many of them. Far more than "Paradise".
BTW, the one Mopar owns was once mine. C'mon mope, get it going already!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-em-pin/page/3?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.