Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Not sure if this is the right category, but I guess it falls under 'rulesheet?'

What are some good early 80s (& older) pins that have interesting Bonus Collect rules/shots and Playfield X. Are there examples where the Bonus Collect can be multiplied by the playfield X? Doesn't Flash Gordon do this?

#2 9 months ago

Flash Gordon does, yes

There are no EMs with playfield X, but a lot with different bonus collects. I enjoy Little Chief. Get two lanes to light the collect, but once collect is lit you can also hit the center lane for double bonus. Collect your bonus, everything resets, start again.

#3 9 months ago

Hit the Boop Ball 4 times on a Fireball Classic, get multi-ball a few times and go fix coffee when the ball drains while the bonus rips off.

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Flash Gordon does, yes
    There are no EMs with playfield X, but a lot with different bonus collects. I enjoy Little Chief. Get two lanes to light the collect, but once collect is lit you can also hit the center lane for double bonus. Collect your bonus, everything resets, start again.

My guess it was a Bally SS that was first with playfield X?

Never played Little Chief but now I want to find one and try it out.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Hit the Boop Ball 4 times on a Fireball Classic, get multi-ball a few times and go fix coffee when the ball drains while the bonus rips off.

Love those long bonus collects.

#5 9 months ago
    Quoted from SunnRAT:

My guess it was a Bally SS that was first with playfield X?

First one I can think of offhand is black knight.

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Flash Gordon does, yes

Zacaj is spot on.
    Very hard to get both in a SS. FG has both, and much more.

The strobing score bonus feature (2x/3x/4x/5x) in Centaur is an excellent shot, but no playfield double scoring.

Barracora would be my choice.
    Game has tremendous in game risk/reward scoring features, a great playfield multiplier, and a collect bonus.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Zacaj is spot on.
    The strobing score bonus feature (2x/3x/4x/5x) in Centaur is an excellent shot, but no playfield double scoring.
    Game has tremendous in game risk/reward scoring features, a great playfield multiplier, and a collect bonus.

That's right, Barracora does. I wonder if there are any else? Skateball?

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Zacaj is spot on.

Wait, Barracora has a playfield multiplier? I thought that was just in a multiball rom hack

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, Barracora has a playfield multiplier? I thought that was just in a multiball rom hack

Doesn't one bank of drops advance playfield multipler and the other bank advances bonus multiplier? Then saucer collects? Or am I missing something? Also mine is stock ROM I believe.

#10 9 months ago

Barracora does not have a PF multiplier; it has two separate bonus multipliers. Each letter completion of either side advances the basic bonus X; each PAIR of completions (both sides) increases the multiplier bonus X. Both go up to 5X, so your total multiplier can be anywhere from 2X to 25X.

PF multipliers were relatively rare before 2000; now, they're common. One of my favorites was on Sorcerer, where you can repeat the lock shot to increase your multiplier. Flash Gordon was neat in that it had two different timed multipliers.

Agree on Little Chief, BTW, great game. I came up just short on it when it really mattered, though.

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Flash Gordon was neat in that it had two different timed multipliers.

That can be combined!

FG is awesome.

#12 9 months ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Barracora does not have a PF multiplier; it has two separate bonus multipliers. Each letter completion of either side advances the basic bonus X; each PAIR of completions (both sides) increases the multiplier bonus X. Both go up to 5X, so your total multiplier can be anywhere from 2X to 25X.
    PF multipliers were relatively rare before 2000; now, they're common. One of my favorites was on Sorcerer, where you can repeat the lock shot to increase your multiplier. Flash Gordon was neat in that it had two different timed multipliers.
    Agree on Little Chief, BTW, great game. I came up just short on it when it really mattered, though.

Ah, that's right. I haven't been playing it lately but I think it's time to revisit it's greatness.

#13 9 months ago

Bally Beat the Clock has both including an amazing bonus collect shot.

Williams Star Light you can collect your zodiac bonus during multiball for 2x value.

#14 9 months ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Barracora does not have a PF multiplier;

Yes. I stand corrected.
    I visit the game every six months on average, and always thought the super bonus was the 'When multiball was in play."

Thanks.

2 weeks later
    #15 8 months ago

Fathom

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Barracora does not have a PF multiplier

It was intended to according to Roger Sharpe, and he assumed it had it. It's been added for him and also I think Free Play Florida and PAPA had the updated roms as well.

Not generally available though because of copyright.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside