meteor sweep.jpg
IMG_4943.jpg
Space Station Sweep.jpg
SSH-sweep-10.jpg
image-941.jpg
seawitch sweep.jpg
image.jpg
55adff8778aa08799ca9d80702b1d93c0aa38aa4.jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Rollergames or Flash.

Same shot, I know.

Probably give it to Rollergames as it's a more important shot (lights lock).

#52 9 years ago

Quicksilver - 4-bank sweep to left spinner meltdown.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You can totally sweep AC/DC from the top down. THE best sweep shot in the world.. (for me anyway lol).. coz it requires a successful bank to work. Suh weet.

Quoted from Darcy:

Mustang, all 5 Gears targets. I have done it, a lucky ricochet from the right side and WOW!

Can you fellas shoot a short video of this, (however, keep track of your success rate?)

I think it would be very cool to see people making really difficult sweep shots...

-mof

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rollergames or Flash.
Same shot, I know.
Probably give it to Rollergames as it's a more important shot (lights lock).

Added, ty!
-mof

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can you fellas shoot a short video of this, (however, keep track of your success rate?)
I think it would be very cool to see people making really difficult sweep shots...
-mof

I did state that it is a 'LUCKY' rebound. The ball if it is going right to left will hit 3, maybe 4 drops, to get all 5 is just fluky.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Fathom
Center drop bank looks sweepable from the upper right flipper

I tried it about 25 times with the glass off, and did it twice. Sweeping 2 of 3 is very doable. Due to it's alignment to the upper flipper, I included it in the easy list, even if it's only 1-in-12 easy...

-mof

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do any modern Sterns have a good sweep shot?
-mof

TSPP actually offers a "drops swept" award (IIRC 250K + 50K) if you manage it, but it probably falls more under the "control gravity with your mind" category. It is most likely to happen on a ball rolling downward.

I would also point out that I would be hard-pressed to consider FG and any WPT banks sweepable.

Also o_O on the ACDC sweep.

My personal vote would be for Whirlwind probably because it feels really good, especially when you have a ball on a lower flipper with skill shot still running and sweep it for the 600K (750K+??).

#58 9 years ago

The right drops on Bad Cats can be swept - especially off the backhand. Also, unlike other games with drops in the game to pad out the features list, they're fairly important as they light the OP progressive jackpot.

#59 9 years ago

Sterns Grand Prix has good drops to sweep..

#60 9 years ago

Mavericks Lauren Belle drop target sweep into the VUK

163460.jpg163460.jpg
#61 9 years ago

Jokerz! Knock down all three sets of three for a timed opportunity for 1 million points. There is also a sweeping bonus for all three sets of drops.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Added.
-mof

#63 9 years ago

Star Gazer right bank can be swept fairly easily from the LEFT flipper. Just did my first sweep from the RIGHT flipper last night.

SG right bank.jpgSG right bank.jpg

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Star Gazer right bank can be swept fairly easily from the LEFT flipper.

Added, ty!
And then there were 13...
-mof

#65 9 years ago

Cheetah -- Look at these beautiful sweep shots...
-mof

3 months later
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Flintstones has a couple really good sets of drops that you can sweep.

Added.
-mof

#67 9 years ago

Played Stern Dragonfist for the first time this weekend, that machine is all about sweeping the left and right upper banks of drops.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Played Stern Dragonfist for the first time this weekend, that machine is all about sweeping the left and right upper banks of drops.

Sweet... I would love to see one some day.
-mof

#69 9 years ago

No picture handy, but the 4-bank of targets on Black Hole's lower playfield can be swept. In addition to being satisfying in its own right, it has the added bonus of opening the return gate up top! I love when that happens. I seem to have most success with it from the left flipper (Player POV)

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Looking at the Classic Stern games, there are a few other ones that look like they have sweepable banks of drop targets. Can anyone confirm?
Cheetah
is it possible to sweep the center 5 bank on Cheetah from the upper left flipper? It looks like it would be possible. If you can sweep the bank into the mini-orbit with spinner, I will have to get me one!
Catacomb
I am also guessing one of the drop banks of Stern Catacomb can be swept, but don't know for sure.
Viper
The upper right drop bank looks sweepable to me.
Also, a couple others...
Fathom
Flash"

Ali is sweepable from a left flipper backhand and usually gets 1 or 2 of the upper drops for bonus multiplier.
ali_2.jpgali_2.jpg

#72 9 years ago

Fathom 1-2-3 target with the upper right flipper! it's light the extra ball target automaticly... very satisfaying!

#73 9 years ago

Partial Sweep addition is EBD for sure. I have gotten 5 out of 7 many times on mine.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

163460.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I don't think I ever got that one. The top flipper to middle three drop sweep, and a drop target in the 5-bank as the kicker I do get once in a while though.

So two sweeps possible for Maverick, the drop target lover's machine.

#75 9 years ago

Love that Maverick one

#76 9 years ago

Easy sweep shot. Stern Galaxy right flipper shot.

#77 9 years ago

Black Hole? I once swept the B-L-A-C-K targets by hitting the mini rubber post in front of the "B" at the right spot which deflected the ball right into them. vvvvrapp! All down and in sequence too!

Xenons are sweepable, there is a sweet spot at the rubber just below them which rebounds the ball into them at the right trajectory. and usually it will bounce off another rubber and sail into whatever is left.

2 weeks later
#78 9 years ago

I've swept the upper right 3-bank of Nine Ball a few times, what a joy.
-mof

1 year later
#79 7 years ago

R.I.P. Sweepable drops.
We haven't seen them produced in 9 years now... Hope the drought ends one of these years. Maybe Pat Lawlor will save us.
-mof

1 year later
#80 6 years ago

Iron Maiden

082d8cc291c543fd0a276b5603b3e91e8e1eeeb8 (resized).jpg082d8cc291c543fd0a276b5603b3e91e8e1eeeb8 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#81 6 years ago

4 bank on QuickSilver, f2k three bank, 1-2-3 bank on Fathom, all very satisfying sweepable shot

5 months later
#82 5 years ago

TWD- it's very hard but I've made it.

20181017_172837 (resized).jpg20181017_172837 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
Troxel Repair

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-drop-target-sweep/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.