(Topic ID: 48570)

Best DMD machine in $1500-2000 range?

By AnthonyM88

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 10 years ago

I would say Getaway, but having a two game collection that's all Steve Ritchie is a bit dull...

Judge Dredd is great and can easily be had in your price range. World Cup Soccer is fun and a bit different, too. If you're not stuck on a Bally/Williams game like a lot of people here are, Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street is actually pretty cool. Whirlwind is fun and easily in your price range, though it's not a DMD game. Actually, Doctor Who should be available in your range, and is also a really good game.

#62 10 years ago

Actually Chubtoad, I'd disagree about the aesthetic quality of games in this range being weak; granted, there are a lot of games based on crappy 90s movies, but I find Fish Tales to be one of the more aesthetically pleasing pins out there, even moreso than a lot of the higher-dollar games; it just doesn't have the deepest gameplay (but the video mode is fun and cheesy.) Getaway is still available around $2k, even in decent shape, and I find it very pleasing to the eye (though, superchargers, Lambos, and giant full-playfield tachometers do it for me.) Judge Dredd has some pretty badass art; my friends that're into comics think it's one of the best looking pins they've seen, especially compared to the new Stern/Marvel pins.

That said, I strongly agree with your choice of games in that price range.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I agree with you on the Judge Dredd artwork. Thats one does look pretty sweet.

It didn't do it for me at first, 'til my buddies that're into comics started pointing out stuff, and then I appreciated it a whole lot more. It's nice that the game can still be had at such reasonable prices; one of the coolest machines out there, and it's still about the cheapest DMDs you can find.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyM88:

I am really looking hard at Baywatch and JP.
Just also came across a Corvette. Anyone have anything good to say about this machine?

I think Corvette usually goes for about $500 more than that in average condition. I believe it's thought of reasonably highly, though I've not played it myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-dmd-machine-in-1500-2000-range?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.