(Topic ID: 48570)

Best DMD machine in $1500-2000 range?

By AnthonyM88

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anthonym88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I am looking for me next (2nd) pinball machine to add to my collection in about the $1500-2000 range. I have posted about a TFTC machine, I am really looking for that machine to add to my collection, but I was just wondering what other machines are roughly in the same price range that are good?

The main things I am looking for are theme, sound and art work....and variety of shots/things to do on the playfield. I LOVE the theme of TFTC, everything about it screams early 90's cheese, and I LOVE it. I also love games with an awesome DMD. My only game right now is F14 Tomcat, which has just a basic display, so I want something that has some awesome animations and stuff going on while you're playing. At the same time, I want some gameplay that will hold my attention for a little while.

Anyways, as of right now I am looking for TFTC, but I want some other options in the similar price range. Thanks in advance

#6 11 years ago

Great suggestions so far. My buddy has a T2 and keeps raving about it. I have watched videos and it looks awesome. I have heard so many good things about WCS, although the theme of it just doesn't do it for me.

Quoted from ashburton:

I love the theme of Tales but the build quality is lacking, it just feels cheap. I think T2 is nicer looking and has an overall better feel

Really? I haven't heard many people complain about the build quality. Hmmm is it that bad? Is it because it is a DE machine? I have heard their quality just isn't on par with "the big boys"

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Baywatch screams it and has an extra large DMD ... but plays great, imho.

YES! I have looked into this machine, never played it, but it looks totally awesome! This is right up my alley with regards to cheesy theme

OTTOgd, know of anyone selling any machines in Brampton/Mississauga/GTA?

T2 is getting a lot of love.

#47 11 years ago

thanks for all the replies so far! I love looking up videos of these new machines that I haven't really known before, so I appreciate it.

Out of all the videos I have seen so far today, JD and WCS have impressed me the most, and seem like awesome machines. Baywatch looks awesome and have the cheese factor down pat! JP also has awesome theme and seems pretty fun. WWFRR looks like so much fun and will bring back tons of memories of wrestling when I was younger. TFTC is still the machine I am after due to it's theme, but these others are all great!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It saddens me a bit that criteria such as theme, sound, artwork are placed ahead of playability/fun-factor/variety of shots.But I seem to be in the minority here, placing the fun factor and playability of a game far above trivial decorations like artwork, aftermarket toys, LEDs, frilly toppers, etc. Pinballs are for playing in my world.

It may just be the newbie in me, but to me a pinball machine must have all the elements. Of course a horrible playing pinball with a sexy coat of paint will go unplayed after about a week, but at the same time, I think an average playing pin with a sexy coat of paint will make it that much better. Pinballs must make you smile every time you turn it on, and all the gimmicks that go with it just add to the charm. I agree that it must play well, but I think some of the machines listed so far have the theme and the gameplay. But thanks for your input

#56 11 years ago

Ya JD seems really cool to me, and the theme is pretty awesome. I am in no way stuck on bally/williams, I am very open to anything. I heard Freddy's gameplay gets reallllly boring, real quick. I do like the look of it though.

#85 10 years ago

I have a couple leads on some machines

$2300 for Baywatch in amazing condition
$2200 for JP, not sure of condition yet
$2500 for TFTC in amazing condition

any of these good prices? should I try to bargain to lower prices?

Thanks

#101 10 years ago

What are your guys opinions on Baywatch vs JP?

I have some leads on these two machines and just wondering which one you guys like better specifically between these two

#103 10 years ago

I am really looking hard at baywatch and JP.

Just also came across a Corvette. Anyone have anything good to say about this machine?

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I think Corvette usually goes for about $500 more than that in average condition. I believe it's thought of reasonably highly, though I've not played it myself.

I found one I can probably bargain down to about 1800 that was once a container pin, cleaned up and restored the pf (looks like the pf is an 8/10) but the cab itself is HIDEOUS! Someone tried their own paint job, and it is absolute garbage. I would either have to decal it, or live with it.

#108 10 years ago

Yeah I am narrowing down my choice to JP. I am really loving this machine the more and more I look into it. I am going to play it sometime this week, and maybe make a purchase sometime soon

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Baywatch is probably cheaper tho. A few years back I picked up a nice one that needed some work well below $1000.

Really? It seems as though the average price is at around 1500-2000 now. The guy I am buying it from is pretty big in the pinball community here in Toronto, and he has restored it and says it is in really great condition. What are the prices for a really good condition for this game?

1 week later
#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I say JP a few years ago, it's tough to find one for under $2k now..

I got mine for $1800 a week ago People just have to be patient, and also get a little lucky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anthonym88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-dmd-machine-in-1500-2000-range?tu=anthonym88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.