6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballCharlie
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

If you want 90's cheese with great flow and animations JM all the way. DM an LAH right after that.

I dont get all the love for T2. It's basically the only on location machine I get to play because I wont play TAF with a ramp shot that doesnt work. The only reason I play it is because its the only option around for me to play besides my machines.

I see people naming off a lot of machines that go for $2k+

#52 6 years ago

I have a BW and soon to be WWF. Both great. BW is one of the most underrated games IMO. HS2 is also a really fun game but that's getting up beyond $2200 range.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

There's no such thing as a 1500 dollar dmd pin with this group. You might be able to score an em that needs repair for that range.

Get better pinball friends.

#54 6 years ago

I would say Getaway, but having a two game collection that's all Steve Ritchie is a bit dull...

Judge Dredd is great and can easily be had in your price range. World Cup Soccer is fun and a bit different, too. If you're not stuck on a Bally/Williams game like a lot of people here are, Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street is actually pretty cool. Whirlwind is fun and easily in your price range, though it's not a DMD game. Actually, Doctor Who should be available in your range, and is also a really good game.

#55 6 years ago

i'd say if you REALLY want a TFTC, wait and get it. that way, you can keep saving a little so you can afford a nice one. if i had that much and it needed to be a DMD, i'd go with a JD, HS2, WCS, or T2.

#56 6 years ago

Ya JD seems really cool to me, and the theme is pretty awesome. I am in no way stuck on bally/williams, I am very open to anything. I heard Freddy's gameplay gets reallllly boring, real quick. I do like the look of it though.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from bigballa69:

I bought Dirty Harry a couple months ago and its the bomb diggity! Clint Eastwood is a bad ass. Game is pretty violent and its challenging.

I second this. DH.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyM88:

I heard FREDDY's gameplay gets reallllly boring, real quick. I do like the look of it though.

yes. TFTC is probably the best horror theme pin ever. freddy is fun, but it's kinda shallow; a lot of the same shots (hit the furnace over and over), DMD just does animations where in TFTC there's some interaction (mode there you choose doors for bonuses). i'd love a freddy if i could find one for cheap, but would probably just sell it in a year anyways.

#59 6 years ago

No one has mentioned WH2O yet...a bit expensive to restore to CQ, but a great player!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

No one has mentioned WH2O yet...a bit expensive to restore to CQ, but a great player!

At this point just way out of the price range requested. I'd agree it's a great machine though.

Maybe it's just the fact that it's the maximum of my budget, but I'm really finding that the $1500 to $2000 price range has a lot of great machines. My three machines to date have been a JP, FT and JM...I don't think you'd be disappointed by any of them.

#61 6 years ago

The aesthetic quality of the games in this price range is pretty weak (excluding WW, but you'll never get one for that price.) If you can get over that, they are all great games. I'd find the first T2, HS2, or WCS available and snatch it up. Most are going for over $2k, but just barely.

#62 6 years ago

Actually Chubtoad, I'd disagree about the aesthetic quality of games in this range being weak; granted, there are a lot of games based on crappy 90s movies, but I find Fish Tales to be one of the more aesthetically pleasing pins out there, even moreso than a lot of the higher-dollar games; it just doesn't have the deepest gameplay (but the video mode is fun and cheesy.) Getaway is still available around $2k, even in decent shape, and I find it very pleasing to the eye (though, superchargers, Lambos, and giant full-playfield tachometers do it for me.) Judge Dredd has some pretty badass art; my friends that're into comics think it's one of the best looking pins they've seen, especially compared to the new Stern/Marvel pins.

That said, I strongly agree with your choice of games in that price range.

#63 6 years ago

I agree with you on the Judge Dredd artwork. Thats one does look pretty sweet.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I agree with you on the Judge Dredd artwork. Thats one does look pretty sweet.

It didn't do it for me at first, 'til my buddies that're into comics started pointing out stuff, and then I appreciated it a whole lot more. It's nice that the game can still be had at such reasonable prices; one of the coolest machines out there, and it's still about the cheapest DMDs you can find.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyM88:

Great suggestions so far. My buddy has a T2 and keeps raving about it. I have watched videos and it looks awesome. I have heard so many good things about WCS, although the theme of it just doesn't do it for me.

Really? I haven't heard many people complain about the build quality. Hmmm is it that bad? Is it because it is a DE machine? I have heard their quality just isn't on par with "the big boys"

TFTC felt clunky to me that why I got rid of it.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

yes. TFTC is probably the best horror theme pin ever. FREDDY is fun, but it's kinda shallow; a lot of the same shots (hit the furnace over and over), DMD just does animations where in TFTC there's some interaction (mode there you choose doors for bonuses). i'd love a FREDDY if i could find one for cheap, but would probably just sell it in a year anyways.

Better then BSD ??? no way man!

#67 6 years ago

JD and DM or save up a bit more for TS or Congo

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Better then BSD ??? no way man!

yes. BSD is themed from a sub part horror/romance flick from the 90s. TFTC is themed from a groovy TV show filled with blood and boobs and is about the classic horror comics. BSD can only ride on stackable multiball fame for so long...

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

At this point just way out of the price range requested.

I did realize that WH2O had appreciated in value so much.
--

#70 6 years ago

I have three DMD games:

World Cup Soccer '94
Judge Dredd
Demolition Man

I purchased all in the $1400-$1600 range in the last year or two. I think the WCS94 has the most staying power as it's easy for beginners but it also has some depth to get to the World Cup Final match. My daughter really loves the DM and using the gun handles but I find it quite simple to master. JD is challenging and I haven't quite figured it all out yet so it's not for your average player.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

yes. BSD is themed from a sub part horror/romance flick from the 90s. TFTC is themed from a groovy TV show filled with blood and boobs and is about the classic horror comics. BSD can only ride on stackable multiball fame for so long...

Wow really? I got bored with the tftc clone modes of Taf and the use do the ramps is nill.
I love the stackable multi ball, the mist is dope as hell, and the call outs are the best! I'll start a poll on a forum and let pinside decide.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Wow really? I got bored with the tftc clone modes of Taf and the use do the ramps is nill.
I love the stackable multi ball, the mist is dope as hell, and the call outs are the best! I'll start a poll on a forum and let pinside decide.

it's what'evs. BSD is just one of those games i can't get into, and i've tried several times. i also love the art and more over the top horror theme of TFTC. it's all that personal preference and what not.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

it's what'evs. BSD is just one of those games i can't get into, and i've tried several times. i also love the art and more over the top horror theme of TFTC. it's all that personal preference and what not.

Agreed. BSD is kind of boring to me.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

This dude must have never stacked all 3! Those Castle Jackpots are massive! Awesome game. BSD is one of those grueling games that takes a lot of time and effort to get anywhere.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I did realize that WH2O had appreciated in value so much.

In that case...care to sell you WH20

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed. BSD is kind of boring to me.

Quoted from Dommer:

Have either of you ever owned this pin? This isnt a pin you can get into playing once in a while at your local arcade.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'll start a poll on a forum and let pinside decide.

ok let the contest begin! where's the thread??

#78 6 years ago

I currently have WCS, BSD, and FT. All 3 are great. I recently sold HS2 and I love cars!

WCS is so much fun for everyone, young and old. I don't care for actual soccer, on TV or in person. However, I love how soccer is integrated into this machine. Yellow card for warnings, red card for TILT. Just love hearing GOAL!!!! Also, it's a neat concept trying to score goals at the top of the PF and you protect your goal with the flippers. Getting to the World Cup isn't impossible, but not something you will get frequently either. My record is 11 goals during final match.

BSD, I'm still getting used to this game. It's difficult, easy to drain on both sides and down the middle, even though I have the regular flippers on mine. But when you get a good game going, man is it fun.

FT: Another one that is so upbeat and happy. Very fun to play. It's not a super deep rule set, but man, I love the artwork, the game play, the sounds. Just everything about it makes me smile.

I would look at the bang for the buck list and pick up any DMD game, trade it out when you tire of it.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Have either of you ever owned this pin? This isnt a pin you can get into playing once in a while at your local arcade.

Never owned it no. I have played it enough times to know I'd rather not own it...to each their own.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never owned it no. I have played it enough times to know I'd rather not own it...to each their own.

Yeah we all have different tastes. It is insanely awesome though when you stack all 3 multiballs and lock 2 or 3 balls in the castle and hit that jackpot shot for like 500 million that is sweet! And killing dracula is awesome! The lights go crazy, dracula gets staked and he screams and the volume gets crazy loud. This game to me is to awesome.

#81 6 years ago

TS, JM, SG, Congo, BSD, TFTC, HS2, WCS, DWHO, JP, BMF, FT, DH, NF, DM, SW, WW, Taxi, HS, PB.

all good games in the 2.5K or less range.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

My SST that I have listed for sale!
In all seriousness:
WWFRR
LWJP
SST
Getaway
Goldeneye
T2
Jackbot

if you can find one golden eye is a great pin under 2k. not too many of them out there but they usually sell for 1600-2200 range depending on condition. im surprised they dont go for more considering how few were made and how great the game is.

getaway, jm, wcs, dr who, fishtales, t2, flinstones, shadow, nf are also great in the relative same price range although some are getting hard to find under 2k these days.

#83 6 years ago

dont think your gonna find a decent congo or wh2o for 1500-2k but anything is possible

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

In that case...care to sell you WH20

Nah...it's a keeper. And...I haven't gotten to vacation jackpot yet...
--

#85 6 years ago

I have a couple leads on some machines

$2300 for Baywatch in amazing condition
$2200 for JP, not sure of condition yet
$2500 for TFTC in amazing condition

any of these good prices? should I try to bargain to lower prices?

Thanks

#86 6 years ago

I'd say 90% of the Jackbots out there go for $1500-2000. It's a great game, nobody knows it though. Well... B_R knows...

#87 6 years ago

wcs 94 is by far one of the best bang for buck games ever made PERIOD. I think its jpops best actually. Its got everything you could ever want in a game.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from SummerGirl144:

I agree, I got that pinball at my home!

HAVE...you HAVE that pinball...jesus christ. Just ONCE... ONCE...I would like to see some posts from my home state that don't make us look like hicks. Please.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

HAVE...you HAVE that pinball...jesus christ. Just ONCE... ONCE...I would like to see some posts from my home state that don't make us look like hicks. Please.

You may have to move to a different state...

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'd say 90% of the Jackbots out there go for $1500-2000. It's a great game, nobody knows it though. Well... B_R knows...

Shhh!!

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyM88:

I have a couple leads on some machines
$2300 for Baywatch in amazing condition
$2200 for JP, not sure of condition yet
$2500 for TFTC in amazing condition
any of these good prices? should I try to bargain to lower prices?
Thanks

I'd say about $500 less for both BW and TFTC. Maybe JP as well, depending on condition.

#92 6 years ago

i'm also having issues finding a pin with DMD for around 2k. I am looking to go around 2800.

#93 6 years ago

I just picked up a JM for under 2k and it's really a sweet game for the money.

Most I've seen are very faded but the playfields are almost always in great shape.

"Power Down" just might be my new favorite mode in all of pinball. Not easy to get to either.

#94 6 years ago

sorry, pdx, are you looking for a "nicer" one than the one you have? I am... kinda.

#96 6 years ago

JM and JP are in my collection so they get my votes. Depending on the day, JP > JM but I usually side JM > JP.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

wcs 94 is by far one of the best bang for buck games ever made PERIOD. I think its jpops best actually.

The only thing I'm not thrilled with it is the return orbit on the right side. But that's nit picking...it's an awesome game all around fo sho.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from policano:

i'm also having issues finding a pin with DMD for around 2k. I am looking to go around 2800.

You're not looking hard enough. Or in the right places. Really.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Agreed...and definitely in that price range.

Even in craaaa-aaazy CA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside