(Topic ID: 48570)

Best DMD machine in $1500-2000 range?

By AnthonyM88

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I am looking for me next (2nd) pinball machine to add to my collection in about the $1500-2000 range. I have posted about a TFTC machine, I am really looking for that machine to add to my collection, but I was just wondering what other machines are roughly in the same price range that are good?

The main things I am looking for are theme, sound and art work....and variety of shots/things to do on the playfield. I LOVE the theme of TFTC, everything about it screams early 90's cheese, and I LOVE it. I also love games with an awesome DMD. My only game right now is F14 Tomcat, which has just a basic display, so I want something that has some awesome animations and stuff going on while you're playing. At the same time, I want some gameplay that will hold my attention for a little while.

Anyways, as of right now I am looking for TFTC, but I want some other options in the similar price range. Thanks in advance

#2 11 years ago

T2 IMO. Awesome flow. Good callouts. Just an all around awesome game in that price range.

#3 11 years ago

WCS and Demolition Man all day long

#4 11 years ago
#5 11 years ago

I own T2 and owned TFTC. I love the theme of Tales but the build quality is lacking, it just feels cheap. I think T2 is nicer looking and has an overall better feel. The rules are not as deep, but I play PS3 games for depth and pinball for fun.

#6 11 years ago

Great suggestions so far. My buddy has a T2 and keeps raving about it. I have watched videos and it looks awesome. I have heard so many good things about WCS, although the theme of it just doesn't do it for me.

Quoted from ashburton:

I love the theme of Tales but the build quality is lacking, it just feels cheap. I think T2 is nicer looking and has an overall better feel

Really? I haven't heard many people complain about the build quality. Hmmm is it that bad? Is it because it is a DE machine? I have heard their quality just isn't on par with "the big boys"

#7 11 years ago

Want 90's cheese?

Baywatch screams it and has an extra large DMD ... but plays great, imho.

WWF:RR might fit in this category too. But it is also a really fun player with shaker motor.

Stargate might fall into the 'cheese' category too, depending on your perspective. Also a great player.

#8 11 years ago

With the way we have been pricing our sales lately, are there ANY DMD pin left under $2k?

#9 11 years ago

Yeah, you probably won't even be able to get an EXCELLENT T2 for under $2k. But, I'd still try to find one. Cool game, nice mods available. Good theme, and AWESOME looking playfield!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Baywatch screams it and has an extra large DMD ... but plays great, imho.

YES! I have looked into this machine, never played it, but it looks totally awesome! This is right up my alley with regards to cheesy theme

OTTOgd, know of anyone selling any machines in Brampton/Mississauga/GTA?

T2 is getting a lot of love.

#11 11 years ago

A nice JM was just posted here on pinside for $1900. I would grab that if it's not already sold.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-very-nice-condition-johnny-mnemonic-190000-southern-nh

#12 11 years ago

and of course wpt although so many complain about the "art".

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

you probably won't even be able to get an EXCELLENT T2 for under $2k

Not every game has to be "EXCELLENT"

#14 11 years ago

HS2. I love this machine, my wife hates the music.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyM88:

Great suggestions so far. My buddy has a T2 and keeps raving about it. I have watched videos and it looks awesome. I have heard so many good things about WCS, although the theme of it just doesn't do it for me.

Really? I haven't heard many people complain about the build quality. Hmmm is it that bad? Is it because it is a DE machine? I have heard their quality just isn't on par with "the big boys"

I LOVE my WCS, to the point that I decided I'd rather keep it than my CV. It's that good, and I am not a soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination.

Can't speak for TFTC, but I also own a WWFRR, another DE, and it's built like a tank. Definitely does not feel cheap to me. I've owned some Sterns that have felt cheap (TSPP) and others that have not (POTC), so I know what a cheap feeling game is. WWFRR is far from that.

#18 11 years ago

T2, WCS, SST many others if you can find them not marked up 200%

#19 11 years ago

I bought Dirty Harry a couple months ago and its the bomb diggity! Clint Eastwood is a bad ass. Game is pretty violent and its challenging.

#20 11 years ago

TS, BSD and T2. Although the price market is beginning to catch up with these titles, they still can be had for the 2k mark and in very good condition as well. Just keep your ear to rail because something always does come along.

#21 11 years ago

My SST that I have listed for sale!

In all seriousness:

WWFRR
LWJP
SST
Getaway
Goldeneye
T2
JackBot

#22 11 years ago

anybody else got love for dirty harry? what up?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

anybody else got love for Dirty Harry? what up?

I played DH and really didn't enjoy it much. Not for me I guess. To each his own though!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Dirty Harry is a great game. I would love to own one. I have seen 2 for sale in MN recently, both in good shape but they were both above $2000. More along $2300 range.

#25 11 years ago

ya true that, prices be going up errrywhere

#26 11 years ago

I have T2 and DM. Both great machines in that range. I'm gonna sell T2, but the only reason is I have AC/DC on the way.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

For sure! If you can find it the 2Gs it's totally worth it.

#28 11 years ago

WCS, it's a great pin.

#29 11 years ago

Jurassic park? Fun game creeping up over 2k though I think

#30 11 years ago

JP can still be had under 2K

#31 11 years ago

Jack*Bot!

#32 11 years ago

I'd say WCS and NBAFB.

#33 11 years ago

Jackbot!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

JP can still be had under 2K

Not in Pinside's marketplace as of this writing. I agree, you can occasionally find a well worn copy for under $2k today, but it appears that most folks selling these in good or better condition want slightly north of $2k... With the price rise of A titles, comes the slower rise of B titles.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Not in Pinside's marketplace as of this writing.

Who the f*#$ would ever buy anything from the markup hounds on this site?

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Who the f*#$ would ever buy anything from the markup hounds on this site?

Hey now!

#37 11 years ago

I like Fish Tales and you can still find them hovering just over $2K

#38 11 years ago

My vote would be for Demo Man.

#39 11 years ago

There's no such thing as a 1500 dollar dmd pin with this group. You might be able to score an em that needs repair for that range.

#40 11 years ago

DE Star Wars without an autographed backglass.

Jackbot!

#41 11 years ago

I have a TFTC, Johnny Mnemonic, and Judge Dredd, which are all roughly the same non-$1400 price and all very good and very different, cheesy games. My order of preference is JD, TFTC, JM. TFTC is great (probably my favorite theme out of all of my games) but the frequently mentioned issues with code feeling not 100% drop it down out of #1, that and all the seizure-inducing flashing. Hard to go wrong with any of those games though.

#42 11 years ago

Maybe save up another couple hundred and get

Bram Stokers Dracula
Fish Tales
The Shadow

All of those are awesome!

#43 11 years ago

Don't overlook flintstones.
A lot of cool features throughout that game and usually around 2k.

#44 11 years ago

Dr Who
Freddy Nightmare On Elm Street
Demo Man
Alvin G Al's Garage Band
a decent Judge Dredd

#45 11 years ago

The Getaway: High Speed II all day long! One of Steve Ritchie's best pins...

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

The Getaway: High Speed II all day long! One of Steve Ritchie's best pins...

I agree, I got that pinball at my home!

#47 11 years ago

thanks for all the replies so far! I love looking up videos of these new machines that I haven't really known before, so I appreciate it.

Out of all the videos I have seen so far today, JD and WCS have impressed me the most, and seem like awesome machines. Baywatch looks awesome and have the cheese factor down pat! JP also has awesome theme and seems pretty fun. WWFRR looks like so much fun and will bring back tons of memories of wrestling when I was younger. TFTC is still the machine I am after due to it's theme, but these others are all great!

#48 11 years ago

Congo

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

My SST that I have listed for sale!
In all seriousness:
WWFRR
LWJP
SST
Getaway
Goldeneye
T2
Jackbot

Very good list, although I'd take a T3 over a T2 for a few more dollars, all week long. I despise the side cannon shot in T2 and its importance in scoring.

I would also add WPT if you want a great,flowing, strategic, awesome-sounding game with some of the best shot-by-shot strategy of any pin ever made.

It saddens me a bit that criteria such as theme, sound, artwork are placed ahead of playability/fun-factor/variety of shots.But I seem to be in the minority here, placing the fun factor and playability of a game far above trivial decorations like artwork, aftermarket toys, LEDs, frilly toppers, etc. Pinballs are for playing in my world.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It saddens me a bit that criteria such as theme, sound, artwork are placed ahead of playability/fun-factor/variety of shots.But I seem to be in the minority here, placing the fun factor and playability of a game far above trivial decorations like artwork, aftermarket toys, LEDs, frilly toppers, etc. Pinballs are for playing in my world.

It may just be the newbie in me, but to me a pinball machine must have all the elements. Of course a horrible playing pinball with a sexy coat of paint will go unplayed after about a week, but at the same time, I think an average playing pin with a sexy coat of paint will make it that much better. Pinballs must make you smile every time you turn it on, and all the gimmicks that go with it just add to the charm. I agree that it must play well, but I think some of the machines listed so far have the theme and the gameplay. But thanks for your input

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-dmd-machine-in-1500-2000-range and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.