(Topic ID: 320723)

Best designer to lead pinball into the future??

By Hulk7979

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Hulk7979
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62200858-6254-43A4-B89F-276E7C952100 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Eric Meunier
    Whose 2nd?

#2 1 year ago

All-day Elwin

Meunier – second

#3 1 year ago

How old is Elwin?

#4 1 year ago

Jon Norris?

#5 1 year ago

How old is Elwin?
    Norris?

#6 1 year ago

Keith and Eric by a landslide and it isn't even close for me. I'd never bought a JJP game until Eric came along and now the only two JJP games I have are his. With Keith, I am drawn in to every game he puts out. I've had Iron Maiden and I have Jurassic Park and I would easily buy Avengers and/or Godzilla if space and money allowed. I love the way they design games with the player in mind, their games just connect with me.

Quoted from Hulk7979:

How old is Elwin?

Keith is 50, but you would never think that unless you were told.

#7 1 year ago

Jack Danger! Best chance of a designer to move things into the future in my opinion. We will see what he can do!

#8 1 year ago

Hopefully Jack Danger’s first design is a hit. He’s relatively young and should be designing for awhile if he’s got it. I hope so! I think Elwin is in his early 50s now? Hopefully he designs for a couple more decades because he’s crushed all his layouts to date.

Personally I think Eric is 1 for 2 so far with layouts. Pirates is pretty cool but GNR is very blah to shoot. I don’t like the game personally but I think there are some good things about it. The layout is not one of those good things.

#9 1 year ago

It’s Keith and Jack danger; Eric was phenomenal on pirates not so much on gnr, but not his fault there they stripped that game apart on him

#10 1 year ago

I’m a Danger fan, but it’s Eric and then Elwin.
    In that order and nobody else is close.

#11 1 year ago

Eric has plenty of time to make your statement true, but I wouldn't put money on that becoming reality

#12 1 year ago

IMHO, George Gomez because he manages all of the Stern game designers. I believe he assigns themes to designers and that has an affect for sure, on their ownership of the game design and enthusiasm as well. Also has an affect on designer job satisfaction for long term commitment to working there. And as we all know George is a top designer as well.

#13 1 year ago

Honorable mention but certain to be overlooked here is Stephen Silver at Multimorphic (P3)

#14 1 year ago

ELWIN.
    The GOAT

#15 1 year ago

Nick Baldridge.

#16 1 year ago

I hear this guy Elwin is kind of ok.
    62200858-6254-43A4-B89F-276E7C952100 (resized).jpeg62200858-6254-43A4-B89F-276E7C952100 (resized).jpeg

#17 1 year ago

If I was God I would make my first act as God the production of more JJP Pirates games.

#18 1 year ago

#19 1 year ago

Elwin number one. Don’t feel there is a close second to him currently.

#20 1 year ago

Scott Danesi.

#21 1 year ago

I think Escher Lefkoff will be a great designer at some point.

#22 1 year ago

Elwin.

#23 1 year ago

whoever makes the first Hip Hop or current POP music pin gets my vote. hopeful elwin or jack or scott.

#24 1 year ago

GWJ hands down!

#25 1 year ago

Elwin and it's already happened

#26 1 year ago

Elwin for sure!
    Jack Danger could be a good one. He’s a super guy and good pinball player!
    Brian Eddy!

#27 1 year ago

Really looking forward to what Jack Danger, Mark Seiden and Ryan McQuaid will bring to the table(s). But which designer is leading pinball into the future? Elwin.

#28 1 year ago

Benjamin Heckendorn?

#29 1 year ago

I think there’s more room for improvement in the engineering department than design. I’d like to see more cool creative new mechs in games now that they cost in the $10k range.

#30 1 year ago

JJP should be ashamed of themselves for charging 12k and putting almost nothing in their games

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from sullivcd40:

I think Escher Lefkoff will be a great designer at some point.

Could not agree more. I was just talking to friends saying he will be the next top designer!

#32 1 year ago

Lefkoff?

#33 1 year ago

Lefkoff????

#34 1 year ago

Although he doesn't design individual games, the answer to this question is Gerry Stellenberg.

#35 1 year ago

Probably people no one has yet heard of.

All the current designers are, well, to be polite, past it! They are mostly ready to retire and are starting to fall off the perch!

For pinball to survive we need new talent AND we need to support and nurture that talent so they are able to grow and become designers every bit as good as the current crop.

Not every design by Richie (either of them) was good or even passable BUT they were allowed to grow and became brilliant at the end of the day.

Let's give new designers a chance or it will be 'Game Over'.

#36 1 year ago

Good point.

I have a soft spot for Brian Eddy...because of the titles he has been involved with and he just seems like a great easy going non headswell guy. Thanks Brian for all the stuff you have done.

#37 1 year ago

Well said

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-designer-to-lead-pinball-into-the-future?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.