IMG_3720-156.JPG
IMG_3721.JPG
IMG_3733.JPG
IMG_3731.JPG
IMG_3725.JPG
IMG_3723.JPG
IMG_3719.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aladdin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just gambled and bought an Elektra sight unseen for a good price. How could I not after this description from the owner-
"hi there... it's called ELEKTRA ... all of the electronics and springs work ... it just sat for too long for the rubber bands to work proper so... it'll need an over hall on the rubber bands... it's super rad tho... she talks to you and diamonds come out of her vagina... any who ... make an offer... trades welcome... thanks "

Stay tuned! I pick it up later this week!

#2 10 years ago

Elektra shows up today, the seller was 2.5 hours away and is delivering it! $400 bucks sight unseen! Crazy I know, but the gamble is fun seeing that if it's a POS, at least I can part it out and recoup some of the dough. Stay tuned!!!!!! Photos coming!

#4 10 years ago

Well, here's what you get for sight unseen and delivered! Not too bad, here's the good and the ugly, keep in mind I have not plugged it in yet seeing that the cord was hacked down to a two prong plug. I'm actually glad it's not in pristine condition as I am beginning to enjoy restoring these things! What is wrong with me!

Pinsiders, if you see something below and have a good tip or link to a "guide" please do!

Good:
-Boards intact and all there. No acid damage!
-Backglass is good with exception to one bubble, but the artwork is still there so spraying triple thick then pressing with a book should work I guess? (I'll have to study up on that)
-upper, and lower Playfield surface isn't bad, only a few inserts need to be glued back in place
-Coin Door was locked but I used another key to jimmy it open! No drilling!
-came with four legs and playfield glass!
-NO RAT NEST!
--EDIT after plugging it in--
-All six flippers work
-Game boots, GI and Feature lights work, voice works, game sound works in test mode, plays and the lower pf kicks in

Bad:
-Cabinet art is very poor
-Cabinet is coming apart in the back
-Head is being held up via a tension strap due to the cabinet separation
-Several targets need to be replaced
-one display basically fell out of the back box
-several plastics broken, very warped plastics in the upper pf
-plug was replaced with two prong. One fuse is wrapped with aluminum foil
-all displays will most likely have to be replaced

IMG_3717.JPGIMG_3717.JPGIMG_3718.JPGIMG_3718.JPGIMG_3719.JPGIMG_3719.JPGIMG_3723.JPGIMG_3723.JPGIMG_3725.JPGIMG_3725.JPGIMG_3731.JPGIMG_3731.JPGIMG_3733.JPGIMG_3733.JPG

#7 10 years ago

Here's inside the headIMG_3721.JPGIMG_3721.JPG

#10 10 years ago

more pics for those who "gotta have more pinball"
one pic is of the bg bubble

IMG_3720-156.JPGIMG_3720-156.JPG IMG_3726.JPGIMG_3726.JPG IMG_3734.JPGIMG_3734.JPG
#12 10 years ago

So I guess I need to move this over to a restoration thread. The first step is removing the pf and fixing the cab.
I'm going to wait to plug her in until after restoring the cab and pf. So starts my journey. So much fun!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

Wow, makes the one I got from bigbob on here look pristine.

I'm pretty sure mine was HUO

#15 10 years ago

Update!!! I couldn't resist, I had to fix the plug, replace the aluminum foil fuse, fix a solenoid back stop, drop the lower PF (which is soo cool) to remove old rubber and tension strap the cab to keep it together. BOOM! Lights and plays! I then turned it off and back on, BOOM! Voice! Now, I need to figure out how to get background sound? Setting 18 (03)? Unfortunately, the displays are bad so I can't tell what # the setting is at. Holy crap this is fun!

#16 10 years ago

image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg

#17 10 years ago

Found some crispyness with a resistor on the Stern SDU 100 Solenoid Pwr Board
I don't know what this one does?
image-967.jpgimage-967.jpgimage-538.jpgimage-538.jpg

#22 10 years ago

Just for you hassellcastle, I updated my good and bad above! Would you by chance know what that resistor pictured above affects?
I agree with you that someone who just wants to play the pin "out of the box" and has zero shop job skills could see that $400 is too much. Trust me, who wouldn't want a better example? However, the seller lived 2.5 hrs away in the mountains and delivered the pin right to my garage, how much is that worth in gas and time? Besides, the guy really needed the cash.
I think it was fair for a guy like me who likes to shop/restore. This is part of my learning curve and this pin will further my skills. (and I get to buy more tools!)
What I love the most is that your comment has challenged and motivated me even more! I'm going to try to take my time with this one. I do feel that I saved this one from the dump even though everything works!

BTW- this pin had a Coca, FL sticker and Tax Stickers from TX on it.

Cheers!

#23 10 years ago

Here's the BG. I put it on a red blanket son you can see the bubble. There is some bubbles on the bottom. The good is that the artwork is still there.
image-653.jpgimage-653.jpg
image-653.jpgimage-653.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Perfect, thanks wiredoug. I had a hunch that the displays were affected by this section. I have a working Stern Big Game so I'm sure I can test the displays on it. Perfect! Thanks!

1 week later
#30 10 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You mean HO.
Triple Thick is hard to work with when the artwork is coming up like that. Use Super Glue underneath the peeling art. It dries clear and will hold it flat to the glass. I use gel so that I have a little time to position the artwork where the cracks are least visible. It doesn't take much -- you don't want it squeezing out the sides and sticking to whatever you're using to hold down the artwork (i.e. your fingers!)
Bill

Super Glue worked really well. YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH OR ALLOW YOUR WEIGHTS TO TOUCH THE SUPERGLUE. Gel Super Glue is good for the big flakes you can slightly pick up, reg super glue is good to get under the smaller flakes. Now to Triple Thick and Saran Wrap the rest.
Here's a photo
IMG_3806.JPGIMG_3806.JPG

#32 10 years ago

Got all the plastic off. Now I'll put them in the oven and flatten them.
image-510.jpgimage-510.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aladdin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-description-of-elektra-ever?tu=aladdin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.