(Topic ID: 320922)

Best deep code and wizard mode, non Elwin games

By NoSkills

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

I’m looking to add to my collection and looking for opinions on what games to try on location in case I’m missing something I could love at home.

I have the Elwin quartet and for me they’re just miles above anything else for enjoyment and satisfaction (also frustration at times!)

So im looking for something that has deep code, a great main wizard mode and some good mini wizard modes along the way. A super wizard mode and different ways to approach the game would be bonuses. A great main wizard mode for me would be a little story or battle like battle the beast, escape nublar etc, not just hit the jackpot shots until you light the super jackpot, although that would be fine for a mini wizard mode.

What do people suggest?
    Thanks

#2 1 year ago

The games you seek are "Lord of the Rings" and "Simpson Pinball Party". Both super deep games from 2003 when Stern was on the verge of collapse. If you want something deep and hard to beat with plenty of mini wizard modes this is the way to go.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The games you seek are "Lord of the Rings" and "Simpson Pinball Party". Both super deep games from 2003 when Stern was on the verge of collapse. If you want something deep and hard to beat with plenty of mini wizard modes this is the way to go.

Thanks, got both on location near me so I’ll put some time into both and have a look at the rules to see what takes my fancy. Neither theme is off putting either so that’s a bonus.

#4 1 year ago

#world-poker-tour is a great Steve Richie design with Keefer code.

#the_walking_dead_le has multiple mini wizard modes (Terminus, Siege, Horde) that all have completely different objectives to get there. Last Man Standing is the wizard modes. Almost no one will ever see them, even in a four ball game. You’ll need to set the game up fairly easy for people to have a chance at getting there.

#the-hobbit and Wizard of Oz also have very deep code with multiple mini wizard modes.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

World Poker Tour is a great Steve Richie design with Keefer code.
    The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) has multiple mini wizard modes (Terminus, Siege, Horde) that all have completely different objectives to get there. Last Man Standing is the wizard modes. Almost no one will ever see them, even in a four ball game. You’ll need to set the game up fairly easy for people to have a chance at getting there.
    The Hobbit and Wizard of Oz also have very deep code with multiple mini wizard modes.

Thanks for more suggestions! Walking Dead I definitely need to read the rules again before I play, I’ve played it before and had no idea what I was meant to be doing and despite playing for a while I didn’t seem to make much progress. World poker tour probably gets a pass just due to theme.

JJP games I probably need to give another chance, they’ve never really clicked with me but I haven’t put a lot of time into them either.

#6 1 year ago

Check out Houdini, you will have a really deep code and many mini wizard modes, also this game is pretty hard.
    Because many people are bad players the reviews are bad for no reason. The price is kinda low...
    I like mine a lot.

Greetings Dan

#7 1 year ago

Star Wars is amazing lots of modes four planets sets of modes and each has a mini mode (multi-ball) at the end plus pick your character adds re-playability

BM66 is very deep (lots of modes)

TWD (I have the pro)

TSPP is amazing (should not have sold it)

I did own LotR and was great but to me too long game time

#8 1 year ago

don't forget about Alien. I saw a standard on the Market here for $7800 which isn't bad for that game; if widebody is something you'd be interested in. Great code. 2 mini wizards and a final wizard. Nice selection of modes (I think 10). Several multiball types. Use of action button for guns. Still not many of them out there but a great game, very well coded indeed.

#9 1 year ago

TWD premium is the best coded game in the history of pinball. I own Godzilla premium and it is pretty close. I also own AIQ premium and it is a step down.

#10 1 year ago

Keith's stuff for sure. Hobbit, TSPP, LotR, World Poker Tour, etc.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks, got both on location near me so I’ll put some time into both and have a look at the rules to see what takes my fancy. Neither theme is off putting either so that’s a bonus.

Check this rule map for TSPP. I didn't create it, credit to chchand

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #12 1 year ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Check this rule map for TSPP. I didn't create it, credit to chchand[quoted image]

Let me just go find my microscope. I can’t read that even with my reading glasses.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Let me just go find my microscope. I can’t read that even with my reading glasses.

chchand has made it available for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9hwkgrsiu959v/TSPP%20Rules%20v3.1.pdf?dl=0

#14 1 year ago

Star Wars is the way to go. Have to plug the premium.

Tspp has deep code but the second mega wizard mode is next to impossible to get to

Twd is great

Game of thrones isn’t necessarily deep compared to others but there are so many combinations and strategies to get to the wizard mode . Definitely worth a look.

#15 1 year ago

Thanks. I owned TSPP for several years, and before I sold it I stuffed up the outlanes and set to 10 balls to go through all the code. Keith’s code is incredibly deep but I think Lyman’s is deep enough and just a bit more fun.

#16 1 year ago

Woz that’s got a ton of stuff to do.

Still love AcDc

I know it’s a lot of shoot the blinky shots but Stern ST is great with a ton of modes.

#17 1 year ago

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. Got a few games to try on location, read rules for and probably watch some videos of as I find getting deep into games harder on location so need to see a bit of the later games. I think LotR, TWD, TSPP and SThings are top of the list to seek out, play and learn more about but I appreciate all the other suggestions too and may check them out if none of those appeal

#18 1 year ago

World Poker Tour… I hate the theme but fell in love with the game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-deep-code-and-wizard-mode-non-elwin-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.