2012-05-04_19.08.55.jpg
2012-05-04_17.14.01.jpg
chaz-bono-1-300.jpg
f277af7db830d2b99032428f65e85712.jpg
photo(3).JPG
photo(8).JPG
ACDC_Pro_Right.JPG
ACDCPRem.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Gweems TOTAN is very nice Bojo.

#52 11 years ago

I have been playing pretty much nothing but AC/DC since I brought it home last week. I spent nearly all of Saturday in the game room working on the machines and getting everything in tip-top shape. Everybody played pinball for a good two hours that night, and someone was ALWAYS on AC/DC at any given time. It is a huge hit around here.

I got the itch to go back to a little X-Men today, and that AC/DC makes you better. Not to mention, I got my BSD running again (Fliptronics board issue/waiting for parts while it was down), and played it quite a bit yesterday, too. Spend several hours on AC/DC and BSD, and whatever machine you move to next is far easier.

#53 11 years ago

tell us, why you feel the premium is much better than pro? I have not played either, but it seems like a big difference?

#54 11 years ago

The pro doesn't have the cannon, the lower PF and the crossover from the left to the right ramp. Plus, the light show on the Premium and LE is stellar, in comparison. It's way more of a difference than the TRON Pro vs. LE.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The pro doesn't have the cannon

It doesnt??? You may wanna look again.

#56 11 years ago

Pro has a canon lol but the drop targets real bell and light show make such a difference its like chalk and cheese to me and there's even an extra lower PF which I love and is an awesome part of the game.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The pro doesn't have the cannon, the lower PF and the crossover from the left to the right ramp. Plus, the light show on the Premium and LE is stellar, in comparison. It's way more of a difference than the TRON Pro vs. LE.

have played both,and think they are GREAT, but the there is NO WAY, that a Premium or LE, is FASTER than the PRO that I own. AND it even has a cannon!

#58 11 years ago

Nice pick up!

Quoted from grh450:

have played both,and think they are GREAT, but the there is NO WAY, that a Premium or LE, is FASTER than the PRO that I own. AND it even has a cannon!

It's drop targets vs. stand ups IMO. As we all likely know, stand ups in this game tend to keep the ball momentum alive and bounce the ball right back in an opposing direction compared to drop targets (not that drop targets can't be brutal...look at Transformers LE).

Otherwise I think Premium/LE is definitely the way to go on this one. I think Pro owners still got a good game, but damn, this is why I really dislike gameplay differences between models. The action on the bell, the drop targets and the under playfield are pretty significant IMO. Premium AC/DC is replacing SpiderMan as my must have Ritchie/Stern.

#59 11 years ago

Gambit meant Bell not cannon !

#60 11 years ago

Yeah. Working bell on the Premium/LE. Not Cannon. Sorry bout that.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Have played both,and think they are GREAT, but the there is NO WAY, that a Premium or LE, is FASTER than the PRO that I own.

No. The pro is faster. No doubt about it. It's insane the way the ball ricochets off those standups. The pro is definitely one of the fastest games I can think of.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's insane the way the ball ricochets off those standups.

yep

#63 11 years ago

I was thinking of picking up an Xmen, but now I might have to pick up an ACDC also.

Trent is an awesome dude indeed, gamebit3113.

#64 11 years ago

I had both and long term I went with Pro with LOTS of upgrades. One main reason is the reliability. Pro is rock solid and simple to work on. SAME basic game strategy and rules. for 2K less. Drop targets would stick or not go down sometimes. Drove me nuts. Bell would not always register a hit on LE.

Second is pure blinding speed and flow. Pro is a players machine. No BS about it. Its here to make you a better more controlled player.

With extra $$ buy in this order.

1. FULL flipper fidelity sys. It is louder, fuller and better then stock Premium 130.00
2. LEDS. Lots of Blue and Red. Try and match the LE pattern as best as possibble. 40.00
3. BELL Mod 30.00 Must have.
4. Invisiglass 300.00 STUNNING.
5. Shaker motor 175.00 Pro is lighter and shakers more.
6. Pin cab protectors Stern 40.00
7. FINALLY the Premium Red Trim and Legs.

Either way its a great pin. So dont knock the Pro.

ACDC_Pro_Right.JPGACDC_Pro_Right.JPG photo(8).JPGphoto(8).JPG

#65 11 years ago

What's the difference between the Pro with the bell mod and the premium's bell? Or is it the same?

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What's the difference between the Pro with the bell mod and the premium's bell? Or is it the same?

I believe on the mod the bell swings and hits a standup target. The ball can not get behind it to a saucer like in the premium.

#67 11 years ago

I've played both and the Premium/LE is definitely the way to go on this one!! Nothing wrong with the Pro, but the Premium/LE is just better.. as it should be for the extra money.

#68 11 years ago

Which way to go depends on 2 things. Budget and play style.

You have the money and like drop targets. Premium LE.
Your a tournament player, like a challenge or only want to drop 4500. Pro.

photo(3).JPGphoto(3).JPG

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

tell us, why you feel the premium is much better than pro? I have not played either, but it seems like a big difference?

Giant Angus face sneering at you as if to say "Hey, I'm just here to cover up a feature you don't get to play with"

#70 11 years ago

That feature gets redundant after a month or two. And will keep you lifting the playfield more times then you can shake a flipper at. Try dropping and reinstalling the lower playfield by yourself.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Try dropping the lower playfield by yourself

I've only done this once to fix a flipper rubber that fell off, (glued back on w/hairspray), and I don't see what the big deal is about doing it alone. Unplug the connectors, remove four screws and it's out. Are people trying to do this without disconnecting the connectors? What's so hard about it?

#72 11 years ago

I get the "quicker play = pro", but I'm not really following the "tournament player = pro is the way to go" perspective. I'm sure the under playfield gets repetitive with home use, but I think it's still a pretty strategic feature in competitive play (whatever song strat you're building + risk free scoring/progress when down there). This is why I dislike gameplay differences.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I get the "quicker play = pro", but I'm not really following the "tournament player = pro is the way to go" perspective. I'm sure the under playfield gets repetitive with home use, but I think it's still a pretty strategic feature in competitive play (whatever song strat you're building + risk free scoring/progress when down there). This is why I dislike gameplay differences.

Ya I agree. I know one big tournament player who much prefers the Premium/LE over the Pro.

#74 11 years ago

2000 games dropped lower PF once no big deal there and I enjoy playing the lower PF its a good way to score safely, I enjoy the pro and it is fast but the premium/LE just has everything combined into a nice smooth package well worth the extra $$$$ it all comes down to budget I suppose.

#75 11 years ago

For acdc, buying the pro is like buying IM classic. Why bother. Premium is a no brainer on this one.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats! Also: jealous!
My day will come.
Get those song/album orders down. It seems to make a difference.

Does this mean "Shoot to Thrill" could be included in future code? HUGE omission in the game IMO.

#78 11 years ago

I have reached 2000 games on my BIB and my neighbors BIB has almost 1800. This game gets played more then all my other games combined !

Jim

#79 11 years ago

I bet I haven't played 2000 games of all pins combined in the past 5 years. You ac/dc owners tempt me

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

For acdc, buying the pro is like buying IM classic. Why bother. Premium is a no brainer on this one.

I don’t agree with you at all. Not even close to the same thing.

AC/DC Pro is a very fun game. I like the LE/Perm also. But if I did not have a AC/DC at all I would still buy the pro again. The bell and lower playfield (few other things) is not worth $2,000 more to me. Each his own. I like my pro and do not wish I had a different one.

#81 11 years ago

^^+ 1 million^^

#82 11 years ago

My LTBR lower playfield window is really hazy. It didn't bother me all that much until I had to remove it to replace the left flipper rubber. With the playfield up and looking through it from the underside you can't even read ACDC on the backglass. To add insult to injury seeing the fantastic colors of the lower playfield without the blurr really bothered me. Everyone that sees the game for the first time comments on that window looking awful. Other than that I like the game and I can't wait for the software update. Definately has the potential for being the best Stern ever.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from BShing:

My LTBR lower playfield window is really hazy. It didn't bother me all that much until I had to remove it to replace the left flipper rubber. With the playfield up and looking through it from the underside you can't even read ACDC on the backglass. To add insult to injury seeing the fantastic colors of the lower playfield without the blurr really bothered me. Everyone that sees the game for the first time comments on that window looking awful. Other than that I like the game and I can't wait for the software update. Definately has the potential for being the best Stern ever.

At least all LE's are hazy imagine if they released more LE's with a clear window ours would be worth jack.

#84 11 years ago

I haven't read much on this, but do later runs of the Premium have the hazy issue? Did they figure out the issue after the LE's? If so and the LE's and Premiums share identical playfields...maybe there is hope for a replacement??

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I haven't read much on this, but do later runs of the Premium have the hazy issue? Did they figure out the issue after the LE's?

I just asked this very same question in a different thread.

#86 11 years ago

Both acdc pro and premium are good for there price point.

I also just bought stern metal cabinet decal protectors for my Pro.

My Premium was very clear.

f277af7db830d2b99032428f65e85712.jpgf277af7db830d2b99032428f65e85712.jpg

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just asked this very same question in a different thread.

Brilliant minds think alike?

#88 11 years ago

I purchased the BIB LE as my first pin ever. I gotta tell you, this game has me (and my two daughters) hooked. Number 243/300. I had a couple problems when it arrived (couple missing screws, cannon not working), but I contacted Chaz at Stern and he had me up and running in no time. 600 games and she is still pristine. My daughters are quite young, but absolutely LOVE it.
Downside is that I caught them drawing numbers on each other's butt cheeks with Crayola Markers. Those of you who own this pin know where they got that from. My buddy has the PRO version with over 2000 plays on it. Other than replacing a few bulbs, his looks absolutely NIB. I was looking at his PRO playfield last weekend when he had the glass off. I used my flashlight for a very close inspection and could not find a scratch......absolutely solid!! I honestly think I would have been just as happy with the PRO. Playing both on a regular basis, I personally feel that the PRO is faster. Anyway, congradulations on your new purchase. I was in your shoes back in June.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

My daughters are quite young, but absolutely LOVE it.
Downside is that I caught them drawing numbers on each other's butt cheeks with Crayola Markers.

Very funny how old are they?
My son was playing it tonight signing hwy to hell.
(not sure Mom was happy about that)

#90 11 years ago

Chaz is a great resource at Stern and has always been helpful.

chaz-bono-1-300.jpgchaz-bono-1-300.jpg

#91 11 years ago

I must be one of the only people in the pinball world who does not get into this game, despite numerous attempts to catch the bug.
Horses for courses I guess.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

My daughters are quite young, but absolutely LOVE it.
Downside is that I caught them drawing numbers on each other's butt cheeks with Crayola Markers.

ROTFLOL. Hilarious. You're not alone. After my 4y.o. son played it, a couple weeks later, we got feedback from our babysitter (at a church small group event, no less) that he was mooning other kids.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

After my 4y.o. son played it, a couple weeks later, we got feedback from our babysitter (at a church small group event, no less) that he was mooning other kids.

And they say video games are a bad influence on today's youth. They've got nothing on pinball ...

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Both acdc pro and premium are good for there price point.
I also just bought stern metal cabinet decal protectors for my Pro.
My Premium was very clear.

David, yours is the same as the LE's. It probably was a little streaky was it not?

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

David, yours is the same as the LE's. It probably was a little streaky was it not?

Mine was made in late May and has about the same window as AV8's does. It is a tad tintend, but when the lights are on, looks perfect. I have not seen any pix of the newest run with the mini PF lights out to judge a difference.

1 week later
#96 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats! Also: jealous!

My day will come.

And.......my day has in fact come!

I am very happy to say that I was able to trade my X-Men Magneto for an AC/DC Premium and so far I could not *possibly* be any happier!

The pin is just incredible. The new code takes it over the top. I can't stop playing it. BUTTERY SMOOTH and the contrast in feel of the shots to XM is dramatic.

AC/DC's is super fast, super smooth, with superb flow, great rules, and good risk/reward strategies. It suits my style of play to a "T".

The new color changing LEDs for the inserts are way cool. Gotta love the pink inserts for Whole Lotta Rosie!

I've played AC/DC a fair amount before and already know how much I loved it.......but getting it home and with the new code.......just amazing.

I wanted to post this here because I had the same feeling: Best decision I've made in a long time, and happy to move on from X-Men which just wasn't for me.

This pin will not be leaving any time soon, I can guarantee it!

#97 11 years ago

Good for you. I'm hoping to get an XMLE at a decent price here in a month or two

#98 11 years ago

Congrats, Rob!

I think this may be my next purchase. Unfortunately not in the budget at the moment. Anyone know how long Stern plans to run these?

#99 11 years ago

Congrats, Rob!
We enjoy our AC/DC Pro. It complements Tron an MM very nicely.

#100 11 years ago

Congrats Rob! This machine just grabs you and won't let go!

Since the new software update, it convinces me to push the start button over and over when the games finish. I sold my LOTR a while a go, thinking I would miss it... Well not a chance! This is the best game there is for me now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-decision-ive-made-in-a-long-time-acdc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.