Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mcclad
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

teaser.JPG
    image-687.jpg
    image-1289.jpg
    image-98.jpg
    image-807.jpg
    image-939.jpg
    image-307.jpg
    image-615.jpg
    image-102.jpg
    622774_10151197290028901_1435813040_o..jpg
    DSCF2057.JPG
    Picture185.jpg
    computerspace.jpg
    dance.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Me...a 500 Addams family and a 25 ebdx both in great shape.

Ken
    www.pinballrebel.com

#3 10 years ago

every pin I own, except one. LOL

#4 10 years ago

Tales of the Arabian Nights. In the fall of 1998. Bought it from a SEGA arcade in a mall the Denver Co. Because it was a SEGA arcade the TOTAN was not allowed in the arcade proper. They had it set up in the hallway. I contacted the purchasing department and ask them for a price. $ 1.795.00 quoted. The next day went to bank. Withdrew the funds. Called my girlfriend and bought the TOTAN $1,795.00. it was in excellent condition. Joy my girlfriend was not as happy as she had to carry one end of the TOTAN down a long hallway and then into my utility trailer. then we drove 60 miles back to Colorado Springs and she helped my carry it into my house. I move all my pinball with the legs on. Did not get any woopie that night.

100_0046.JPG100_0046.JPG

#5 10 years ago

I'd rather not give a specific number, but my AFM was had for less than 1/3 of its current value. It was a pretty good trade for the time, but not nearly as crazy of a deal as it would be today.

#6 10 years ago

All my pins was a steal with the exception of maybe one.

The early 90's was the best time to be in this hobby!

#7 10 years ago

I paid $200 or less for %90 of the pins I've ever owned. The other 10% were between $200 and $350.

Jason

#8 10 years ago

1400 for a heck of a STTNG, was reimport, hardly any NZ wear, NICE cabinet except for the head decals.

200 for a working Pinbot was pretty good too.

#9 10 years ago

One day I saw a Craig's List ad from a couple hundred miles away for a non working Cleopatra and I figured if I could get it fairly cheap I could make one machine out of two (I had just purchased one that went through a flood and playfield was toast). Anyway - when the guy got back to me I told him I couldn't pay a lot for his machine since I would have a full 8 hour day of driving plus fuel to go get it. He said "you don't understand it is FREE" so you don't have to pay anything for it.

I made arrangements to run to his place the next afternoon and figured I would at least give him $100 so he could take his wife out for dinner or something. He wouldn't take a dime and told me he was just happy to see someone who wanted it get it because he didn't want to just put it out to the trash.

Not a high value machine or anything but I did manage to make one super nice Cleopatra out of two machines and made a customer very very happy when they bought to from me a few months later. I didn't put it together to sell it but after it was done I decided it just didn't fit into my line up. So after playing it and enjoying it for a few months it went to a buddy of mine and he still has it.

#10 10 years ago

Not pinball, but I picked up a beat-up Area 51 for $15 at an auction. The monitor was shot but the boards were fine.

#11 10 years ago

In all seriousness, In todays market, I have done pretty good in most of my pin purchases.

My pretty close to best was the TAF that I purchased for my daughter in february of 2012. A week earlier, my daughter played TAF at the laundromat for the first time. " Daddy, I like this game, buy me an Addams Family please". Was quickest draw on a CL ad. It was a little over an hour away. Headed over with a pocket full of cash. It was pretty dirty and not 100% working.... But it had mylar on playfield, no burn, and a new DMD installed with magnet fuses too. Toasted connectors on the driver board. Spent several months cleaning it, etc. Playfield turned out very nice. not cq, but still very nice. He was asking 2800. I got it for either 2400 or 2600, I cant remember which. Either way. It was a good deal. It gets happily played regularly.

#13 10 years ago

$50 for NNG and CP

#15 10 years ago

300 for a working time machine and 300 for a bally bmx also working.

#16 10 years ago

Ask me again in 5 years

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ask me again in 5 years

Medieval Madness for $15,000? You'll be bragging about that by Christmas.

#18 10 years ago

I overpaid and undersold pretty much all my pins except maybe one. I don't belong in this club, but this is a tag; cause maybe one day...

#19 10 years ago

My next best deal will be my first best deal, ever...

#20 10 years ago

I'll flip this on it's head a bit... my $3k Space Station.

There is a longer story here, so the short version is I overpaid at auction for a game well on it's last legs, and it blew up VERY early on. Didn't know much of what I was doing, so started trying to buy parts and learn how to fix it. Put enough into it that when you combine purchase price and repair parts, it would be right around that $3k level. And the game looks like trash still, I doubt I could get $800 for it today.

But, it's my best deal because it taught me SO much. I learned what to look for when buying machines. I met a ton of friends that I still have today when I was buying parts. I learned how to repair most issues that come up on machines myself. How to "play the game" at auctions. And lots more.

If it wasn't for that "deal", I don't know what I'd have or what I would have paid for it today. That game has saved me WELL over $3k because of all of that since then.

#21 10 years ago

I got a Firepower for free that wasn't working and in the mid 90s I bought 2 KISS machines for $300. One needed a new power board one needed a new fuse. they were both FILTHY also.

#22 10 years ago

I got a williams Honey for no $ (spent 45 minutes repairing his garage door for trade) He couldnt figure out why about 5 seconds after he would start a game it would stop. I brought it home and found out the ball tilt contact was stuck closed. Quick repair and we played the heck out of it...it got me into the hobby.

#23 10 years ago

Hit a CL ad within a minute of posting and scored a $980 Funhouse. Best part was finding out I had spoken to the seller's husband numerous times on the phone at my previous job and never knew it! A great story and a after a little cleanup, a great score too! She wouldn't take a penny more even after followup callers offered upwards of $3K for it. Classy gal.

#24 10 years ago

I got a HUO TSPP for $3800 and still have it.

#25 10 years ago

This was in 2005 but..

Rush the rock alcatraz sit down racers X2
    Marvel superheroes
    Area 51
    Attila the Hun - working project
    Tekken 3
    Street Fighter II

$2200
    All worked but attila and some coin mechs.

#26 10 years ago

Picked up a real nice WH2O 2 years ago for $1,500. It was a pretty good deal then that looks like a much better deal today.

#27 10 years ago

a DH for $1500 and swaped a JB for a mint condition t3....... this is in Australia so prices are different

#28 10 years ago

Got a Mousin' Around for FREE once. That was long ago.

More recently, a LOTR for $2600.

Chris

#29 10 years ago

For a about 5 years ago, I bought a Out-run deluxe moving car arcade machine of ebay germany for about 250$ - when picking it up, they had a t2 on the floor without legs on and missing glass - I could just take it if I wanted it - naturally I did and still have it!
    It looked bad because of all the dust and dirt from missing the glass, but a perfect playfield without any wear was hiding under!

#30 10 years ago

My dad stumbled on a Williams Fire! for 50 bucks. He was at a garage sale and started talking to the nice gentleman by the house. Turns out the guy was a fire chief but had recently retired... He had TONS of collectible items related to firefighting... then he tells my dad he even has a fire machine. So my dad asks him if he was selling that as well, he said yup.... my dad asked how much and he said 50 bucks. Really nice guy. It didnt work, boards had battery damage... but after getting them fixed, and replacing a the displays, worked like charm.

#31 10 years ago

Taf £1700

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Sttng £700

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

My Tron LE for a less than a new pro.

#34 10 years ago

Already came signed back in 2009

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I got a HUO TSPP for $3800 and still have it.

Touche' I got mine for 3400 and it had 56 plays on it when I purchased it!

#38 10 years ago

I really hate reading this post, so jealous. I do it to myself though. Waiting to get lucky someday.

#39 10 years ago

I just offered someone $500 for a Taxi in good shape which he accepted. Then before I had a chance to go get it someone offered him a $1000.

Close. But no cigar.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

My TRON LE for a less than a new pro.

That's just wrong!

#42 10 years ago

Years ago I got 6 Pack of Pins:

Rocky & Bullwinkle
    Terminator 2
    Dr. Dude
    Back to the Future
    2x DE Simpsons

Total: $1300

Then I did this dance all the way home

dance.gifdance.gif

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Rocky & Bullwinkle
    Terminator 2
    Dr. Dude
    Back to the Future
    2x DE Simpsons

Hahahahaha love that dance

#44 10 years ago

Free:

A "free pinball machine" showed up on CL. I wrote an email with the subject line "Don't give that machine away it's probably worth something" and wrote a quick note saying I'd give them a little money for it.

Got an email back a day later "Hello. I received over 100 emails and yours was the only one that was honest and offered money...so I'm going to give it to you for free."

It turned out to be a sunbaked Pot O Gold. Cute little machine, pretty beat up but was thrilled to have picked it up anyway...

#45 10 years ago

Oh so many good ones...where to begin? Pinball has been good to me.

#46 10 years ago

I got a free Rolling Stones.

#47 10 years ago

Bally mystic, elektra, and skateball 300 for all 3!

#48 10 years ago

I've had my fair share. Got a working but dirty F-14 for $260 this year and a Diner earlier in the year for $300, but it needed a lot of work. My TZ was under $4k this year and my RS was a really nice price as well.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I really hate reading this post, so jealous. I do it to myself though. Waiting to get lucky someday.

I agree. This makes me sad angry.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Rocky & Bullwinkle
    Terminator 2
    Dr. Dude
    Back to the Future
    2x DE Simpsons

one question...how?

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-deal-you-ever-got and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.