(Topic ID: 221932)

Best deal ya ever got for a pin or arcade machine?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

side by side (resized).jpg
    IMG_5456 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5344 (resized).JPG
    pinbot4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mamushka.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

A buddy from work texted me and told me he had a friend with a Monopoly game he wanted to get rid of. I said no problem, what does he want for it? He said the guy wants no part of moving it and if you are willing to take it from the second floor and not damage his freshly painted walls it is yours. I said, ummm yea, I'll take it.

Guy was less than 10 miles from my house so went there as fast as I could. Enter his house and head for the room. Straight run of stairs but 180 degree turn at the top, narrow hallway with a couple of curves. See it in the room with the head down... looks pretty good. Figure that I need to remove the head and pull the playfeild. Lift the head, the game looks real good, I mean reeeeeal good. Ask the guy how long he had it. He said his parents bought it for him new. He actually recently threw away the box. Gulp...

Start looking for issues, none to be found but he said a "flipper" was not working. I pull it apart and get it loaded up. We start talking after it is in the truck. He tried to sell it for $200 - $300, no takers. He then offered it for free, I was the third person that was asked... We talked about Craigslist but he did not want to deal with the freaks. I open my wallet and say at least let me buy you dinner, he said "no, I'm just glad it's gone". I eventually convince him to take $50 (all I had in my wallet).

Get it home, put it back together and really start looking at it. It is basically perfect. The game has the original batteries (zip-tie still in place) and the middle one just started to leak, the spring on the negative side has slight corrosion where it is touching the battery, about 3/4 of the spring is still bright and shiny. Game is still holding its setting so I pull the audits. Number of games, 80. No joke, 80. I clean of the dust and start really looking at the game, yea, I absolutely believe 80, this thing is stunning and he kept it in a dark room because it has zero fade. It turns out the bad "flipper" was a eject saucer that was not working, the plunger was just stuck to the rubber snubber from lack of play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mamushka.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-deal-ya-ever-got-for-a-pin-or-arcade-machine?tu=Mamushka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.