Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by stooped
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

OK here is my take. I have had all the top data east games GNR, TOMMY, TFTC, JP. I have to say of these 4 I would rate them. I am rating the game on total fun factor.
    1. TFTC
    2. JP (close second)
    3. GNR
    4. TOMMY

#2 11 years ago

TFTC hands down #1 IMHO.

#3 11 years ago

WWF RR would be up ,there too, as would LAH. Tough call on these, but the OP's 4 plus these 2 would be my top 6.

#4 11 years ago

***********NEW RANKING***********

1) Tommy
    2) Maverick
    3) Lethal Weapon
    4) Baywatch

This ranking is from the PBD archives and also current statistics/standing. It cannot be disputed or debated, sorry

PBD=Pinball Dad....lol

#5 11 years ago

No love for Phantom of the opera?

#6 11 years ago

Guns and Roses is amazing and definitely the best Data East Game to me. Great Stuff.

#7 11 years ago

Got to say GnR is freakin awesome!

#9 11 years ago

GNR is my pick

#11 11 years ago

GnR

#12 11 years ago

The soon to be released, updated, and scoring balanced Star Wars.

#13 11 years ago

Tommy

#14 11 years ago

GnR has my vote

#15 11 years ago

Welcome to the jungle baby time to die!

#16 11 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks that Total Recal pin looked like it could be awesome?! Plus it would be another Arnie pin to add to the collection. So need an expendables pin

Best data easts IMO:

LAH
    JP (close second)

#17 11 years ago

GNfR by a long shot.

#18 11 years ago

I'm a TFTC kinda guy...Tommy for#2, The GNR #3

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

Guns and Roses is amazing and definitely the best Data East Game to me. Great Stuff.

Totally agree!

#20 11 years ago

I have not played them all but owned and sold GnR and Tommy, which get my votes for #'s 1 and 2

#22 11 years ago

JP is my pick

#23 11 years ago

Tales!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

WWF RR would be up ,there too, as would LAH. Tough call on these, but the OP's 4 plus these 2 would be my top 6.

I agree. Some may find what I'm about to say silly since I've only owned my WWFRR for 5 days, so I may just be looking at it with those "newness" goggles.

I only have a 3 pin collection and WWFRR and JP are two of them, Taxi is the other. JP was my first pin, and yes, I do love it, but...

As far as fun factor goes, WWFRR completely smokes JP. Everywhere I look on WWFRR there's something blinking waiting for me to shoot. Jurassic Park is VERY limited in shots. Add in that JP can be an absolute DRAIN monster if you miss a shot. Just look at that left outlane! I consider myself a decent player and, last I checked, my average ball time on JP was something like 37 seconds.

It may also help that I absolutely love WWFRR's theme. But JP is also one of my all time favorite movies.

#26 11 years ago

GNR best for sure then Tommy none others close to those in my opinion. That said, there are definitely other solid data east pins.

#27 11 years ago

having never had the opportunity to play many of the titles, based on what I've played I would say:
    1. TFTC
    2. GNR
    3. simpsons

#28 11 years ago

wow ... LAH easily. Tommy is a solid game as well.

#30 11 years ago

I haven't played many, but when Maverick is working, it's a pretty good game.

#31 11 years ago

I'd have to say tftc or jp, (because those are the ones I own)

#32 11 years ago

Total package GNR.

LAH for fun game play

#33 11 years ago

I'm going to copy the op's list.

#34 11 years ago

I own JP, TFTC & WWF.

WWF has the most depth by far, leaps & bounds more to do.

I really want a nice LAH though...

GNR is cool but for the price? Nah, get a LAH, TFTC & WWF for the same price

#36 11 years ago

What, no love my Star Trek?

#37 11 years ago

I think TFTC has some of the best dotmation or dmd art of any pinball and is my favorite Data East. GnR second in my opinion and was a very solid earning machine and sure wish I had one back in my collection. I would pay top dollar for a CQ machine. Third for me is sort of a tie with TMNT, I loved the playfield spinner, real turtles toys and remember DE was the first in dot matrix technology and also tied for third is Rocky and Bullwinkle which had a great and distinctive sound package, loved that BSMT. Hard to imagine at one time Stern was such innovator in pinball with being the first in solid state flippers, dot matrix display and then even much larger display, easy to use backbox lock and finally digital sound which needs to make a come back!

#38 11 years ago

GnR by a mile.

#39 11 years ago

This has been discussed for years.....There was a massive poll on rgp a few years ago thousands of votes and it came down to this.

These where the top 4 in order of all time for DE.

GNR
    TOMMY
    TFTC
    JP

That was the order deemed by like 2,500 votes.

The reason why TFTC was not ahead of Tommy was the clunky ass Crypt shot. When i had mine i wanted to sand the scoop a 1/16th on the right side lol. This is the most complained thing on tftc.

*edit* before anyone says shoot better Borg admitted his cad was off a 1/8th in reality a 1/16th would have done.

#40 11 years ago

JP
    Tommy
    GNR
    SW
    Checkpoint (no love for it?)
    LW3

#41 11 years ago

I owned a GNR for over 5 years and had a Tommy, TFTC and JP in my house while my friend had his house for sale (for close to a year) and would rank them as follows:
    1a. Tommy
    1b. TFTC
    3. GNR
    4. JP

GNR is definitely my favorite theme but has the weakest rule-set of the bunch. I didn't really care for the sound/artwork on JP, but the rule-set was pretty deep and the game played well. TFTC and Tommy are definitely the cream of the Data East crop for me. I also enjoy Star Wars a lot although the game could use better rules.

#42 11 years ago

R&B because it's crazy and twisted. The music reminds me of the B movie Terror Toons.

#43 11 years ago

GnR easy

#44 11 years ago

Phantom of the Opera for the way it looks and artwork, Tommy for the way it plays, hands down best Data East

#45 11 years ago

I love Tommy & TFTC a VERY close second. I've been trying to trade my Shadow for a Tommy, no luck yet...

#46 11 years ago

TFTC wins.

#47 11 years ago

I've never owned a DE before and it's good to hear that the best rated DE pins here are GNR and TFTC both of which I will be bringing home soon

How about Time Machine? I've never played the real thing but really enjoyed playing it on my pinmame cab and love how the music changes as you go back in time and the use of real chimes add a nice touch to the game too.

#48 11 years ago

Tommy all the way! Stackable modes, great music, brilliantly integrated theme, blinders, and it's hard as hell. In my eyes, it's the perfect player's game.

#49 11 years ago

Monday Night Football of course then GNR

#50 11 years ago

1. TFTC
    2. LW3
    3. Maverick
    4. JP

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-data-east-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.