Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best customer service?”

• Stern 15 votes
      28%
    • Jersey Jack 4 votes
      7%
    • American 4 votes
      7%
    • Spooky 28 votes
      52%
    • CGC 3 votes
      6%

(54 votes)

#1 1 year ago

The next time I am ready to buy NIB, I would like to know what company is the best to do business with.

I already have my experience and opinions about some companies, but I want to hear yours.

#2 1 year ago

Only dealt with JJP & Stern, and I'd say Stern was betterish but close.

Typically i would rather not deal with any costumer service of course.

#3 1 year ago

Seems like if you buy a quality game you shouldn't need much customer service?

#4 1 year ago

I have bought 4 NIB Stern and 4 NIB JJP. Jersey Jack service was excellent when I talked to them about all 4 pins but I never had to contact Stern service because their games had zero issues.

#5 1 year ago

I've had really good luck with everyone. Well, I haven't had to ask AP for anything yet, but Jersey Jack (Steve), Spooky, Stern, and CGC (Edwin), thumbs up all around.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like if you buy a quality game you shouldn't need much customer service?

Shit happens. Boards fail, parts need tweaking, people assembling incorrectly etc.

#7 1 year ago

I'd go with JJP and CGC.

But I'm biased.

You need help. I'm around 12 hours a day. Usually noon to midnight. Though often earlier or later. Only thing, I can't send parts for either company.

LTG : )

#8 1 year ago

CGC for me. Nothing went wrong with the pin and never needed to contact them about any issues or failures.

JJP lots of minor issues that I had to fix myself in the first 60 days. All could have been solved with better QC before being boxed. No parts failures.

Stern had a DMD failure and they replaced it within a reasonable timeframe under warranty.

Quality for my pins is in the same order as listed above. With my experiences, Stern’s quality of parts and wood is less than the other two. For example, if all three had the same price for the exact same pin, my experience so far is that the Stern would have a lower quality of parts / wood installed.

As I buy more pins, my experience’s may change. But this is what I have experienced so far. I am no fan boy of any of the manufacturers.

I cannot comment on any of the other manufacturers...yet!

As an example, if all three were selling the exact same machine and Stern priced it at $9k, I would pay $9,500 for the JJP version expecting it to have a higher quality of parts and $10,000 for the CGC knowing it will have no issues and the same quality as the JJP.

#9 1 year ago

Never had any issues with my machine but everything that I've heard about Spooky has been outstanding. Very helpful and they go out of their way to fix any problems.

#10 1 year ago

Both AP and Spooky by far, had responses for issues within minutes, over the weekend or after business hours.
    Great service from both these companies

#11 1 year ago

From a non company....
    Shout out to LTG ... always willing to share his knowledge and is very helpful.

#12 1 year ago

Ive found all of them to have excellent customer service with reasonable issues, and respectable communication.

#13 1 year ago

I've bought 2 NIB Sterns, 1 JJP and 1 Spooky. I had one major issue with my BM66 when the cabinet actually split. Stern never substantively responded to my messages to them other than asking for the SN, but once I got my distributor involved they sent me a new cabinet (unfortunately they sent me an Aerosmith cabinet), another call into the distributor and about 6 weeks later I received a new BM66 cabinet followed by the pleasure of swapping everything into it. I can't say I was dissatisfied, nor would I describe the customer service as "the best" since it took getting my distributor involved (twice) to get things squared away. This has been pretty much par for the course on my efforts to communicate with Stern.

My JJP hasn't had any issues that required customer service. Don't read that as the game is bullet proof, only that nothing has arisen to the level that I really needed the manufacturers help. That being said, they were very quick to respond to an inquiry I had about software updates.

Similarly, my Spooky game has been largely trouble free, but I have had to reach out to the team about a missing part on an accessory as well as the shipping and whatnot when the game was ready. I only dealt with KT, but she was super friendly and quick to respond. I would not hesitate to buy another game from them.

#14 1 year ago

I have had 1 NIB from Stern, CGC and JJP....had some issues with all 3 and all 3 were very good service although with JJP I dealt directly with my distro Gary from Able Electronics and he cracked the issues and dealt with JJP. With Stern and CGC I thrashed though the issues with their support team and LTG was awesome!

#15 1 year ago

Stern and CGC. Had problems with several NIB games and both took care of me with no problems.

#16 1 year ago

Even the best company with the best customer support can have a problem fall through the cracks. Especially with shutdowns and people working from home, etc. etc.

If you aren't getting attention. Try again. Try different ways. Call. Email. Another service ticket. If they post on Pinside or Facebook, send them a PM.

Be professional and courteous.

Worst case scenario, after you've exhausted all attempts for some time. Post on Pinside. But be nice. Don't come in here ranting and raving because they didn't respond in one hour.

Every manufacturer I know. Wants you playing your game and enjoying it.

LTG : )

#17 1 year ago

Costco still has good service. I would say amazon too, but they black listed me from buying TVs which sucks.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Even the best company with the best customer support can have a problem fall through the cracks. Especially with shutdowns and people working from home, etc. etc.

If you aren't getting attention. Try again. Try different ways. Call. Email. Another service ticket. If they post on Pinside or Facebook, send them a PM.

Be professional and courteous.

Worst case scenario, after you've exhausted all attempts for some time. Post on Pinside. But be nice. Don't come in here ranting and raving because they didn't respond in one hour.

Every manufacturer I know. Wants you playing your game and enjoying it.

See... as per my post above ...
    LTG... hard at work on customer service

#19 1 year ago

Spooky is nothing short of unreal to deal with, for the good and the bad.

#20 1 year ago

i would pick Stern.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would say amazon too, but they black listed me from buying TVs which sucks.

You must have been been one pain in the rear end to be black listed. What did you do?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You must have been been one pain in the rear end to be black listed. What did you do?

coudlnt make up my mind about the tv. Looking at my order history I literally bought then cancelled the tv > 65 times. Oh well.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

coudlnt make up my mind about the tv. Looking at my order history I literally bought then cancelled the tv > 65 times. Oh well.

Think of all that time you lost where you could've been playing pinball!

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from DinoTX:

Think of all that time you lost where you could've been playing pinball!

Yes I know over damn tv. Well at least Amazon did me a favor, save that money for another pin.

#25 1 year ago

Over the last few years I have contacted Stern 5 times.

3 times they were helpful, just not very nice. (GB twice, and MET once)

1 time they were awesome and very nice. (SMVE)

1 time they never contacted me back so I hired a local repairman. (ACDCVE)

One time I needed to talk to AP.

They did not respond to a PM, but were awesome the second I opened a ticket.

The best is LTG! I just wish he could get the parts needed.

3 months later
    #26 1 year ago

I have had one warranty issue with Stern (broken plastic on Munsters). Second owner, no issue - plastic with plastic protector sent free of charge and fast.

American is very accessible and have had multiple updates/improvements to their product

No experience with the other three so can not comment.

#27 1 year ago

Spooky, hands down. Doesn't matter who you contact there, they will usually respond within a few minutes. Nice people that treat everyone like family. It doesn't even have to be a problem with the game, they just like to communicate.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside