Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Stern NIB Would You Buy”

• AC/DC Pro 4 votes
      3%
    • AC/DC LE 30 votes
      26%
      3%
    • Rolling Stones 0 votes
    • Tron 46 votes
      40%
    • Transformers Pro 4 votes
      3%
    • Transformers LE 29 votes
      25%

(116 votes)

#1 12 years ago

Just curious what you would consider the best of the current production Stern machines.
    The ones you can still buy NIB.

If you could buy 1 Stern NIB today, which one would you buy?

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx

#2 12 years ago

If you contact this guy, he might have some other titles new in box still. http://www.tiltamusements.com/

I would choose TF LE from the poll.

#3 12 years ago

He's got an Iron Man or 2 hiding somewhere...

Given that choice I have a problem with the ac/dc LE or the OG tron.. I think ac/dc le would win the coin toss there, but I haven't played it to be sure.

#5 12 years ago

I really liked Tron and TF LE from that list. Slight nod to TF LE but when the FO mod for Tron is available I could see it sneaking past.

#6 12 years ago

Genuinely speaking I would pass on a nib stern unless it has been stored for a few years. They are too hit or miss with their software and the last batch of games hasn't really done much for me.

For what they are asking for an le I would rather get woz and I don't care for its theme.

#7 12 years ago

Would like to mention that these are for sale new on amazon.com with no tax in most states an free shipping (at least for Prime members). Iron Man is the lowest at $4k. I think it is configured HUO though if that is important.

#8 12 years ago

None of the above.

#9 12 years ago

that IS important because those are the costco iron men on amazon. They made a bunch of home use machines that didn't have all the same functions as the good ones.

#10 12 years ago

TFLE All the way.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

that IS important because those are the costco iron men on amazon. They made a bunch of home use machines that didn't have all the same functions as the good ones.

Good to know. Thanks.

#12 12 years ago

Best Buy has the homeuse only iron man for $3,799.99
    It has not coin door, not sure of any other differences.
    Not sure why, but I would not buy a pin with out a coin door.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Stern+-+Iron+Man+Classic+Home+Pinball+Machine/3072559.p?id=1218376386934&skuId=3072559&st=pinball&cp=1&lp=13

#13 12 years ago

yeah where's iron man?

from that list transformer.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I really liked Tron and TF LE from that list. Slight nod to TF LE but when the FO mod for Tron is available I could see it sneaking past.

What is the FO mod?

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Best Buy has the homeuse only Iron Man for $3,799.99
    It has not coin door, not sure of any other differences.
    Not sure why, but I would not buy a pin with out a coin door.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Stern+-+Iron+Man+Classic+Home+Pinball+Machine/3072559.p?id=1218376386934&skuId=3072559&st=pinball&cp=1&lp=13

It has no magents either for iron monger or whiplash.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Erik said:I really liked Tron and TF LE from that list. Slight nod to TF LE but when the FO mod for Tron is available I could see it sneaking past.
    What is the FO mod?

Someone is working on a mod to add interactive fiber optic wire just like the LEs. I believe they're including the additional multiball mode too

#17 12 years ago

I love my tf le my dream pin

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

I love my tf le my dream pin []

Its on my wish list

#20 12 years ago

IMO....
    Ironman is pure crap.
    I might even rank it under Avatar which is horrible.
    Rolling stones brought me back to crappy DE games of the past, that stupid Mick cut out is ghastly.
    I bet if you owned a Tron you would like it.
    Transformers is great fun.
    Haven't played AC yet

#21 12 years ago

Voted for Tron,, I played a Tron Pro @ the kingsport auction,, was cool, Until I played Tron LE at
    Lost Ark Arcade in a Tourney that RawleyD brought down ,, Was Cooler !!

Didn't Vote for AC/DC , cause i have a Prem- on the way. Also , you Didn't have a Premium as a Choice ..

#22 12 years ago

My vote is for TF-LE, but Tron isn't far off.

#23 12 years ago

Tron all the way for me.

#24 12 years ago

Iron man., next tron le

Though of the list above would be transformers if like a deep rule set.

#25 12 years ago

I haven't had the chance to play all of em but out of the ones I have on the list I would go with Tron.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snurdley:

If you contact this guy, he might have some other titles new in box still. [] [] http://www.tiltamusements.com/

It looks like Trent might have a Spiderman! somebody should get while you can,SM is AWESOME!!!!

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

It looks like Trent might have a spiderman! somebody should get while you can,SM is AWESOME!!!!

I tried to call the # listed on their web-Page, Out of Order ,, I emailed Trent ask'n How much for Spidey ship'd to N.C 27295 .. I'd like a SM .. Wonder which yr his is ? the 2010 or below..

#28 12 years ago

Here's the E-mail i Just got from Trent...
    ----------------------------------------------------

I had one left and it shipped out Wed. If you need anything else let me know.

Trent

Tilt Amusements
    6001 Moore Rd
    Delaware, Oh 43015

740-803-2276

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I had one left and it shipped out Wed. If you need anything else let me know.

Someones going to have a sweet unboxing that is for sure!!

#30 12 years ago

I have a NIB TF LE for trade/sale with full warranty from Tilt and will be going to Allentown or can be delivered on the east coast between NJ and NC. Still want a Whirlwind

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

IMO....
    Ironman is pure crap.
    I might even rank it under Avatar which is horrible.
    Rolling Stones brought me back to crappy DE games of the past, that stupid Mick cut out is ghastly.
    I bet if you owned a Tron you would like it.
    Transformers is great fun.
    Haven't played AC yet

So, you don't like IM

I used to feel the same but then I played it more and more and realized it is one addictive, one more go, rocking pin, despite the cheap plastics. My favourite Stern at the moment.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, you don't like IM

Naw, it just seems boring to me. It just seemed like I need to hit whiplash X many times to light whiplash, then hit whiplash some more....or whoever the characters are. Don't like the looks at all compared to some of the others. Well it obviously looks better than Rolling Stones but that isn't hard...talk about cheap plastics!

I know what you're saying though...Transformers wasn't doing it for me till I made myself play a ton of it and now I like it quite a bit.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's the E-mail i Just got from Trent...

A day late BR.

#34 12 years ago

TF LE is getting low at Stern.. They are down to about 45 total pinballs some still needing to be built.

So if you guys are serous about wanting one hit me up!

#35 12 years ago

ACDC for resale value, TF Pro for game play.

#36 12 years ago

Aren't there still some LOTR LE NIB for sale? Ah, but at what a price...

#37 12 years ago

Definitely need to add Iron Man to the list.

#38 12 years ago

Ok.

Very Funny.

Who was the ONE vote for Avatar?

LoL!

#39 12 years ago

On that list TF LE if I had to...otherwise none of the above....

I don't think the SM Trent had was a NIB, I had called a while back before I got mine from Doc and it wasn't NIB unless he found another one....

#40 12 years ago

I'd take Tron, but I hate them all. The only reason I'd choose Tron is because it has Daft Punk music.

WOOOOOOOOO DAFT PUNK FTW!

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Definitely need to add Iron Man to the list.

+1...
    It's amazing how fast these shot up in price over three months time.
    Even though I am not a big fan of AC/DC, I must say the BIB:LE is looking pretty sweet.
    I'd probably go "Premium" on one if I HAD to choose right now at this moment.
    Avengers over anything else though...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-current-production-stern-pins-what-would-you-buy?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.