3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigT
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 106 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which begs the question: Which is better? Grabbing his arm? Or getting a silk arrow?

If you met him after the show you'd be getting "the Slik Arrow" for sure.

rd

#23 3 years ago

Seen some great shows.

Probably the best of all was Skid Row, playing in front of 1500 at Logan Campbell Centre, Auckland, 1990. They'd just released their first album, and they were young kids let loose on the world. They just went nuts for 1 1/2 hours. Awesome.

And I've told the story before about Guns n Roses at the Supertop (a large circus tent) just after AFD came out, but before Sweet Child hit big. They were out of control. Great gig.

rd

#25 3 years ago

Which one of those cars was yours, O-din?

rd

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could be why Devo was the best show I ever saw?

Haha. I've never gone to a concert drunk/wasted. I want to see the musos do their thing.

Concerts are fu**ing expensive. I want to enjoy it. I can get drunk at home for free.

rd

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

. I thought they were total scumbags and Bach was a super tool

No doubt! He would have been very young then, maybe 17-18?

That's probably what all 18 year old rock stars are doing lol

rd

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Neil Diamond is a goddamn BOSS !

Neil is cool.

One of the best stadium concerts I've ever seen was Robbie Williams who is an English pop star. I don't think he has had much success in the USA, but in the 2000s he was one of the biggest "pop" stars in the world. He assembled this absolutely kick ass band of mega musicians and played a great show.

Check out the crowd at this show ...

rd

#47 3 years ago

Talking of Neil Diamond, NZs own Neil Diamond is Wayne Anderson. Wayne is Nimblepins favorite musical artist.

Here you can see Wayne doing an intimate gig in my apartment last New Years Eve.

Go Wayne Go!

rd

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I might have had the Galaxie in the paint shop when we saw Devo. It's always nice to have a backup...
I bought one of these for $100 that needed some work.. My first "modern" car.

I never knew they sold Ford Capris in the USA ...

They were very fast back in the day. Now a Toyota Prius would drag them off.

rd

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

honestly, though, arena shows and huge festivals are boring and annoying. give me a medium-size club or better yet a dive bar 100 times out of 100.

I concur 100%. I will only go to an outdoor/arena show if I haven't seen a band before. I hate them. You'd be better watching a live DVD.

Most of the photos I post over in the Metal thread are at the Powerstation, where the crowd is 500-1000 people and I can stand right up the front in front of the guitar player and steal his licks.

rd

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

just missed seeing Skid Row last month (late July 2016) at the Hard Rock in Biloxi, MS.
Now, I'm wondering if I should drive over to Dallas, TX, or Austin, TX in late September to check out Skid Row live in concert

I saw them last year at the Powerstation in Auckland with Ugly Kid Joe supporting.

Skid Row had Texan Jonny Solinger singing, who replaced Bach 15 years ago. They were very good for 50 year old dudes, tight as hell and the music sounded as good as ever. Didn't jump around like back in 1990 though.

However Solinger is now out of the band and the old Dragonforce singer is in ... Haven't seen them since that happened.

The Slave to the Grind album still sounds as good today as it did when it came out in 1991 (and became the first Metal album to debut at #1 on Billboard)

rd

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Sold in the Mercury Dealers in Canada, 1975 (maybe), to 1978. Most were the 3 Litre V-6. That engine was used later in the Ranger and Aerostar.

Man, if you had a Capri in NZ in the 70s, you were the f**king man!

The later model ones were made in Cologne, Germany in the 80s and were very good cars at the time. They had a fuel injected 2.8 V6.

rd

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The largest, although not the best concert I've been to was Sarsfest. Almost 500 000 people

Crazy! Can't imagine being in a crowd that big.

I was watching the live stream of Wacken a few weeks back, that was 80,000 and I said at the time, far too many people for my liking.

rd

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

shihad, killjoy album show. local nz band played their 1995 album in full a few years ago at rotordaves favourite venue the powerstation. great power rock album, amazing show

Shihad always put on a great show, every time I've seen them they kick ass all over the place.

Real shame they didn't break it in America. They don't know what they missed out on.

Another top show, and probably up there with the best I've seen, was Aussie band The Angels, playing at a motorcycle gangs party in New Plymouth. The gig was at a speedway track, the band was on a semi trailer on the "crowd side" behind the catch fence, and the crowd was inside the fence standing on the dirt track. This was the early 90s, around the "Dogs are Talking" era. They just went nuts big time. It was funny because EVERY SINGLE PERSON there had a black jersey on (bogan central...) ... Except my wife who had a pink jersey on. Haha.

The Angels almost cut through in the USA (unfortunately renamed as Angel City) If you read Slashs book, he cites them as a big influence on him, as do a lot of the Seatlle bands from the mid 90s.

rd

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I flew to L.A. (from New Jersey) alone at 17 to see the final Motley Crue show

Rock on dude!

rd

1 week later
#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Come to Oz Lzzy you are awesome!!
» YouTube video

Halestorm played in NZ last December.

Didn't they go to Aussie? I know they have been there before.

Lzzy is very impressive live. The music is much heavier than the albums too.

rd

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#503 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Queensryche may have been one of the best concerts I saw at Irvine Meadows... Operation Mindcrime tour 1989.

The Mindcrime tour was fantastic.

I have the original VHS and CD Box set of the 1991 concert in Madison WI where they played the whole album live, Operation Livecrime. I have it on my phone and still listen to it all the time.

In 2006 I flew to Sydney to see them do Mindcrime live at the Metro Theatre. They played most of the Mindcrime album, then more songs on top. It was a winner. The only bummer was no Chris Degarmo but the rest of the guys were there.

Setlist
Revolution Calling
Operation: Mindcrime
Spreading the Disease
Suite Sister Mary
The Needle Lies
Breaking the Silence
I Don't Believe in Love
Convict
I'm American
One Foot in Hell
Hostage
The Hands
Signs Say Go
Murderer?
If I Could Change It All
An Intentional Confrontation
Eyes of a Stranger
The Whisper
Jet City Woman
Empire
Silent Lucidity

3 months later
#569 3 years ago

Saw Killswitch Engage last night in Auckland, one of the best shows I've seen.

They played the whole Alive or Just Breathing album all thee way through, and another bunch of great tunes after that. It was awesome.

I was in my customary spot in front of the subs ... my internal organs got a good mixing up!

rd

IMG_4375 (resized).JPG

IMG_4382 (resized).JPG

IMG_4392 (resized).JPG

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Internationally ignored, but on tour again, Hedwig & the Angry Inch:
» YouTube video

Rockin!

Are they big in Yemen?

rd

2 weeks later
#600 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He still had the pipes, no doubt.
It was a big show, with a big band.

I went to Graceland last year, it was very cool.

The most amazing thing I learnt that day was they said that Elvis never recorded a song he had written.

That astounded me.

rd

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He co-wrote some of his big songs, like All Shook Up, Love Me Tender and Don't Be Cruel.

Evidently not. Songwriters would bring songs to Elvis, and because they'd be Insta-hits the Colonel would demand Elvis get songwriting credits (50% of royalties) and of course the Colonel got 50% of that.

I read on an Elvis website that Elvis did evidently write two of his obscure songs, but nobody knows exactly what that input was.

"Elvis shared a writer's credit for "Heartbreak Hotel", his 1st single recorded after Sun sold him to RCA. When asked about it by a reporter, Elvis said "I never wrote a song in my life". And that's what he always said when asked. The Colonal just got him some writer's credits to get both of them some money (the colonal took 50% of everything Elvis earned). But Elvis was always honest about it."

rd

1 month later
#618 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am glad that i missed this concert event
'Luxury' Fyre Festival is cancelled with ticket-holders still stranded in Bahamas.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39743303/luxury-fyre-festival-is-cancelled-with-ticket-holders-still-stranded-in-bahamas

That story is pretty hilarious! While I don't wish ill-will on anyone, comments like this are pretty funny ...

""It ended up being the closest thing to war I've ever seen. There was no food, no water. As soon as it got dark it was not a safe place to be"

No food and water for a few hours is the same as bullets flying around your head and mortars going off? Rigggggghhhhtttt

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Deadpool Premium Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 21.00
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
$ 174.99
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside