3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigT
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 106 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider philgreg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 3 years ago

Most arena shows suck IMO. By the time a band is big enough for an arena they made their name years ago in smaller venues and it's too late to see them.

Some of my favorite shows that come to mind:
-Hank 3 - El Corazon, Seattle, I forget when... 2006 or something
-Legendary Shack Shakers, Muddy Roots, Tennesse 2012
-Joe Buck Yourself, Muddy Roots 2013
-Fu Manchu, El Corazon, 2014
-Nashville Pussy, El Corazon, 2007 or something
-Danko Jones, opening for Turbonegro at the Showbox Seattle 2006 - didn't quite blow them off the stage but came in with 2 strikes against him and hit a homerun in my book
-saw the Bad Plus (jazz band) many times but once in particular here in Quebec city they were part of some jazz festival and some crappy artsy fartsy obnoxious boring guitar dude who scats the notes he's playing all the time was opening and most people were pretending they liked it because they felt they had to, and then the Bad Plus hit the stage and jaws were genuinely dropped.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some great ones but that's what comes to mind.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

George rocks!

Yes, always a good time. Saw him a good 6-7 times, you know what to expect and he delivers each time.
I like his attitude too. Heard or read some interview somewhere, and his brother (Bob, I would guess) goes on about how he's never gonna make it. And he says "define 'making it'" - and something about how there's room for 7th hitters out there, you don't have to be the #1 guy all the time.
He sure did make it.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I've been to hundreds of concerts, so this is a tough one. My wife and I love to do concert photography, combining two of our passions - music and photography. A lot of the artwork in our house is large-scale prints of our concert photography. If I had to pick one concert, I think I would say U2 at an amphitheater in Chicago in the early 90s. Nearly the entire audience was singing along with every song. The energy and love was palpable - it was pretty magical. We have seen lots of other great shows like Nine Inch Nails (amazing light show, staging, and intense performance), Duran Duran (high energy shows with lots of crowd participation), Buddy Guy (amazing Blues performer), Devo (seen them over 20 times throughout the US), and many many more. Thanks for starting a great thread!!
Cheers,
MacJedi

Buddy Guy is an awesome performer alright. Super charismatic, and an incredible energy for his old age.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

+1 for Buddy Guy. That 100 ft. cord and him playing right in front of me, I'll never forget that. Amazing showman.

I've seen that too. Not sure if had a wireless or a 100 ft cord though, but he got down from the stage and played some crazy solo while walking around the whole venue. He was about 70 years old at the time.
I saw him again a couple years ago here in Quebec City and he was mesmerizing just chatting between songs and the show was going great until he had some virtuoso kid play half his set for him. Kudos to the kid, he was a great player for his age, but no Buddy. That kinda sucked.
But the first time I saw him at the Showbox in Seattle about 2005, wow.

#446 3 years ago

Saw Slayer and Pantera n Pantera's last tour. Saw Slayer a couple times and always a good time but I'll always remember Pantera hitting the stage to Hellbound.
That was back in 2001and I must have been a little drunk so it's all really fuzzy, but Iike.to tell myself it was awesome.
Pretty sure it was.
Also, we had tickets up in the seating area but we slipped a security guy 50$ and he let us down into the standing section.

5 months later
#557 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Asleep at the WHEEL WITH Ray Benson at a bar when they were past there prime was one hell of a show , Western Swing Music

Check out Dale & Ray if you haven't yet!
Dale Watson and Ray Benson duets. Great stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
Flashinstinct
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 209.99
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider philgreg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside