Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

--DEMIRICOUS reunion show-Indy-last month (FUCKING RAAAGER)
--Grateful Dead-Memphis-1995
--Rage Against the Machine/Wu-Tang-Noblesville, IN-1997
--Slayer-pick one of 7
--Skeletonwitch-final show w Chance on screams(saw with Pinsider Reno Dakota[and it was fucking awesome brough !])-St. Louie-2014
--Neil Diamond-in Carolina of course-2001 (?)
--and on and on

#39 7 years ago

Flattery will get you everywhere stud muffin.

#40 7 years ago

Neil Diamond is a goddamn BOSS !

#51 7 years ago

Red Rocks name droppin than a mug.
I'm absolutely jealous. Everybodys favorite acoustics.

#52 7 years ago

At small club Zanies in Indy 2008 :
Vital Remains
Demiricous
Summon the Destroyer
Legion (fck yeah !)

#57 7 years ago

FEAR-2009-St. Louis. Lee Ving still got it.

#60 7 years ago

You should Pinball Browser some "Whip It !" into Big Daddy Big Daddy.

#62 7 years ago

The show right before all dickpants ever started horribly recording every show on his/her phone.

#66 7 years ago

Save yer gas money Sebastian. And I know goddamn well that Skrillex at the 100th Indy 500 was yer favorite concert ever.

#68 7 years ago

It was like Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan were right there the entire race.

#70 7 years ago

The Lollopolooza with the Ramones, Waylon Jennings, the Beastie Boys, and Metallica was pretty damn good. 94 ?

#72 7 years ago

I actually got carried out by fuckface security on Fade to Black at that show. Lol.

#74 7 years ago

That's not me braggin. Security at my states biggest venue has been completely incompetent and moronic for 20+ years. Goondicks.

#76 7 years ago

Trunk Wheelie Bar XLE.

#78 7 years ago

That one Drop Dead/ DRI show in 1990 where I caugt the drumstick with my face at the end. DRI still tours every year ; I've seen them the last 4 years, goin on 5. Spike Cassidy is a freakin superhero.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i've been to over a thousand concerts. i've seen tons of huge acts in big arenas -- Metallica, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, you name it. i've been to a half dozen lollapaloozas, countless HFStivals and other big fests. Seen everyone from Megadeth to Phil Collins. honestly, though, arena shows and huge festivals are boring and annoying. give me a medium-size club or better yet a dive bar 100 times out of 100.
the only act i've seen in a huge place that actually made it worthwhile was -- yes, i'm dead serious -- Weird Al Yankovic. his live show absolutely blows away anything else i've seen done at a large venue. he plays 5 or 6 songs with a common theme (say, new wave/80s stuff) while he and his band wear Devo costumes or whatever, then he runs back stage to change while huge screens show rapid-fire clips from UHF and Al TV and other random insane things he's done over the years, and then less than 60 seconds later he comes charging out again in, say, the fat suit costume from his "Fat" video, and does another set of songs about food. he keeps going with themed costume changes all night long. the man must be in fantastic physical condition, because he spazzes out for like 2 hours and doesn't slow down. dancing around for 15 minutes in that fat suit alone would ruin me. his band is excellent: they can ape any music of the last 40 years, and it's the same 4 guys he's had since the very beginning. Al Yankovic gets absolute top respect from me as an entertainer. i highly recommend checking out his show if he swings by your town. no joke, it's worth every penny.
other than that, all of the shows i would consider at the top of my list were at much smaller venues. i'll list a handful of my absolute favorites. there's just no way i could pick one.
- Joan Jett fronting a punk band called Evil Stig at the original 930 club (DC) in the early 90s. there were only a handful of people there. the old 930's stage was only about 2 feet off the ground, with no barrier in front of it. i stood basically eye to eye with Joan and she basically sweated and spit all over me during her set. absolutely one of the best shows i've seen. they played a bunch of classics like Crimson and Clover and I Love Rock n Roll, as well as the punk stuff from Evil Stig's repertoire.
- The Dead Milkmen, again at the old 930. it was 1990. i was starting high school, not yet old enough to drive. My future drummer was at this show, too. i hadn't met him at this point, but he was going berserk and bounding around the pit like a lunatic. i watched him break his arm against a support beam, a really nasty break, and he seemed kind of excited about it. i remember thinking he was a psycho. years later, after getting to know him and playing in a band with him, i can say my initial impression was entirely accurate. The Dead Milkmen were one of the most interesting bands ever. they had such a weird vibe, all rooted in this kind of dark surrealist humor.
- The Buzzcocks at the Black Cat in DC, early 90s. These guys were one of the first bands i was ever into, one of the giants in forming my musical tastes. they were like living legends to me, and seeing them play live was just an incredible experience. it was not close to a sold out show, there was plenty of room for dancing on the floor, and Pete Shelley was conversing with us and giving props to the dance moves of some of us between songs. those of us who were there had an absolute blast, it felt like we were just hanging out with them while they happened to be playing a concert. and to my delight, their live show was off the charts in terms of energy. the fact that the place was half full mattered not one bit, they gave everything they had that night.
- Fugazi at Fort Reno, late 90s. everyone in DC has a story about the time they got yelled at by Ian Mackaye, and this is mine. i wasn't even moshing or anything. i wasn't even standing near the front of the audience. Fugazi was between songs and i said something to a friend, i have no idea what, but it caused Ian to stop the show for a lecture directed at me about the proper way to watch a band perform, which apparently does not include any conversation with friends. i definitely felt like a kid whose teacher had just caught him passing notes in class. except in this case the teacher was the Founding Father of DC Punk, the Straight Edge movement, and Dischord records.
god, so many awesome shows ... The Ramones, Billy Bragg (AWESOME showman! go see him!), Two Man Advantage, Agnostic Front, Dropkick Murphys (when they first started out and their shows were just BONKERS), DRI, MDC, i can't list them all. i'm probably an ass for doing this, but i'm gonna throw in two of my own:
- my band at the (new) 930 in 2004. sorry i'm just blatantly bragging here, but it is a show i will never forget. we got to play a sold out show at the 930 and we had such an amazing time. by the end of our set, 40 or so of our fans had stormed the stage and were chanting our lyrics along with us. i think i've posted this pic before, but oh well. deal with it.

- our bassist's bachelor party show in 2010 at the Sidebar Tavern in Baltimore. while we were playing, someone opened several cases of Twinkies and threw them all over the bar and stage and floor. the entire club was covered in a slick white goo. it was the most hilarious mosh pit i've ever seen. not one person could stay standing for more than a few seconds. it was just an endless series of hilarious pratfalls. no sooner would someone go charging in than their feet would fly up over their head and they'd knock two others on their asses. i have no idea how many concussions were sustained that night. our instruments were coated in the stuff too. and man, then after we were done playing ... oops this is a family site ... i'll just stop there.

New life goal : become more like the DC cool kids and get scolded by Ian Mackaye. That is beyond cool.
Next time stfu Pez.

#112 7 years ago

Odin that looks like a nightmare. Folks just shittin in their drawers ? Wow the aroma.

#117 7 years ago

Gojira ?

#118 7 years ago

Indianapolis darlings that have also put on some of my "best shows." Drummer fun as hell to drink with ; but aren't all drummers ?

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

so it's all relative.

You saw the Kentucky show ?

#123 7 years ago

Beastie Boys opening for Madonna ?
Say it ain't so Bobby.

#125 7 years ago

Hello.
How are you ?
Have ya been alright ?

#128 7 years ago

Ok. So no one is answering. Can't you just let it ring a little longer, longer, longer anymore ?

#131 7 years ago

Well I'm right fckin here driftin in my tin can.

#134 7 years ago

Teal blues traveler ?
Saw that tour 3rd row trippin my balls off. It was awesome I'm pretty sure.

#135 7 years ago

NOT Teal Traveler.
Allmans. RIP.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

righto. been to many gigs, mostly metal. heres my picks:
best overall event: Motorheads Motorboat. last year we traveled from Auckland, NZ to Miami to go on a 5 day cruise with motorhead, slayer, anthrax, suicidal tendencies, exodus, corrosion of conformity, hatebreed etc etc. each band played 2 shows on the boat. bloody awesome. im a thrasher at heart so pretty much all my favourite thrash bands on one boat. brilliant.
my best individual gigs:
sepultura, third world posse tour. small venue, amazing gig. seeing igor play the drums live actually made me give up playing. there was no way i would be that good. took up drinking instead. super fun mosh pit!
alice cooper, 28.4.1991. how do i know the exact date? it was on my 18th birthday. perfect night of thunderstorms here in auckland, seemed fitting for an awesome show. great gig.
entombed, same difference tour, london. massive entombed fan, especially wolverine blues. i was so into them at that point. i was front row at the london astoria, man that show rocked!
iron maiden, somewhere back in time tour. all their classics, opening with aces high, they played phantom of the opera, poweslave, rime of the ancient mariner etc. brilliant.
shihad, killjoy album show. local nz band played their 1995 album in full a few years ago at rotordaves favourite venue the powerstation. great power rock album, amazing show.
» YouTube video

Man I wanted to go on that Motorhead cruise so goddamn bad. Bet that was a whole nother level. B'dass.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

The ones I can remember right now:
1. Clash in '79 @ Santa Monica Civic. Leaning against the stage, not a barrier. London Calling tour.
2. Ramones in '80 @ Warfield Theatre, SF. Crushed against the stage. Joey stepped on my fingers.
3. Motorhead at a club in SF in '79. The stage was 3 inches high. Lemmy spewed saliva everywhere. Nightranger opened and the Motorhead fans were flipping them off the whole set like 3 inches from their faces.
4. Devo at Phoenix Theatre in Petaluma in '80. One week before the gig that O-Din was at that started this thread.
5. Elvis Costello @ Warfield in '81. Also saw him in '79 @ Cal POly SLO. That might have been an even better show.
6. Monsters of Rock @ Oakland Colosseum in '79: Nugent, Aerosmith, AC/DC and more. Aerosmith was soooo loaded. Also saw the Day on the Green a couple of weeks before with Journey, J Geils, UFO, and Thin Lizzy. That fairly rocked too.
7. BOC, Cheap Trick, Pat Travers @ California State Fair in '79.
8. Pretenders @ Cal Poly SLO in '80 I think.
9. Saxon and Metallica in '82 at the Whiskey in SmellA. Metallica was the opening act and did mostly covers and got blown away by Saxon: » YouTube video I was there baby.

Thin Lizzy. I wish.

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

So many shows but let me decide my favorite on vacation and return

No. Deicide now.

#293 7 years ago

Party fucking Ninjas !
I can die now.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Turned out to be one of the Damn Yankees first shows.

You got yer money back right ?

#301 7 years ago

I saw the Bad Company/Damn Yankees tour that year. Unfortunately.

#303 7 years ago

I kid. I was 17. We skipped school, got a keg, and a bunch of us partyed. Despised DY then, still do. But the party, man,....the party.
Bad Company without Paul Rodgers is just no.

#306 7 years ago

Is that Mr. Neil Young ?

#307 7 years ago

Gary Busey murdering that acoustic, literally.

#309 7 years ago

Is that a J-45 ?

#311 7 years ago

Young coke fueled DC Cab Gary Busey.
Will fuck you up.

#312 7 years ago

Nei Young crowdsurfing. Harr.

#313 7 years ago

Speaking of...saw the Crosby, Stills, Nash AND Young 2006 tour. Can finally say I did that.

#358 7 years ago

Derek St. Holmes pretty much is Ted Nugent for me. And everybody else.

#360 7 years ago

Partyin with the Bonaduchster. He left you the ladies ? Freakin awesome.

#361 7 years ago

Oh...he left WITH the chicks. Big difference that lil word makes.

#363 7 years ago

Hey Dennis is Chuck Berry doing any shows at all ?

#368 7 years ago

He came thru here in '79/'80 (Ahh the golden years) doing his tax evasion tour. At each stop, he used a local band to back him up. They'd rehearse once, if that, and go. He did a Vets' Hall gig here in town and rawked pretty good--the back up band was good, and a little later he did a freebie @ the Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane. The back up there was a folk/country band called Cache Valley Drifters and the show was bad. Chuck must have played My DingaLing for 1/2 the show. I think it was an FU to the IRS.
That's great but is your name Dennis too ?

#427 7 years ago

+1 for Buddy Guy. That 100 ft. cord and him playing right in front of me, I'll never forget that. Amazing showman.

#430 7 years ago

I saw him in 1994. Definitely 100 ft. cord. He didn't play the whole show with that cord, but when it came out, the audience went bonkers. I remember his sweat getting on me ; thought that was cool af.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended?tu=gryszzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.