Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#404 7 years ago

Going with SPIRIT in 1970, right after the release of The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.
What made it really great was it was at small venue called the Hollywood Palace in Catonsville MD area and I don't think there was even 350 people there that night due to weather. Name was changed later to Coast To Coast..

1 week later
#455 7 years ago

Some of the concerts in my "early daze" included some pretty cool Double Bills.

One that singed my eyebrows was RUSH/KISS at Georgetown University I think it was in 1974 or 1975. College days.

Rush was promoting their Fly By Night LP and opened for KISS.
I was in the second row in front of the PA and FLASH POTS. OMG..The heat was intense..Alex Lifeson was a pedal playing wizard.

and KISS just did what they did best in those early days! Fake Blood, fire breathers, etc.

Also saw Blue Oyster Cult for the first time open for Nazareth in Va. There was armed police and police dogs everywhere that night.
Kinda intimidating...

Worse double billing was Uriah Heep opening for Earth Wind and Fire. What were they thinking!?
All I can remember was all the whistles the audience was blowing for EW&F. Had to leave early..wasn't a safe environment.
This was at the Baltimore Civic Center long before HarborPlace was built on the waterfront.

2 months later
#500 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can believe it. I moved to south OC in the early 80s, and one thing at a time, they removed just about anything that was fun to do. It was almost unbelievable this place existed in the first place considering the location. I think Lion Country Safari was there first.
Anyway, that's one of the reasons I moved back north, as all they seem concerned with down there is how many more people they can pack in. Case in point, building more apartments on the site.
Irvine Meadows RIP.
ยป YouTube video

Sad Wings Of Destiny as well..Still gives me goosebumps to listen to that intro riff.
Glen & KK make it look effortless...Saw them in 2004 I think in Tampa FL . They opened with Electric Eye.

Queensryche opened for them...I dream in Infrared..Another classic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.