Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

No slight against Devo, but if that's the best concert you ever saw, you don't get out very often.

#13 7 years ago

Okay, I'll play:

For me, it's a tie separated by 35 years. Queen in 1980 at Madison Square Garden, and Jeff Lynne's ELO at Irving Plaza just last November. It was incredible to be among only about 300 fans and see the guy for the first time in 30 years from only ten feet away....

...which is why I'm seeing him at the Hollywood Bowl and Radio City next month.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I bet that was awesome. I can only imagine.

Quoted from o-din:

I saw them on that same tour and it was awesome. The Blasters opened for them.
http://www.queenconcerts.com/detail/live/476/queen-live-08-07-1980-forum-inglewood-california-usa.html
The ticket stub says $8.75 lol. Looks like it was two weeks before that Devo show.

True story: At the 1982 tour (with Billy Squier), I was hanging on the edge of the stage (back then, you could do that before assholes started rushing the stage). Freddie came out for an encore of Another One Bites the Dust wearing a feathered coat made of silk arrows. He held out the coat right toward me. I said fuck the coat and grabbed his arm. When he walked away, I was staring at his sweat on my hand in awe, then turned to my friend and the people around me, all of whom had the silk arrows which you could pick off his coat as a souvenir.

Which begs the question: Which is better? Grabbing his arm? Or getting a silk arrow? (I bet my friend lost his ... he was a bit of a dumbass.)

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you met him after the show you'd be getting "the Slik Arrow" for sure.
rd

Yeah...and I definitely would have been given something to take home.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Seen some great shows.
Probably the best of all was Skid Row, playing in front of 1500 at Logan Campbell Centre, Auckland, 1990. They'd just released their first album, and they were young kids let loose on the world. They just went nuts for 1 1/2 hours. Awesome.

My band played with Skid Row when we were mistakenly booked at a heavy metal club in Perth Amboy, NJ just before they hit it big. We were warming up for them and were in the dressing room with them after. Sebastian Bach was pawing some girl's tits and she kept slapping his hand away. I thought they were total scumbags and Bach was a super tool. Then their first album came out and I couldn't believe they hit it big. And I really liked a few of their songs. Never judge a book by its cover, I guess...

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

--DEMIRICOUS reunion show-Indy-last month (FUCKING RAAAGER)
--Grateful Dead-Memphis-1995
--Rage Against the Machine/Wu-Tang-Noblesville, IN-1997
--Slayer-pick one of 7
--Skeletonwitch-final show w Chance on screams(saw with Pinsider Reno Dakota)-St. Louie-2014
--Neil Diamond-in Carolina of course-2001 (?)
--and on and on

This is why you're awesome (among other reasons): You can actually list Slayer and Neil Diamond in the same list, and it doesn't make you any less of a man.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I saw Aerosmith in about 1978.They sucked so bad you could barely tell which song they were playing.I think they were really fucked up.

Amen, brother. I saw the Night in the Ruts tour when they were at the peak of their drug use. Falling all over the stage...it was pathetic.

Quoted from jhanley:

Last one was Styx in Wendover,Nv this year.They were great.

That was a cover band. No Dennis DeYoung, no Styx. Likewise, no Lou Gramm, no Foreigner. And Queen was a bullshit band with those other singers...especially Adam Lambert.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

In the late 70's I saw Blue Oyster cult.My ears were ring'in for days.Good concert though.

I saw them with Foghat. They had the giant Godzilla that they blew up with air. So frickin' funny.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Sat front row center in the studio when Jeff Lynne of ELO was doing the dress rehearsal for his Zoom show. I was the ONLY one in the audience. Very cool feeling to get a private show. I wanted to see him at the Bowl this year but damn ticket snipers got all the good tickets.

I had 8th row center for the Zoom tour, only to realize that nobody bought any more seats behind me. The tour was cancelled soon after. Very depressing. I'm so happy to see him going through a revival. I had to pay close to $800 for the Bowl tickets in the super seat section, but with two orchestras, lasers, and fireworks, it was worth it to me. We're flying on miles and getting free hotel, so it all evens out.

But yeah...scalpers suck balls.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hello.
How are you ?
Have ya been alright ?

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok. So no one is answering. Can't you just let it ring a little longer, longer, longer anymore ?

You can't throw ELO lyrics at me when I'm binge-watching all of GOT again...

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Private concert with Elton John.

Oh...is THAT what you call it?

4 months later
#521 7 years ago

I'd have to say that ELO at the Hollywood Bowl with the HB orchestra back in September is easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Worth the cross-country flight. Lasers, projections on the front of the proscenium, a huge fireworks show during the encore, and music that sounded lifted from the albums. And incredible experience for any ELO fan...and hey! They just got into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

1 month later
#530 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I just saw Yes for the 10th time. They change line ups so often I doubt I ever saw the same line up more than a couple of times. They played some of their more obscure stuff which I enjoyed. The last encore was the Asia song "Heat of the Moment" in memory of John Wetton. Fitting, since two of the current Yes members were co-founders of Asia.

I had front row center for Yes when they played with Toto in 2015. We walked out three songs in. The lead singer looked like some parody from Saturday Night Live and my wife and I couldn't stop laughing.

I love Yes (seeing them inducted in the Hall of Fame in April), but can't stand the new lineup.

5 months later
#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

He was a spectacular front man and even had a better stage presence and sound than Lou.

Stop it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.