Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, it was even more memorable than this one.
» YouTube video

The whole is always greater than the sum of its parts, but Christ almighty, if jimmy page didn't drive that band no one did. What a dynamic guitar player!

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Over the years I mentioned it to people many times that that was the best show I ever went to. But I was never able to find even a recording from it until now. I've watched it a few times now and it brings back some great memories of that night. It was the reason I started this thread.

Uncontrollable Urge is one of my favorite songs ever. Interestingly enough, the only time I heard it live was as a cover by ... I can't remember. It was one of those nights at Perkins Palace in the early 80's....Romeo Void, Tonio K, Josie Cotton, Naughty Sweeties...and I think Gang of Four...but I was so wasted I can't remember everything.

My best show was either The Jacksons - fronted by Michael - at the Forum in '81 or James Brown in the Venetian Room at the Fairmont Hotel in SF in '83. Some serious soul going down at those two shows.

One honorable mention was the Bus Boys at the Golden Bear in HB circa 1982. Freaking crazy fun. Saw Primus at the Berkeley Square as they were starting out, and Chris Isaak a lot at small SF clubs before he broke. Lots of bigger shows that are less memorable. Plus a lot of Dead and Jerry Garcia Band. Good times all!

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

OMG, That was the highlight of the old DEVO shows, daddio! It was truly rock and roll live!
That was my fave part of the show!

My band played with Primus @ Cal Poly SLO in early 80's.
Gang of Four. Whoa. Ain't heard that name in awhile. TonioK? Really? Live?
Woulda loved to see Michael in his youth!

I know he's not very popular on Pinside, but Michael Jackson performing live BEFORE Thriller came out was pretty insane. He was a live wire. All energy, charisma and style. And he was still black...which to me is a big plus when it comes to Michael. My god he became so weird and unwatchable.

Quoted from fireball2:

OMG. Reseda, right?

Pasadena. There was another "showplace" like that in LA, where I saw ABC on their first US tour...but the name escapes me. I saw Buzzcocks open for Soiuxsie (?) and the Banshees at the Santa Monica Civic...or was it Long Beach?

OH! and Otis Day and the Knights in lower Zellerbach plaza on the UC Berkeley campus in 1983. The crowd was swelling pretty big and Otis refused to come onstage for some reason. He got there eventually and it was a fun show. Saw X on the Berkeley campus as well...plus a "hazy" reggae sunsplash at the Berkeley Greek.

#408 7 years ago

I wouldn't say this was the best show, but it was pretty damn good: 1989, Paul McCartney at the LA Forum (7th row center) kicking off his first tour ever focusing on Beatles material. Hadn't toured the states in over 10 years. His band was amazing and so was he. Played ALL the favorites. When he ripped into Sgt. Pepper the roof nearly blew off. Saw the same show later on tour at CAL Memorial Stadium in Berkeley. Much bigger show, and farther away, so less impactful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.