3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigT
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 106 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

It's a tie between Nine Inch Nails: Lights in the Sky and Nine Inch Nails: Waves Goodbye for me. I've never seen a more amazing light show in my life. The 3D effects with the LED screens ruined most other concerts for me.
Here's the end of some video. NSFW Lyrics: » YouTube video
Like most things, video doesn't really give the full feel, but it's a taste.

I've seen NIN a bunch of times, and their live shows are incredible. I'd go with the Beside You In Time, Lights in the Sky, and Hesitation Marks tours as my favorites.

1 month later
#619 3 years ago

I've been to hundreds of shows over the years. I'm a concert junkie, and I've seen all sorts of groups from all sorts of genres, in various cities in the western US. That said, standouts off the top of my head:

Nine Inch Nails. I've seen Trent Reznor and company many times and in multiple states - from tiny clubs to arenas - and every single show has been mind-blowing. My favorite live act of all time, and by a wide margin. Rumor has it they'll be touring in late-2017. Do yourself a favor and grab tickets. You'll thank me later. Absolutely incredible.

Massive Attack at a small venue about 15 years ago. A total sonic assault, soaked in pure awesomesauce. Other-worldly.

Pearl Jam. Yield tour, the summer before my senior year in high school. I borrowed my dad's van and me and my buddies piled in, tailgated for hours, sang PJ songs in the parking lot with strangers, and had awesome seats for the show. It was one of my first concerts, and one I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Muse in 2006 at the same small venue where I saw Massive Attack. Watching a band on the brink of superstardom: badass.

Peter Murphy unplugged. Front row and dead center at a very small club right after Bowie died. He sounded amazing, and with Bowie gone, Murphy just might be the best voice left from that era. Surreal.

Royal Blood a couple of years ago at a bar in Tucson. These UK guys are going to be huge, and they blew the roof off the place. If you haven't heard their music, check 'em out. You're welcome

Rob Zombie on the Educated Horses tour: Mesa, AZ. The show was cool enough (I've seen him perform better several times TBH), but I was walking around outisde the venue afterwards, bumped into the man himself, and we chatted for a few minutes with no one else around (he approached ME). One of my more memorable rock star moments (I've had similar encounters with other bands, but this one was the most organic and conversational). The dude was pure class, and the whole thing turned me into a diehard fan.

Rage Against The Machine: LA Rising. RATM's last show. Another long-time favorite that I waited years to see. I really hope they come back, but if not, they certainly went out in style.

Social Distortion in the spring of 2002: Tucson, AZ. My first (and almost last) time getting into a fight at a show. It's a long and funny story, but I didn't start it... though I did finish it. I'd wanted to see Social D for years, only for a guy twice my size and half my sobriety, attempt to ruin it. First song into the set, and I'm neck-deep in bullshit. 2nd song in and I'm rocking out, with strangers giving me high-fives like I just knocked out Biff Tannen. I've seen them many times since then (and better), but that was the most memorable by a long shot. Mike Ness has a time machine to my soul.

Blink 182, like a week after 9/11. I admittedly liked these guys in high school and college, and while it certainly wasn't a mindblowing show from a musicianship perspective, it was one of the more emotional shows I've ever attended. Everyone in the venue was a brother or sister that night. I've never felt so much love at a show. Except for maybe...

Eagles of Death Metal, post-Paris, 2017. Hands-down the most joy I've ever seen exuded by a band onstage. These guys just plain love rock and roll and being alive. Absolutely contagious energy. I think everyone in the venue grinned from ear to ear the entire set. I know I did.

And the "almost" award goes to Nirvana. Me and some of my friends were supposed to see them in '93 (it would have been my first show. I was 12 or 13), but my friend's mom got sick and couldn't drive us there, and the rest of our parents were at work. A year later, Kurt was dead. In hindsight, that day should have been my first cab ride.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 109.99
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 30fathomdave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside