Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

1991 Pantera at the backroom. Security Lead. Just amazing and a great show. Dimebag was a trip.

Man, me and some AF buddies from Alamogordo drove to El Paso one night on about 5 minutes notice to see Pantera at some dingy warehouse looking place sometime around 1991-2. The 2nd album was done but wasn't released yet so they played a couple songs off of it. Any ideas, lol?

Bottom line is, I was deaf for about 3 days after that. Standing towards the front but off to the side...bad idea!

#202 7 years ago

My Pantera concert story:

I get a call from a pal saying he has two extra tickets to a show 5hrs away (Dayton, OH). My roommate and I drive up there on a whim and make it back to our 9:00 a.m. music theory class the next morning. Morbid Angel and Pantera put on a killer show. Phil sang a tune with MA and Dime was on fire that night. The show was out of control in the best way.

My roommate had ripped his pants completely up one side, which we stapled back together. As we sat in music theory (reeking of beer and pure heavy metal) our music theory teacher noticed that we looked a little road worn. We mentioned that we pulled an all nighter for an awesome show. As the rest of the class stared at us in shock he went on to tell us how he followed Led Zeppelin and Cream in their respective prime periods. It turned out to be the coolest college class discussion ever. The guy seemed to be the typical ivy league stiff and we finally got him to loosen up. That moment when you realize that college rules.

#203 7 years ago

Pantera was a last minute addition to this show. Cowboys from Hell was their latest album. That little auditorium was pretty raucous that night.

BCR900819-HB (resized).jpgBCR900819-HB (resized).jpg

#204 7 years ago

I'll just stick this here.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#205 7 years ago

Clutch w/Zakk Sabbath next month

20160824_075142 (resized).jpg20160824_075142 (resized).jpg

#206 7 years ago

I was at the last true Glastonbury when half paid and half broke in, in 2000. I had a ticket, broke in, broke out, sold it, broke in again. Rock and or roll young man.

#207 7 years ago

This one was up there!
Robyn Hitchcock at Webster hall, NYC. 4.26.13
Mike Mills showed up and did this song. Great show!

(Me and Barb can be seen in the lower left against the statge.)

#208 7 years ago

In case anyone wants to tune in for a FREE live stream of my favorite band playing at Lockn festival right now

http://webcast.livephish.com/

just started. completely FREE

#209 7 years ago

Private George Clinton and the P-Funk All-stars concert. Show for like 100 people. The details are hazy and I probably shouldnt repeat them... but it was a memorable awesome night.

#210 7 years ago

Ramones many times in the early 90's. Lunachicks 1999.

#211 7 years ago

Metallica last week.

0820162234_HDR (resized).jpg0820162234_HDR (resized).jpg

0820162232 (resized).jpg0820162232 (resized).jpg

0820162059a_Pano (resized).jpg0820162059a_Pano (resized).jpg

#212 7 years ago

The Beach Boys " summer in Paradise" tour 1992 Perth esplanade.
When they sang California girls ALL the Miss Worlds at the time came out on stage in bikini's, firkin classic.

#213 7 years ago

Toss up between a few:

"ALL" - 1994 (Surprise visit by Milo)
"NOFX" - 1993 (White Trash tour - Stagedove about 30 times)
"Dropkick Murphys" with "The Business" - 2000ish
"Gogol Bordello" - 2008

#214 7 years ago

Pink Floyd (sans Waters) in the Superdome, The Division Bell tour. Unimaginably fantastic performance.

#215 7 years ago

ozzy with zack wyld at the bell center 2003

#216 7 years ago

Bo Diddley in Fish Creek 2003
or
Hank 3 in Green Bay 2010

#217 7 years ago

Violent Femmes followed maybe by The White Stripes or The Decembrists

#218 7 years ago

Phish red rocks 1994
Gdead albany 1990
Roger Waters kaos 1987
U2 Joshua Tree 1987

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Phish red rocks 1994

wish I was at that one!

#220 7 years ago

Any Rock concert in the old Capital Center near DC. The atmosphere in there made the show, and you didn't need to bring any of your own...............

#221 7 years ago

Too many to mention. Too hard to pick and all have a special place in my heart. Went to Live Aid in '85. I was only 6. That was my first gig. Dad was an avid Status Quo fan. Glastonbury, Reading, Roots, Warped tours, punk gigs, etc etc

#222 7 years ago

IMO -
Top 3 US Amphitheaters (in terms of ambience and acoustics):

Red Rocks
The Gorge
Hollywood Bowl

Top 3 Bands I Never Got To See:

Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Bob Marley

Top 3 Unsuspecting Live Acts You Should See at Least Once for Musicianship:

Sade
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
The Roots

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

IMO -
Top 3 US Amphitheaters (in terms of ambience and acoustics):
Red Rocks
The Gorge
Hollywood Bowl
Top 3 Bands I Never Got To See:
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Bob Marley
Sade
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
The Roots

Rodrigo Y Gabriela are awesome

#224 7 years ago

Tom Waits.
Rancid.
Frank Black and the Catholics.
in that order

#225 7 years ago

metwasp (resized).JPGmetwasp (resized).JPG

#226 7 years ago

I saw Metallica in in 1988 (And Justice For All was their newest album) at City Island, Harrisburg Pa. before they changed from a heavy metal band into a hard rock band.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Sade
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
The Roots

This is most accurate.
-Jeff

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I saw Metallica in in 1988 (And Justice For All was their newest album)

Great tour. Worked backstage after show. Good people
-Jeff

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I went to see Dave Matthews Band for the first time a month ago. The quality of sound and the talent of the band was great. There are some great musicians in that band. They played for 3 hours straight and came back for an encore of 3 songs. I don't know how many people fit in Deer Creek but there were a lot.

Damn if I knew you were they we could have partied,I've seen Dave 8 times at Deercreek it's always great.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I saw Metallica in in 1988 (And Justice For All was their newest album) at City Island, Harrisburg Pa. before they changed from a heavy metal band into a hard rock band.

I somewhat remember seeing them on that tour too. I saw them at this park called Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT. There were seats surrounded by a fence. Standing room only on the other side of the fence. Metallica was playing and security was trying to hold the fence up from the pushing crowd. Security finally gave up and the seating got mangled and all messed up. The parks solution was to stop serving beer at the shows I think. I don't think they have any good shows there at all anymore. I also got to see Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour opening for Ozzy. That was pretty cool too

#231 7 years ago

Deep Purple at Alpine valley for their Perfect Strangers tour - they were incredible! Second would be Rush twice at Red Rocks...

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

» YouTube video

I became a huge Metallica fan around ten years old. Quickly discovered that Cliff died on my birthday a few years earlier. That was a bummer of a revelation.

#233 7 years ago

It's moments like this that make shows great to me.
They take a request can't remember how it goes then nail it.

This and:
Front row for Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Pixies reunion Coachella post Air and the Flaming Lips then followed by Radiohead

#234 7 years ago

First concert was pretty awesome. Metallica/Ozzy in 86 after Cliff died.
Lots of festivals stand out too.
-Ozzfest 99 Black Sabbath first reunion with ozzy. Zombie, slayer, primus, etc...
-Lalopalooza 92 Ministry, Chili peppers, soundgarden, pearl jam, ice cube, etc...

There should be a separate thread "best time I ever had at a concert"
Gwar, Ween, Pink Floyd.

#235 7 years ago

One of the best concerts was Deep Purple opening for Danzig back in the 90s.

A huge stadium full of Purple fans were jubilant as the group wrapped up their set.

Then Danzig took the stage with a giant howl and 3/4 of the stadium bolted for the exits.

-

It's funny because Helmet and Corrosion of Conformity played before Purple; but apparently, Danzig was simply too much for the hippies.

Sold into slavery down in New Orleans
Goddess of the bayou light
Black dog's head on the killing bed
Severed and left to bleed
There on fire in the corner of the world
There in misery
There on fire in the corner of the world
Left for God to see

Do you want to take a life?
Do you want to cross that line?
'Cause it's a long way back from Hell
And you don't want to go with me

Poisoned father of the human race
God of the tainted blood
Malevolence sneaking up the spine of the world
Ready for the bastard son
There on fire in the veins of man
There in misery
There on fire in the veins of man
Left for God to see

Do you want to take a life?
Do you want to cross that line?
'Cause it's a long way back from Hell
And you don't want to go with me

#236 7 years ago

Two concerts stand out as the best. The first was J. Geils and Magic Dick. It was 104 degrees and Magic Dick was wearing leather pants and a leather jacket just tearing it up. I was roasting in my own juices wearing shorts and a tank top. The other was Huey Lewis and the News. The original members. The best live band I've ever seen.

#237 7 years ago

I'll probably get shit for this but KISS in '96 with the original members was killer. The crowd was so loud you could barely hear what song they were playing. Instant time machine trip. Billy Joel last year was another great show. My girlfriend saw Prince on the Purple Rain tour and I will be forever jealous.

#238 7 years ago

Well,children,since i've been around practically from the start,it has to be,The Beatles! 1966 Candelstick park,with,The Chicago Transit Authority,and with thier first no.1 hit,Red Rubber Ball,The Cyrkle,and,George Harrison's buddy,Billy Preston!! A good time was had by all!!!

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'll probably get shit for this but KISS in '96 with the original members was killer. The crowd was so loud you could barely hear what song they were playing. Instant time machine trip.

I saw KISS three times on the first Reunion tour in '96. Great Shows for all the old school KISS fans!!

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'll probably get shit for this but KISS in '96 with the original members was killer.

Great show. I was in the barricade for this one. So at one point i feel wetness running down my back. At first i thought it was the roof leaking but whan i looked up it was Gene spitting blood down my back.

--Jeff

#241 7 years ago

way2wyrd,was he hurt.or,was that part of the act??

#242 7 years ago

Eagles, New Orleans June 12, 2003. Purchased tickets from a charity benefit, guaranteed front row. When we got there it was front row center. Got a goodie bag, then they let us backstage after concert. Real treat.

#243 7 years ago

I've seen Kiss at the Oakland Coliseum, one hell of a fine act,really!

#244 7 years ago

IDK. I've seen Bob Dylan, The who, Ween, White Stripes, Devendra Banhart, lots of SST records punk bands, The pogues, I'm all over the map.

BTW, Ween is playing again! Going to try to see them this Sunday. Sold Out, but never stopped me before! I've snuck backstage to the afterparty at every single concert I've ever been to in my life besides the pogues and Dylan. Always a blast.

#245 7 years ago

Charlie Daniels last week at the Washington PA Fair.

Just kidding about "best concert ever" but for a guy that is 79 years old (pushing 80) he put on a hell of a good show. We have been trying to get to see Charlie for about 5 years now and somehow it never worked out. This past week we finally got the chance to see him live for the first time and what a great show considering he is almost 80.

I am just over 60 years old and wouldn't want to keep up with his tour schedule. About 15 shows a month all over the US is insane for a guy his age. And he still plays banjo and sings as good as he did almost 50 years ago. Most people his age have one foot in the grave but I guess he is still beating the devil with more than the banjo!

If any of you like his music and have the chance be sure to catch one of his shows if he is coming to your area.

#246 7 years ago

Funny enough, Jared's epic party in 2014 in Dallas featuring Vanilla Ice and a ton of classic rappers. Was a phenomenal party.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

,was he hurt.or,was that part of the act??

Act. He always rolls that tongue out and spits fake blood

-Jeff

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jared's epic party in 2014 in Dallas featuring Vanilla Ice and a ton of classic rappers. Was a phenomenal party.

Stop... lol

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The Roots

Yep, when they were opening for Beck. Whatever happened to those guys?

#250 7 years ago

Probably the best concert ever was Jerry Lee Lewis at the House of Blues in New Orleans. Unfuckingreal. Can't remember what year... Late 90s I'll guess. Was in town with my Dad for a conference, called down to the concierge and asked if there was anything cool to do that night. Guy was a serious old time southern black guy, like sitting on his porch with a diddly bow old time southern black guy, and he said something like, 'Well sir, I don't know nothin' bout the music you kids listen too, but Jerry Lee Lewis is playing live at the House of Blues in about an hour."

Tied for second place would be ZZ Top in the late 80s / early 90s on the Recycler tour at the Tacoma dome and White Zombie at Key Arena. Both were fucking amazing.

Shittiest concert EVER was Robert Cray at the Paramount in Seattle. Jesus Christ.

Oh, my tinnitus reminds me I probably should have skipped ACDC Money Talks in Tacoma. "Oh sure Dad, thanks, I'll for sure wear these earplugs."

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.