Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG
IMG_4048 (resized).JPG
IMG_1823 (resized).JPG
IMG_1822 (resized).JPG
Jon Anderson (resized).jpg
The-Adolescents-Musink-2018-www.loyalphoto.com-meg-burcina_-8 (resized).jpg
f8fc730eabfcf3fe8b0e832faf853c39--ontario-california-california-history (resized).jpg
C4EB905B-6279-47F5-B147-8CEFA7D2AE2B (resized).jpeg
20171006_220806 (resized).jpg
20171006_222020 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
MPW-16403 (resized).jpg
both (resized).png
Nirvana (resized).jpg
Axis - It's A Circus World (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 5 years ago

In 1966, The Yardbirds played at our Cotillion which holds about 2000 people, maybe less. Jimmie Page was playing guitar at this time. He used his violin bow on one song. There was not any security other than house people. I was hanging down in front of the stage at the band's feet.

They were playing a Hendrix song, "I Don't Live Today" when the drummer passed out and he collapsed with his head falling into his double-toms. It took a few seconds for the rest of the band to figure out they had no drummer, who was taken away for a rest. A call went out and a local guy who knew Yardbirds stuff was drafted and the show went on.

I had a good time at that show.

I had a better time in 1994 going to see Pink Floyd at Kansas City Arrowhead stadium.

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Nobody walks in L.A.

That's what we we singing. Coliseum's not in the best of neighborhoods especially late at night. So we walked around for a while until we finally found some cool dudes that had also been at the Who show and hopped in the bed of the truck and they drove us home. Car was recovered a few days later after it had been involved in a wreck. I fixed it.

#703 5 years ago

Well, to keep in the age of the thread I was lucky enough to see the Grateful Dead billed as The Warlocks in Hampton, VA on 10/9/89. My first of only a few Dead shows and a killer as they pulled out a couple tunes for the first times in years.

To derail the thread, I went to Taylor Swift at Fed Ex in Landover, MD last week and it had the best production I've seen at a show to date. These pics are from the second song!

IMG_4047 (resized).JPGIMG_4047 (resized).JPGIMG_4048 (resized).JPGIMG_4048 (resized).JPG
#704 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In 1966, The Yardbirds played at our Cotillion which holds about 2000 people, maybe less. Jimmie Page was playing guitar at this time. He used his violin bow on one song. There was not any security other than house people. I was hanging down in front of the stage at the band's feet.
They were playing a Hendrix song, "I Don't Live Today" when the drummer passed out and he collapsed with his head falling into his double-toms. It took a few seconds for the rest of the band to figure out they had no drummer, who was taken away for a rest. A call went out and a local guy who knew Yardbirds stuff was drafted and the show went on.
I had a good time at that show.
I had a better time in 1994 going to see Pink Floyd at Kansas City Arrowhead stadium.

One of the better concerts I saw was Tool at the Cotillion supporting their Anema album. Drove down from Hays With a bunch of friends from college. The Cotillion offers an up close and personal experience, it is a great venue. I also went to the Pink Floyd concert at arrowhead, managed to get a couple of promoter tickets from G and B records in Hays. Best concert ever!!

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-concert-you-ever-attended/page/15?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.