Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have been off this week and playing a ton of pinball. I have really gotten into SM and am just curious what is your best # Combo. I have a 6 combo so far. Is that bad or good? I am just now getting into this game after owning since the fall.

#2 8 years ago

Well on mine I am the Combo Champ at 27 combos, and also Best Combo Champion 9-Way. Not sure what the difference is, or if it's even good. I'm not that great a player

Pete

#3 8 years ago

I have a 11-way on best combo,and have 24 on combo champ. I have played SM a lot!

Also I put a very little silicone lube spray on my spinner(both sides) and waxed the play field good and went from 18-22 spins to 34-38 spins on a good shot!!
Not sure if this is a good idea or not,emphasis on very little silicone with a rag protecting the play field.

#4 8 years ago

Triple 7 way combo is the best I have gotten so far. Total combos is 42. I got 319 mil on that game but still didn't activate Super Hero mode. That third Venom Mode is a PITA to complete.

#5 8 years ago

I got some combo practicing to do. As I type I am taking a break from installing Pinbits plastic protector set with webbing. I am also changing some LED's out like I did AVATAR yesterday. I am having fun but it is decent size project. I already have 4 screws that fell into the cabinet.. I need magnetic screwdriver set...

#6 8 years ago

installing Pinbits plastic protector set with webbing.

I put the same kit in last summer! Great upgrade from Pinbits! I love the look of the webbed protectors on the slings and the Spider Sense lane! I remember the Sandman protector being the most difficult, but you can wiggle it in there if you move the ramps on either side of it. I didn't take the ramps totally out, but just moved them to the sides a bit. A tight squeeze, but it worked out fine. I was told the Sandman plastic will definitely break, if this protector is not installed, so I made it my mission!

Good luck!

#7 8 years ago

Not sure what the difference is, or if it's even good.

The #-way combo is how many shots in a row that you string together. The other combo number is how many combo's throughout the game you put together.
For example, if you started off with a 4-way combo, that would count as 3 combos. then later you have a 2-way combo, you now have 4 combos.
Once you get to 10 combos they are worth more for the rest of the ball. there is even a multiball at 25 ...but I haven't gotten that far yet

Hope that made sense...

#8 8 years ago

Hope that made sense...

Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Most times when I'm doing well it's pure luck.....LOL!

#9 8 years ago

I think the combos are cool on SM, but I don't really go for them all that much. I naturally try for the white arrows because I get two modes going in one game if I'm lucky.
I still like the excitement of finding the secret combos in some of the William's games

#10 8 years ago

Once you get to 10 combos they are worth more for the rest of the ball. there is even a multiball at 25

I didn't realize this. Thanks.

The only time I really go for combos is during some of the modes like Bonesaw, Save MJ and especially New Goblin. Or repeated backhands to the left ramp to complete Venom's first two modes. Otherwise I am shooting the white arrows to start the modes.

That 7 way combo was during New Goblin. It was the first time I ever completed that mode without a break in the shots.

#11 8 years ago

Double 7-way is my best so far

11 months later
#12 7 years ago

Just (re)set a couple records on mine (first time to Super Hero as well).

44 combos
Triple 14-way

Gonna have to get to Super Hero more often - last Venom is truly a bitch as are white arrows for score. The last initials that aren't mine are that mocking rat bastard PEM with a Super Hero Champion score of 150M

#13 7 years ago

52 combos here and Combo Multiball starts when you hit 50. You got some work to do.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

52 combos here and Combo Multiball starts when you hit 50. You got some work to do.

Are you serious, there is a combo multiball?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Snowdale said:52 combos here and Combo Multiball starts when you hit 50. You got some work to do.

YUP!!! Orbits open up and any combo is a jackpot.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Double 7-way is my best so far

Well Double 12 way combo is my best now. Combo multiball is fun especially if you stack it with BSMB or OckMB. Easy way to rack up some sweet combos. On a side note Super Hero has to be my favorite wizard modes now. Definitely one of the best challenges with the 5 diff levels needed to complete it.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Definitely one of the best challenges with the 5 diff levels needed to complete it

I got as far as the third level. The Doc Ock closing and opening held me up in the second.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Combo Multiball starts when you hit 50. You got some work to do.

I do as well mine are 36 Combos 10 Way

Quoted from wizzardz:

The last initials that aren't mine are that mocking rat bastard PEM with a Super Hero Champion score of 150M

I feel you man same here. Furthest I've gotten in third level as well. Can anyone give us a brief breakdown on what to do on the 5 different levels in wizard mode?

#19 7 years ago

lol Never knew it existed. Well time to fire up Spidey and get working on some combos.

#20 7 years ago

1st level: shoot all lit red shots.
2nd level: defeat each vilian 1 at a time, rinse n repeat about 5-6 times.
3rd level: change all white lit arrows to red arrows. Hiting a shot after changing it red will change it back to white. So basically have to hit each shot once only or hit it again if you accidentally change it back.
4th level: bash Sandman about 35-40 times. Must make it all the way into the upkicker.
5th level: shoot spider sense lane to complete Super Hero.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

lol Never knew it existed. Well time to fire up Spidey and get working on some combos.

Word up!

Quoted from smassa:

3rd level: change all white lit arrows to red arrows. Hiting a shot after changing it red will change it back to white. So basically have to hit each shot once only or hit it again if you accidentally change it back.
4th level: bash Sandman about 35-40 times. Must make it all the way into the upkicker.

You rock smassa thanks!

Anyone have any tips on how to hit the spider sense lane fairly consistently I am struggling with that shot right now pretty bad.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

WOW sounds near impossible! Sm is deeper than I thought.

#23 7 years ago

LOL!! I have best combo 11-way X2...not sure how that works, but it had me put my initials in twice?? I think hubby has combo champ with 45...
My favorite combo is..right upper flipper venom shot, then the battle royal ramp, then the venom ramp, then either doc ock or the right orbit battle royal ramp etc.......when I start out with those shots, and can keep doing it...it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!!

Phoebe

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

TomGWI said:lol Never knew it existed. Well time to fire up Spidey and get working on some combos.

Word up!
smassa said:1st level: shoot all lit red shots.

You rock smassa thanks!
Anyone have any tips on how to hit the spider sense lane fairly consistently I am struggling with that shot right now pretty bad.

2 ways to go about shooting the spider sense lane. If you can get the ball rolling up the right flipper high enough you can try a quick backhand while hiding the flipper button after shooting it and as the ball gets under the upper flipper let it go to kinda trap the ball into the lane.

The other obvious way is a straight shot towards the underside of the upper flipper from the left side. Practice it during normal play when the lane is lit and get good at releasing the upper flipper to help trap the ball into the lane.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Practice it during normal play when the lane is lit and get good at releasing the upper flipper to help trap the ball into the lane.

Yea I really do have to practice that shot it is the only one in the game I have trouble with consistently. Well I think I will get plenty of practice in today.

1 week later
#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

TomGWI said:

Snowdale said:52 combos here and Combo Multiball starts when you hit 50. You got some work to do.
YUP!!! Orbits open up and any combo is a jackpot.

That's a bummer. I recently put up over a billion on a Black Spiderman and now looking back at the pictures I took of the high scores I got for that game, I had 47 combos...

I probably could have really opened her up had I realized 50 was the magic number.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I made it to super hero the day we had this discussion and you are right you need to hit Sandman a crazy amount of times I think I was close but just couldn't complete that level. Something to shoot for I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside