(Topic ID: 278014)

Best code of Stern spike 2?

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best code of Stern spike 2?”

• BM66 47 votes
      22%
    • SW 37 votes
      17%
    • DP 13 votes
      6%
    • JP2 54 votes
      25%
    • Elvira 28 votes
      13%
    • GotG 1 vote
    • Maiden 24 votes
      11%
    • BKSOR 0 votes
    • Stranger Things 6 votes
      3%
    • TMNT 4 votes
      2%
    • Aerosmith 2 votes
      1%
    • Beatles 0 votes

(216 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

EHoH and it’s still not complete.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I want to get BM66 but have played it on location and the turntable was not great and the shots were not silky smooth. Maybe it's a game that the code overcomes the hit or miss layout?

I’ve played BM66 quite a bit. It’s a good pin, but I do agree it’s a bit clunky which, in my opinion, detracts a bit from its overall enjoyment level. When people talk it up, I do think a lot of that has to do with the code because I don’t think it hits on all cylinders so to speak.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Bad players use the term clunky.

I completely disagree. Sometimes games are clunky, sometimes they are not. I used the term clunky and I’m certainly not a bad player. Check out some of my scores. Plus, I own a Rob Zombie which many feel is a very difficult shooter. I don’t have any issues making the shots and have some long ball times.

Generalizations are always a bit dangerous.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What r some clunky games in ur opinion? Maybe I just haven't played that particular pin yet.

Well, for one, B66. Call it clunky or whatever term you want, but it’s not as smooth a shooter as most other Stern pins that have come out the last few years. Maybe your using clunky in a more literal sense and maybe it’s just relative, but I don’t think it shoots as well as a lot of other games. Just my opinion. You can certainly disagree.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What r some clunky games in ur opinion? Maybe I just haven't played that particular pin yet.

How about WOZ? Again, clunky, in my opinion, doesn’t necessarily mean bad. It just means that it’s not a smooth shooter with more stop and go shots.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Good day sir.

It’s been a pleasure! Maybe our exchange would have been more spirited if it was later in the day, beers in hand. Have a great day as well.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Alright lets meet up here around 7pm or so. Remember "clunky".

I’m always up for beers. Actually,
    leaving to get some brewing supplies right now. I’d be there if you were around the block. I won’t forget - “clunky”.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Uh Gentlemen.....the question posed by the OP was best code of Spike 2, levels of clunky-ness was not.....

We digressed. It happens

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I had EHOH temporarily was fun but the jokes get old after a while.

I think that’s the case for most pins that are home use. After a while, any call out no matter how great loses its luster after a bit. With EHoH, just hit both flipper buttons when the clips come on and you will skip right past them. Maybe you can do that with other pins as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-code-of-stern-spike-2?tu=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.